You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All well and good but the ''They don't care about Rafa'' line which was being sung on the night and in general instead of the ''they only care about money'' is nauseating to say the least and muddies the waters somewhat.

As far as I know its always been 'they don't care about Rafa' do we have to change it now because some of are fans don't like the manager :whatever:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen versions saying ''They only care about money'' which is much more apt than than ''They don't care about Rafa'' anyway. Even my scarf says ''They only care about money''. I couldn't give a toss what they think about Rafa to be honest.

Well think about who sold you your scarf and you'll understand why he went for that version.

There are two versions of that song, it started out as 'They don't care about Rafa' and was changed for the very reason you're complaining about. Then at the match Monday whoever started it obviously sung the original instead.

Guest davelfc
I still think the original is the best

He don't care about Xabi

He don't care about Rick

Rafa Benit........

He deserves better than that, you're just being a childish prick.

Guest TesticleOReilly
I still think the original is the best

He don't care about Xabi

He don't care about Rick

Rafa Benitez, the fat spanish prick

Do Hicks and Gillette not know you're available?

Well think about who sold you your scarf and you'll understand why he went for that version.

There are two versions of that song, it started out as 'They don't care about Rafa' and was changed for the very reason you're complaining about. Then at the match Monday whoever started it obviously sung the original instead.

Not meaning this at you mate but it is emotional bullying in a way though isn't it by whoever the douches were who started it on Monday night? Why should whether they care about Rafa even be an issue anyway? The fact they only care about money is all we should be bothered about really. People who want to protest against the Americans who want the manager out can't sing the first line of that song.

• 2 weeks later...
Not meaning this at you mate but it is emotional bullying in a way though isn't it by whoever the douches were who started it on Monday night? Why should whether they care about Rafa even be an issue anyway? The fact they only care about money is all we should be bothered about really. People who want to protest against the Americans who want the manager out can't sing the first line of that song.

Why not? You don't have to view it as a personal thing; regardless of whether or not you would want Rafa out, you'd still want the owners to back the manager (wheover he is), wouldn't you? The reason they haven't backed him isn't because of his performance.

That's a bit smalltime mate.

It's almost a bit upsetting.

Things are shite now. Fine, we must deal with that.

But this is a man who made us a feared power in Europe right up until last season with this, our first real season of European dissapointment. He won us the European Cup in 2005, and then got us to another final 2 years later where we were unlucky to lose. We also went out another year in extra time in the semi final - a stones throw from a third European Cup Final.

I'm fine with people saying we shouldn't live on past glorys, and they shouldn't be a reason for a manager to keep his job. But when I see the man who gave us Istanbul and almost Athens and made us feared throughout Europe, called a "Prick" and "Clueless" and "Useless" and to "Fuck off", it just makes me sad. Have Liverpool fans changed that much from what we were in years gone by? There are plenty of people on here who want Rafa gone right now, but they would never speak of a man like that who gave us pride back throughtout European football. People talking of him like that need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask themseves if this is what a Liverpool fan should act like.

But this is a man who made us a feared power in Europe right up until last season with this, our first real season of European dissapointment. He won us the European Cup in 2005, and then got us to another final 2 years later where we were unlucky to lose. We also went out another year in extra time in the semi final - a stones throw from a third European Cup Final.

I'm fine with people saying we shouldn't live on past glorys, and they shouldn't be a reason for a manager to keep his job. But when I see the man who gave us Istanbul and almost Athens and made us feared throughout Europe, called a "Prick" and "Clueless" and "Useless" and to "Fuck off", it just makes me sad. Have Liverpool fans changed that much from what we were in years gone by? There are plenty of people on here who want Rafa gone right now, but they would never speak of a man like that who gave us pride back throughtout European football. People talking of him like that need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask themseves if this is what a Liverpool fan should act like.

Good post, i've seen/heard him being called worse than that though its shocking! I can understand people wanting him out but there's no need to hate/call him hatefull names. No surprise to see this post about atmosphere dragged off onto that topic by that lot though!

I pretty much agree with all of that post but the bit in bold is a bit ironic, is it not? What was it people were calling Aldridge over a fucking interview with Nuts magazine? What was it people were calling Danny Murphy for speaking out about the current form of his club? etc. etc.

I pretty much agree with all of that post but the bit in bold is a bit ironic, is it not? What was it people were calling Aldridge over a fucking interview with Nuts magazine? What was it people were calling Danny Murphy for speaking out about the current form of his club? etc. etc.

Aldridge and Danny Murphy left Liverpool years ago. I am talking about personal insults on the current Liverpool manager because people disagree with how he picks his team.

I’ve just read back both threads.

I said the piece by Danny Murphy was a “bitter bitter piece”. For me it was. But I also said that I loved Danny when he was with us, but that comments like this are shite as they set us back in the fight to get rid of the owners. I didn’t call Danny one single personal insult. Not one.

As for Aldridge. He was quoted by Nuts magazine and the Mirror as saying that this was his “Lowest time as a Liverpool fan” and “Robbie Keane, Peter Crouch, Craig Bellamy and Michael Owen could all be wearing Liverpool colours today, yet Rafa relies on an untested kid in David Ngog to start in big games? Now he's reaping the rewards of letting his best players leave.” (which was nonsense in my opinion as we know he couldn’t have kept them and had Torres) and that “Gerrard and Torres were fully fit and couldn’t be used as an excuse” which was also nonsense. These were quotes. He has since denied them and said he was suing Nuts magazine. I’ll be interested to see when he does. Anyway, I called him a tit on the back of these, and if anyone says what I consider to be unhelpful nonsense then I will call them a tit again. If Rafa leaves and comes out with something like that I’d call him a tit.

Aldo left Liverpool over 20 years ago. Former players will get some abuse if they come out with controversial comments that may be seen as damaging by some. That’s life. Ronnie Whelan has been acting like a right tit for quite a while now, however, it doesn’t make my point about the personal abuse of Benitez any more wrong.

The manager is here now, and is getting called a prick and much worse regularly while he tries his best. And that is small time shite and bang out of order.

Incase anyone's knickers are still in a twist, I was joking and whoever couldn't see that needs their head looked at.

I don't think Rafa is a prick, he might be fat, he might be Spanish, but he isn't a prick.

He's just been generally clueless this season, and that wasn't a joke.

Last year after the Stoke game I think it was (one which we drew but should have won anyway) a big angry bloke outside the Arkles was screaming at the top of his voice that Rafa was "a fucking fat Spanish cunt" and we'll never win anything with him in charge.

That was LAST YEAR when we came within a whisker, and WERE the best team in the division (regardless of that tired cliche).

Now I come to think of it, it could have been a number of people on here.

He'd be well up for ART, anyway. If he's still alive. A 0-0 home draw made him want to take on all-comers, so goodness knows how he was feeling after the Wigan game this year.

If I'd have thought on, I'd have asked for his mobile number. But now I think about it, I don't think he'd be allowed one.

Incase anyone's knickers are still in a twist, I was joking and whoever couldn't see that needs their head looked at.

I don't think Rafa is a prick, he might be fat, he might be Spanish, but he isn't a prick.

He's just been generally clueless this season, and that wasn't a joke.

Thing is though Ant nobody will believe you because of your constant shite that you chat.

If you were deemed a funny poster, people would have seen the proclaimed comedy value you were going for, thing is for those who have their knickers in a twist were right to as it was you posting it. Your reputation preceeds you.

Each time having to get your dig in, and you probably get a little boner each time you do.

Aldridge and Danny Murphy left Liverpool years ago. I am talking about personal insults on the current Liverpool manager because people disagree with how he picks his team.

I’ve just read back both threads.

I said the piece by Danny Murphy was a “bitter bitter piece”. For me it was. But I also said that I loved Danny when he was with us, but that comments like this are shite as they set us back in the fight to get rid of the owners. I didn’t call Danny one single personal insult. Not one.

As for Aldridge. He was quoted by Nuts magazine and the Mirror as saying that this was his “Lowest time as a Liverpool fan” and “Robbie Keane, Peter Crouch, Craig Bellamy and Michael Owen could all be wearing Liverpool colours today, yet Rafa relies on an untested kid in David Ngog to start in big games? Now he's reaping the rewards of letting his best players leave.” (which was nonsense in my opinion as we know he couldn’t have kept them and had Torres) and that “Gerrard and Torres were fully fit and couldn’t be used as an excuse” which was also nonsense. These were quotes. He has since denied them and said he was suing Nuts magazine. I’ll be interested to see when he does. Anyway, I called him a tit on the back of these, and if anyone says what I consider to be unhelpful nonsense then I will call them a tit again. If Rafa leaves and comes out with something like that I’d call him a tit.

Aldo left Liverpool over 20 years ago. Former players will get some abuse if they come out with controversial comments that may be seen as damaging by some. That’s life. Ronnie Whelan has been acting like a right tit for quite a while now, however, it doesn’t make my point about the personal abuse of Benitez any more wrong.

The manager is here now, and is getting called a prick and much worse regularly while he tries his best. And that is small time shite and bang out of order.

I didn't say you. I said "people".

I didn't say you. I said "people".

You did indeed, but I took it heart and cried a little.

I was mainly trying to say that the manager getting insulted after a bad performance, and a former player getting insulted after coming out with controversial comment is two very different things. I was also somewhat defending myself in case some people thought I was been a hypocrite, as I've never been a hyprocrite, this week, I think.