You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ShoePiss
At pushing £50 a ticket the equation has changed. Football generally has been happy to swallow the cash and not worry too much about what comes back.

When £4m salaries are common there is a fine line between being a supporter, and being taken for a mug.

Fuck off you you fucking right wing tory cunt. You should be strung up by your fucking balls you shithouse.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really depressing reading this. Liverpool support have always been one of the many big positives about the club. You really do need to get this sorted. We had the same problem at Ibrox. Due to the seated stadia and reading this thread something I hadn't thought about, older fans moving to the more subdued parts of the ground making room in the KOP for new blood.

There has been a great upturn in the atmosphere At Ibrox due to the formation of groups of likeminded fans being seated together. It's a small group (400/500) but it's growing all the time and the more those outwith the area see them supporting the team and enjoying themselves, more are wanting to join. They now have a waiting list. I think with the turmoil with my club right now there will be more seats available for those wanting to join. I also think we will see the real Rangers supporters if we can pull through this! Good luck in getting your atmosphere back, but it won't haopen on its own, you need to make it happen.

only way to improve atmosphere is to bring back Safe Standing & Cheap tickets prices

I agree. Don't know if anyones had the pleasure of going to a bundesliga game but i had more fun watching st pauli than i can remember having at anfield. 12 euros a ticket, can drink at smoke whilst watching the game, loads of birds, great atmosphere, cheap sausage. Me and my mates spent the whole match bouncing and singing songs which were sung in several languages and led by a few lunatics with megaphones. It really need to happen here if atmospheres are to be improved. Its not just anfield, its pretty much every ground. Has anyone been to the emirates? Like a fucking morgue.

Its ok for Wigan to come to Anfield and outsing over 40k of us as i've paid my money and i'm not being entertained on the pitch!

Thing is, its a good day out for the wigan fans, they'll be pissed up and making a day of it. Our away fans make more noise than the anfield crowd.

Fuck off you you fucking right wing tory cunt. You should be strung up by your fucking balls you shithouse.

I too agree that xerxes posts can be a little annoying at times but i agree with his post and i'm as far from a 'right wing tory cunt' as you can imagine,hence the user name.

I agree that its stupid to pay the best part of £50 then do nothing but criticise the players but the players are being paid the big money because football is now considered entertainment too and they have a duty to at least give their all every time they play.

Way back the percentage of the average weekly wage to watch football was in single figures whereas now its around 20 to 30% or more in some cases. The supporters pay this and keep their end of the bargain but i cant say a lot of the players do.