You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho press conference

Hermes

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye shit football when they beat United 3 - 0 to clinch title, beat us 4 -1 at Anfield and also in his first year went to old trafford and played united off the park... next

He has a better CV and a higher trophy count than Rafa...next.

Ok what about us playing the Mancs off the park last season? or the 4-2 against Arsenal? or the 4-0 against Real fucking Madrid? Highest scorers in the league last season..Just thought I would drop that in there

He has a higher trophy count because he, as I have listed, has gone from one extremely strong/extremely rich club to another. In three seasons in La Liga Rafa won two La Liga's whilst competing against two far more superior teams. He then went to Liverpool where he achieved great things in his first 2 seasons (with a shite squad and relatively meagre budget - esp. compared to Mourinho's), before reaching another CL final and almost winning us the league last year.

you could pluck out plenty of great games by us, so what? Weak argument.

To say they played shit football is also a weak argument, one made by people who can't admit to the fact he is a better manager than Rafa with a better record.

Ye shit football when they beat United 3 - 0 to clinch title, beat us 4 -1 at Anfield and also in his first year went to old trafford and played united off the park... next

He has a better CV and a higher trophy count than Rafa...next.

He also has about 10 million reasons to stay in Milan or go to ManC that he would never get here. The Liverpool Way web-site full of people wanting the anti Liverpool Way manager. Sad...

Ok what about us playing the Mancs off the park last season? or the 4-2 against Arsenal? or the 4-0 against Real fucking Madrid? Highest scorers in the league last season..Just thought I would drop that in there

He has a higher trophy count because he, as I have listed, has gone from one extremely strong/extremely rich club to another. In three seasons in La Liga Rafa won two La Liga's whilst competing against two far more superior teams. He then went to Liverpool where he achieved great things in his first 2 seasons (with a shite squad and relatively meagre budget - esp. compared to Mourinho's), before reaching another CL final and almost winning us the league last year.

Having a larger budget brings a different type of pressure and is no guarantee of success, look how Chelsea have faired since he left.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm surprised the German FA didn't nobble the German ref. If Inter had been knocked out tonight the Germans would have got an extra CL spot at the expense of the Italians.

Good result in the end as it will make it easier for the chav wankers to win the league and halt the Mancs. I#d rather Arsenal did us that favour, but always good to have a back up plan.

To say they played shit football is also a weak argument, one made by people who can't admit to the fact he is a better manager than Rafa with a better record.

well it's not really an argument as such, it's more of a blanket statement with nothing suggested to support it. If you asked them to back it up maybe they would. I'm just saying your attempt to back up your disagreement was terrible.

Its not all about the trophies won though, you have to look deeper...

Look at the teams Mourinho inherited, look at the expensive signing he has made, look at his style of football, look at the abysmal signings he has made (all criteria that Rafa has been criticised on in recent months)

For me, I just think its just naive to simply state "yeah, well he has won more! The end"

That is my opinion, anyway. I respect that you have your own opinions on the matter so lets just leave it there.

He also has about 10 million reasons to stay in Milan or go to ManC that he would never get here. The Liverpool Way web-site full of people wanting the anti Liverpool Way manager. Sad...

I want someone who would make us more competitive, I believe he would, what makes Rafa the "Liverpool way" manager? He is often petulant and has used politics at the teams expense to get himself in a position of power, I wouldn't say he is better character wise than Mourinho.

Edited by JMARKH

Yawn, yawn, yawn...it is simply not true.

He won 2 European tropies, 2 titles and a cup with the third-richest club in Portugal.

Why so defensive? Rafa did great things for us in his first two years, Mourinho has done great things...end of story.

well it's not really an argument as such, it's more of a blanket statement with nothing suggested to support it. If you asked them to back it up maybe they would. I'm just saying your attempt to back up your disagreement was terrible.

I never had time to list all the games they played but was just highlighting the fact that they brushed top teams aside on more than one occasion. I'm sure most Chelsea fans would want him back in charge.

Yawn, yawn, yawn...it is simply not true.

He won 2 European tropies, 2 titles and a cup with the third-richest club in Portugal.

Why so defensive? Rafa did great things for us in his first two years, Mourinho has done great things...end of story.

When you can pretty much throw a blanket over the difference between the current spending power of Porto, Benfica and Sporting it's hardly the same as the vast differences that exsist in this league.

He was a success at Porto cos he had a good squad and is a top quality manager. But since leaving them he's either joined the comfortabley biggest spenders or the comfortabley biggest club (in terms of current standing). It has taken his managerial ability to make them come together and for him to be a success but given the relative freedom he had in the transfer market at Chelsea and given the starting block he had to build from at Inter he should surely have reached a European Cup final by now, surely?

Outta the big 3 leagues only one of the top has won one whilst not being in the best position. That's not a dig at Mourinho but more a statement of the level of achievement that Rafa did achieve at Valencia.

Mourinho also left Chelsea at the first sign that he might not be in the strongest position and therefore might not be a successful. He's the managerial equivalent of Cristiano Ronaldo or Didier Drogba. Fantastically good at their role, but also an utter despicable cunt that I'd like to have nowhere near my football club.

I don't think there is anyway on this earth that this fella would even think about taking this job whilst we've got the owners we've got and for that reason I'm deffo out. He wants to come on his terms, in my opinion. Which for me sums him up. It's always about his legacy rather than the clubs.

Jose Mourinho is a very good manager and his achievements shouldn't be knocked.

His record of been undefeated at home is superb.

Is correct.

He may be a complete cunt (the cunt I would love to have at Anfield) but not many managers have won titles in 3 different countries and 2 of those countries are very competitive.

As you say, his undefeated record at home is quite simply astonishing.

I laugh when people say "Well, why didn't he win the European cup with all that money".

Comfortably forgetting he won the big ears ONE YEAR before Rafa did!! And with a team that no one thought will win it.

I can understand supporting Rafa but I never get it when people dismiss Mourinho's achievements.

I laugh when people say "Well, why didn't he win the European cup with all that money".

Comfortably forgetting he won the big ears ONE YEAR before Rafa did!! And with a team that no one thought will win it.

I can understand supporting Rafa but I never get it when people dismiss Mourinho's achievements.

So given he won it with Porto why exactly has he been unable to reach the final in the 5 years since with what has been better sides?

So given he won it with Porto why exactly has he been unable to reach the final in the 5 years since with what has been better sides?

In the same way it took Bacon face until 1999 to reach the first final.

And then nearly another 10 years to reach another one.

Despite buying several expensive players and having so many players from the youth team.

And Wenger has just reached 1 final in, what 12 years?

Doesn't mean they are bad managers. Just shows how difficult it is.

How much money has Madrid spent in the last 5/6 years? How many managers? And how many finals have they reached in the last 5/6 years?

EDIT: Are you saying he was lucky to win it with Porto? If he was, so was Rafa in 2005.

He's the calibre of manager we should be looking for but let's leave the cock sucking till he's actually our manager. There's a good chance he'll be back at Chelsea or Man City or Norwich and we'll all hate him again.

If he comes to us, I won't start to suck his cock and start liking him in just 1 minute. I just won't hate him.

I think he is a cunt too, one massive self loving cunt. But he is a top football manager.

I don't have to like anyone personally. All I care about is how good a job anyone is doing professionally at the club.

Personally, I like Kuyt very much but I would get rid of him in a shot if someone offered £5m.

In the same way it took Bacon face until 1999 to reach the first final.

And then nearly another 10 years to reach another one.

Despite buying several expensive players and having so many players from the youth team.

And Wenger has just reached 1 final in, what 12 years?

Doesn't mean they are bad managers. Just shows how difficult it is.

How much money has Madrid spent in the last 5/6 years? How many managers? And how many finals have they reached in the last 5/6 years?

EDIT: Are you saying he was lucky to win it with Porto? If he was, so was Rafa in 2005.

No of course he wasn't lucky to win. I view both Porto and us winning it in the same level of achievement to be honest. They probably had a better side than us but I do class both in the same bracket.

The reason why neither Wenger nor Ferguson has achieved as much as they probably should have done in Europe is through a lack of understanding that tactics are required. The signings of Owen Hargreaves and the tactical awareness to go with 3 in the middle of the park made sure they got to their recent to finals.

I still maintain that they only signed Hargreaves cos of the way Mascherano dealt with Kaka in '07 and the way that they couldn't get anywhere near him.

Given Mourinho had near as damn it as much money as he wanted to spend at Chelsea I do think it can be classed as a bit of a failure that he never reached the final. Less so with Inter because there isn't a great deal of money in the Italian game. But I still feel he should have done better, especially given his record in domestic footie over that time.

No of course he wasn't lucky to win. I view both Porto and us winning it in the same level of achievement to be honest. They probably had a better side than us but I do class both in the same bracket.

The reason why neither Wenger nor Ferguson has achieved as much as they probably should have done in Europe is through a lack of understanding that tactics are required. The signings of Owen Hargreaves and the tactical awareness to go with 3 in the middle of the park made sure they got to their recent to finals.

I still maintain that they only signed Hargreaves cos of the way Mascherano dealt with Kaka in '07 and the way that they couldn't get anywhere near him.

Given Mourinho had near as damn it as much money as he wanted to spend at Chelsea I do think it can be classed as a bit of a failure that he never reached the final. Less so with Inter because there isn't a great deal of money in the Italian game. But I still feel he should have done better, especially given his record in domestic footie over that time.

Its not your fault - sadly, 95% of the fans see the game exactly like that these days. Everything gets linked with money. EVERYTHING.

And thanks for reminding me about 2007! :telloff:

Its not your fault - sadly, 95% of the fans see the game exactly like that these days. Everything gets linked with money. EVERYTHING.

And thanks for reminding me about 2007! :telloff:

Haha, sorry mate.

Thing is though, majority of the game is now based around money. Hence why it's now a business and not a sport. And also why you've got the club giving away seats to these bleedin' travel companies. It's all designed to get more money into the game.

Money is the reason why this league is getting more clubs to the later stages of the European Cup. It's also why the Italian league is struggling.

I can't wait for the day when the whole thing goes bust and we can move past it all but for now it's true.