You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest simon

A-fucking-men. Jesus, it's like a 5 year old thinking the louder I scream the more chance I have of getting what I want.

Ah so the more people that join SOS the more chance we have of sounding like a 5 year old.

If 'we' are the 5 year old, then you are surely the parent ignoring the fact I've cut myself and are doing nothing about it and saying 'Oh it will be alright'.

It's hysterical nonsense, I should know. I'm prone to it myself.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Anti Rafa Taliban and all that

What about it exactly?

Ant, you were saying?

It'd take more than bringing certain people back to 'the bootroom' to restore the traditions of the club. Those traditions are incompatible with the playground of vulgar and spoiled bastards - both on and off the pitch - which the premiership has now become. It takes more to motivate players in this day and age then being an honest man.

He's saying, and I assume you know and are being deliberately obtuse Andy, is that the 'in one' comment is a little bit rich considering you're credited with labelling the section of our fans who don't back Rafa, the Anti-Rafa Taliban.

That's what Ant is saying.

Once more, Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

Seriously, you've really lost me here

Care to clarify exactly what your insinuating, just so I can be absolutely sure?

He's saying, and I assume you know and are being deliberately obtuse Andy, is that the 'in one' comment is a little bit rich considering you're credited with labelling the section of our fans who don't back Rafa, the Anti-Rafa Taliban.

In one.

But he'd be getting his facts wrong, wouldn't he, considering it's been pointed out that it was actually 'coined' back in December by Ted?

Wouldn't want to be spreading mistruths now, would we?

It wasn't, it was coined by someone called cestrianred who only ever posted on here to have a go at people having a go at Rafa.

So still not me then

Wicked good

But he'd be getting his facts wrong, wouldn't he, considering it's been pointed out that it was actually 'coined' back in December by Ted?

Wouldn't want to be spreading mistruths now, would we?

Good Lord, I don't know, I just don't want to read pages of you saying "dunno what you're talking about" and Ant getting wound up by you being deliberately dense. That's not great reading for everyone else, and you're smarter than that.

Ah so the more people that join SOS the more chance we have of sounding like a 5 year old.

If 'we' are the 5 year old, then you are surely the parent ignoring the fact I've cut myself and are doing nothing about it and saying 'Oh it will be alright'.

It's hysterical nonsense, I should know. I'm prone to it myself.

What has SOS got to do with anything?

And to be honest, the "5 year old" jibe was mainly directed at you and your constant toys out of the pram stuff. There is of course one or two others who can't let any thread go without having to have a moan, but you can be such a little whine Ant.

Edited by JohnnyH

Good Lord, I don't know, I just don't want to read pages of you saying "dunno what you're talking about" and Ant getting wound up by you being deliberately dense. That's not great reading for everyone else, and you're smarter than that.

Fair enough

At the end of the day though Jules, I wasn't the one throwing around allegations and refusing to back them up

What has SOS got to do with anything?

And to be honest, the "5 year old" jibe was mainly directed at you and your constant toys out of the pram stuff. There is of course one or two others who can't let any thread go without having to have a moan, but you can be such a little whine Ant.

Fair enough, but we've had fuck all to cheer recently.

And even if we did win the UEFA Cup and Finished 4th it still wouldn't be good enough.

Fair enough, but we've had fuck all to cheer recently.

And even if we did win the UEFA Cup and Finished 4th it still wouldn't be good enough.

The way we've played wouldn't be good enough and that would need to be seriously looked at, but there is a whole other conversation as to whether or not we should still be expecting to challenge for the title and whether or not a trophy and qualifying for CL should now ("Now" being the last 10 years or so) be considered a success at Liverpool. It was interesting to hear John Barnes just there on Sky say that we overachieved last season and are now basically a club that is looking for 4th. He also said Rafa had done a "great job", but that this year was obviously a poor one. He didn't have a go at the owners or the lack of backing, but there's still time so hopefully he will.

If you mean Ant, then I assume he thought you'd know to what he was referring.

I challenged him because he stated something which was, quite frankly, fucking bollocks.

He then chose not to address the question directly, hence the repeated request for him to either put up or shut up.

As I said, I agree that it clogged up the thread, and I apologise, but I won't apologise for defending myself.

Don't think we over achieved last year. I think it was progression from previous years. This year we have regressed with results but more worryingly the way we play

bad tactical decisions have remained a constant though through rafa's tenure. That's why i'm for a change. He won't change his outlook. Just doesn't fit with winning this league

i am not sure whether the return of the bootroom is the way to go but it is certainly an option that could be looked into even in the modern era we now see football in. I could only imagine the lift i would get if i had several liverpool legends around telling stories, giving advice and enolved in training, team selection etc. I agree Heighway should still be here. I don't think Rafa is the man for the job and i have thought this for sometime. It is not down to us not winning things recently under him as i think his overachievement early on has made fans expect to win as opposed to want to win. Rafa is certainly respected in Spain and elsewhere and he was able to bring in some great players that we MAY never have had the opportunity to get but his tactics and dull football has always annoyed me. I used to love watching Liverpool play when the likes of Macmanaman, Barnes and Fowler were savage. We weren't winning things every year and we were by no means the best team in the prem but i was still proud to be a liverpool fan and looked forward to every match. Now i am forced to watch due to my loyalties and never feel fulfilled even after a win (some exceptions of course). I think we have a few very good players and others that could be better.I am not asking for us to win the treble every year but i would like to see some decent football being played by players under a manager that likes attractive attacking football. Wenger may have won fuck all but i would be happier watching fuck all under him than fuck all under Rafa. Some players aren't good enough for Liverpool but there are enough that are to enable us to play good football and achieve 4th in the league.I think a new manager that can get those players playing again would be better than Rafa. I am not sure who that is but for me there has to be a few managers out there that would want to manage us and could get the players playing decent football and winning more matches.A manager that can motivate players, is respected massively by the players and has the ability to make some decent tactical decisions with good back up coaches is an improvement in my eyes.I would also like to put my own name forward for the position if noone can come up with anyone. Resume to follow.