You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If any SOS members read this..

alanricouk

pull your finger out and organise a march with the red knights after the United game.

Two of the biggest clubs in football history, ignoring their rivalries, to come together and protest against the American ownerships will have more media coverage than any crappy billboard poster will have (which looks like it was knocked up by some 14 year old in MSpaint by the way.)

Seriously, this march will be remembered for decades and it may even have some effect. More than what these posters are doing; i.e. nothing.

If SOS want to actually become useful, I 100% recommend you organise this. If it's too late for this season, then next season.

We must march together. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a press conference bewtween both sets of leaders would do it.

we sat down with the shite over the quarter surely we can sit down with them

Exactly. I doubt it very much they are all fucking idiots looking for a scrap. The more intellectuals will see the massive benefit in marching together for the media. Most could be behaved for a day; especially under police presence.

I hate them too much personally. They are the spawn of Satan and I hope their owners Fuck them all the way to administration/oblivion.

I'm going on Sunday and there's no way I'd march with them knowing we're outnumbered massively, could easily go off.

A march is deffo a big no no. If a press conference did happen, I can imagine it'd be similar to a Bush and Bin Laden press conference.

You just know it's gonna kick off..

Not a bad idea, but why would they bother? They're getting enough coverage and wouldn't want to help us.

Exactly. They're doin a much better job of adertising their shite situation and would tell us to fuck off, knowing that if we latched on to them it would benefit us more than them.

pull your finger out and organise a march with the red knights after the United game.

Two of the biggest clubs in football history, ignoring their rivalries, to come together and protest against the American ownerships will have more media coverage than any crappy billboard poster will have (which looks like it was knocked up by some 14 year old in MSpaint by the way.)

Seriously, this march will be remembered for decades and it may even have some effect. More than what these posters are doing; i.e. nothing.

If SOS want to actually become useful, I 100% recommend you organise this. If it's too late for this season, then next season.

You seem to have all these great ideas mate why don't you just join SOS and put them all foward yourself instead of moaning on here about what they should or should not be doing!

Or more effectively, the other 99% of the fanbase could get off their collective, apathetic backsides and actually try to get involved in getting the parasites out.

Why would the mancs want anything to do with us anyway? We sang USA at them. We got the welcome mats out to the yanks. We sit their moaning about Rafa, when they've got a major visual and vocal protest at every game.

This is a fight SOS can't do anything about, until our fans wake up.

This here is too good an opportunity not to to take. Next year they may have everything sorted, and we might be looking back at this opportunity missed.

Yes, we need them more than they need us. But we could use their coat tails to open up a big debate: raise awareness and get people on board!

Unless there are legitimate reasons I have not considered, it would be ridiculously small time not to use this opportunity when you weigh up what's at stake. Petty and pathetic.

Not a big love-in which could not be managed: it would go off.

But, as suggested by GRichards and others elsewhere on here, a joint press conference at which there could be an exchange of banners etc. which could be carefully choreographed and managed by SoS would receive massive coverage.

Above-the-line marketing (posters) - cost, big.

Below-the-line marketing (press conference) - cost, nothing.

Posters - reach, limited (although I love them).

Press conference - reach, national, probably global.

I like the posters. But a joint press conference or exchange of banners would get MUCH more publicity.

AND PUBLICITY IS WHAT THE CAUSE NEEDS!!!!!!

As I've said before, Step 1 is getting everyone on board. The mancs have achieved that. We haven't.

If anyone can give a legitimate and considered opinion as to why SoS shouldn't do this, I'd like to hear it.

NOTE: "I hate mancs" will not be classified as legitimate and considered.

Most mancs I know (I know, I know) view us in the same light on this subject as we view Everton over the groundshare.

They just think we can't organise our own protests well enough and are trying to jump onto their better financially backed bandwagon.

Wonder what they'd have been saying had we carried on from last season?

Most mancs I know (I know, I know) view us in the same light on this subject as we view Everton over the groundshare.

They just think we can't organise our own protests well enough and are trying to jump onto their better financially backed bandwagon.

Good, it's true. So what?

They would benefit from a joint protest and so would we.

Time is running out: less than a week. Come on powers that be!