You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho press conference

Hermes

quality manager, not sure i could stomach it if he started talking about loving chelsea, their fans and their players when we played them though. Also how can we have a manager who is mates with taggart!

I think he could win us the title but there is no dynasty with him, he wants to hit personal milestones and i don't think he would stick when the going gets tough.

when it gets tough he turns on the board to get in with the fans as the fans are obviously happy with titles but in the eyes of his former and current employer he has so far failed to hit the main objective set for him. He always seems like he is making room for a get away too.

he would want to go somewhere else after winning the title with us imo

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole issue of money seems to cloud a lot of people's views. People hardly give him credit for winning the League for Chelsea because of his resources, but the same people would criticise if him if he failed to win it with all that cash. You can't win with some people.

The way I look at it, there's no such thing as 'buying the League'. Money obviously gives you an advantage, but you need to identify the right players, mould them into a team, manage a hell of a lot of egos and basically develop a system that gets the best out of your key players. As I said, money gives you a good advantage over others but it's not the be all and end all as some people go on.

Chelsea have only won one FA Cup since he left. Real Madrid look like they're going to end up with fuck all after spending all that much in the summer. Blackburn only won one League title in the 90s despite only having the Mancs who could compete financially with them. Football is littered with countless examples of teams who failed despite having vast resources and to be honest, I think it does Mourinho a bit of a disservice to dismiss his achievements just because he had money behind him at Chelsea, regardless of whether you like the fella or not.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Can't see it. They must give the new bloke at least a full season.

Mancini is fairly convinced that he won't be there past the end of the season, so much so that his agent has been making enquiries to certain clubs.

Edited by Ulysses Everett McGill

The whole issue of money seems to cloud a lot of people's views. People hardly give him credit for winning the League for Chelsea because of his resources, but the same people would criticise if him if he failed to win it with all that cash. You can't win with some people.

The way I look at it, there's no such thing as 'buying the League'. Money obviously gives you an advantage, but you need to identify the right players, mould them into a team, manage a hell of a lot of egos and basically develop a system that gets the best out of your key players. As I said, money gives you a good advantage over others but it's not the be all and end all as some people go on.

Nobody is saying money is the main reason for his success, however that, together with taking over a club that has just finished runners up, and semi finalist in the champions league and subsequently spending 100 plus and becomming champions from that position is expected, the same with Inter a team that has won the league for the two previous seasons (three if you count the Juventus lost one).

The assumption that he will walz into a team that has neither of the above traits and win the league is nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Mancini is fairly convinced that he won't be there past the end of the season, so much so that his agent has been making enquiries about to certain clubs.

I think their owners being impatient could stop them from being really successful. The russian at the chavs has stunted them by being so impatient imo.

Is he still unbeaten at home? I guess he can't still be by now, now there was some freaky record in fairness, it was about 4 years or something ridiculous wasn't it?

His record is exceptional but it only really stands if you ignore Charlton's win in the middle of it. If I remember correctly Charlton's win didn't count because it was on penalties and the pitch was sandy.

Nobody is saying money is the main reason for his success, however that, together with taking over a club that has just finished runners up, and semi finalist in the champions league and subsequently spending 100 plus and becomming champions from that position is expected, the same with Inter a team that has won the league for the two previous seasons (three if you count the Juventus lost one).

The assumption that he will walz into a team that has neither of the above traits and win the league is nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

I didn't say he would. I do agree with what you're saying though. It is ridiculous to assume any manager could win us the League. The best I hope for is to challenge consistently. It's ridiculous to go 20 years without winning the League and then saying 'we should get x in because he'd DEFFO win us the League'. Still though, if Rafa left this summer and Mourinho left Inter, we'd be stupid not to consider him. Providing he wanted to come and was willing to take a pay cut obviously.

Just saying I think some people do his record a disservice because he had money. Just because it may be expected, doesn't make it any less of a great achievement because the same people would quick to pull him up for failing to win the League.

You only have to look at Chelsea during his period and after to see the difference a fantastic manager can make. As I said, money gives you a great advantage but it's not the be all and end all.

His record is exceptional but it only really stands if you ignore Charlton's win in the middle of it. If I remember correctly Charlton's win didn't count because it was on penalties and the pitch was sandy.

Barca beat them at Stamford Bridge as well the season they win the European Cup a few years back.

I think his record is only in the League, not all competitions.

Just saying I think some people do his record a disservice because he had money. Just because it may be expected, doesn't make it any less of a great achievement because the same people would quick to pull him up for failing to win the League.

You only have to look at Chelsea during his period and after to see the difference a fantastic manager can make. As I said, money gives you a great advantage but it's not the be all and end all.

It wasn't aimed at you per se, you only need to read this thread to see who it is aimed at!

I attack his record cos he's a cunt, and I will therefore look for anything that backs up my belief that he is not as good as people say he is! It's not right, so feel free to ignore on the basis I am not ever going to be fair.

But the last bit, is a bit of a swerve ball as they are clearly not spending the same money that they spent when he was in charge. The job in a sense has been done with that regard, as it has at United the challenge is what do Chelsea do now!

Ageing and on big wages, they look like they need a new spine and they look like they need a fair bit spent and I think it will be interesting to see what they do.

Not arsed about City as it is a completly unworkable model and smacks of a Sheik having a bit of fun for a couple of years.

the special one's coming to anfield. we wanted him before we approached rafa and now that rafa is on his was out we will see the fulfillment of destiny.

now if some rafa lovers can't cope with a manager that refuses to accept failure then they can behave like 'true fans' and fuck off to support madrid or juve.

the special one's coming to anfield. we wanted him before we approached rafa and now that rafa is on his was out we will see the fulfillment of destiny.

now if some rafa lovers can't cope with a manager that refuses to accept failure then they can behave like 'true fans' and fuck off to support madrid or juve.

youre a special one too mate

retard-baby.jpg

Guest ShoePiss

Yeah! Nail on the head

Guest ShoePiss

I tried to make you even more of a red but apparently I have to spread, I'll get back to you, don't worry!

Spending is not revenue.

However you use the revenue list there.

That lists us as clear 4th in the UK, & a long way behind the Arse, who you absurdly claim spend less than us.

Why, if you use that list for Italy, do you ignore it in the UK?

Because it fits the agenda.

And those who are getting a hard-on about having Mourinho here next season will be bitterly disappointed. Not only that, my money is on Rafa still being here.

MY NAMES IS RAGE SO I HAVE TO BE ANGRY AS IT MAKES ME COOL! I AM NOT MENTAL. RRRAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

(before reading the above, please place tongue between lower teeth and lips)

This thread has been great to read. It's coz he had money. He could do it without money. He only plays defensive football, he's an attacking manager.

I could go on mut I can't be bothered as he won't come here even though he has always stated he is a Liverpool fan from a young age.

Love the comment about city bosses getting ready to ditch the manager and then the fans do too. Looks like they could end up the least successfull rich club around if they won't even give a manager a full season.

I don't think Rafa will go in the summer or the following summer. Same as I don't think we will have got rid of Ren and stimpy in that time frame either. I'm ready to sit this one out for the long haul and see where we are in say 2012-2013. But for now what we have will be business as usual for a while to come.

Is he still unbeaten at home? I guess he can't still be by now, now there was some freaky record in fairness, it was about 4 years or something ridiculous wasn't it?

In the league at home he is still unbeaten from around 2002 I think.

I can't see why he would come here. It would possibly jeopardise his record of winning league titles wherever he goes. As has been pointed out, the teams he has won titles with have been at the top financially in their respective leagues. (There's more to it than money, and that point has been well made in this thread). As it is, we are nowhere near the top financial level in the Prem.

Par for us (financially speaking) would be fourth or fifth. Would he want to operate at that sort of level?

I think he will go to Man Citeh. He will sense trouble looming at Man Utd once Fergie steps down, and Mourinho's career has largely been about impeccable timing. He always seems to be on the crest of the wave of the next emerging sure thing.

Now, if he did choose Liverpool, and he chose us even in spite of all the problems we have off the pitch, and he did this because he still felt he could win the title with us, then the man would go up in my estimation.

If he came and landed the title in those conditions then he would live up to his self-proclaimed moniker.

But short of us being taken over by Ambani or someone with those sort of resources, I think Mourinho will swerve LFC.

Man Citeh is my best guess. Put them on the map with a couple of titles and then off to Real Madrid, who themselves are never too far away at any given time from having a managerial vacancy.