You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There´s a massive misunderstanding going on among LFC fans

Jens

Houllier had a CV that didn´t even come close to Rafa´s. And it was obvious to everyone that Houllier didn´t have a plan. Fortunately I don´t think Rafa is as deluded.

Are you kidding? What is Rafa's plan. From where we are now how do you see us turning into a title winning team? If he has a plan it should be clear for all to see

We shouldn't be fighting for 6th place. No fucking progress at all. The guy has no clue and no plan

FFS, we don't even have any youth players knocking on the door except Pacheco maybe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier had a CV that didn´t even come close to Rafa´s. And it was obvious to everyone that Houllier didn´t have a plan. Fortunately I don´t think Rafa is as deluded.

I don't think Rafa has a plan either. The same way that I don't believe he was always working to playing Gerrard off a quality striker. He just wasn't. I do think he's slightly deluded if he believes his approach is going to going to win the league in this country.

His demise here is terminal, as I said months ago. The players have totally lost confidence in him. How many of them in their many interviews with the press have expressed any confidence in him?

if the players have that attitude then they need to be replaced. it's easier to find players than a good manager believe it or not

if the players have that attitude then they need to be replaced. it's easier to find players than a good manager believe it or not

See this is the argument i don't understand. Who buys, plays, coaches, selects and motivates the players? This is HIS team, the buck stops with the manager i'm afraid. Do you really think it's mitigation for the manager to turn around and say "Not my fault guv, their attitude stinks"

If we finish outside the top 4 then I want him gone....no excuses.

If we finish in the top four I am going netural as I think Rafa can move this foward next year but I wont be in the pro Rafa category as I have been in the past.

He has balls Rafa and I think if he comes back from this one then he will deserve another chance.

Sadly that aint the case.

The way it is now is clearly failing so....

a) Do you keep Rafa and change a lot of the players? (if so who chooses the new ones cos whoever chose them in the past was not very good at it)

b) Sack Rafa and let another manager (maybe with a more attacking mentality) have a go? - as the players are basically good players who are not performing at the best at present for whatever reason

c) Do nothing as there is no problem and in time Rafa with these players will come good.

I am not one who has criticised Rafa too much as I have a lot of time for him, but I honestly think (b) is the option now (to be done as soon as the season is over) - in some ways I am sad to say that as I think some of the players have let him down badly but to me it is clear that many of them are good players who are not performing at their right level and a new manager with different tactics would change that I am sure - and it would cost us less.

The big question is who is the best option for new manager!!

The players have lost all confidence in him, when that happens there is no alternative to getting rid of the manager. Every week our players are spouting off to the papers about how they have to turn it around, where are the comments from them relating to the manager?

Many of us lot have lost confidence in the players. But that don't mean we will no longer offer all the support that we can and stop singing until they are replaced. The players need to roll there sleeves up and sort themselves out, remember they are servants not gods and it is them who have let everyone else down this season.

To be fair the parallels between Ferguson and Rafa in the early days are striking. You had the initial success, followed by a lot of money spent, followed by a majorly disappointing season.

Rafa did, Ferguson didn't. He won the Cup after 4 years, League Cup after 5 and the league after 7. And 8. And 10....... ....... and 23.

Rafa won the European Cup after 1 year, FA Cup after 2, and we're still waiting.

Two totally different starts to careers. Show me the parallels.

(You may be talking of Ferguson's managerial start in Scotland. But then you're not comparing like with like. Their careers are totally different.)

Rafa did, Ferguson didn't. He won the Cup after 4 years, League Cup after 5 and the league after 7. And 8. And 10....... ....... and 23.

Rafa won the European Cup after 1 year, FA Cup after 2, and we're still waiting.

Two totally different starts to careers. Show me the parallels.

(You may be talking of Ferguson's managerial start in Scotland. But then you're not comparing like with like. Their careers are totally different.)

Was thinking more in the terms of league position to be honest. They'd nearly been relegated under Atkinson and then in Ferguson's second season he'd taken them to 2nd, then it all went tits-up again.

Both managers had success with a previous club, had pedigree as giant killers who's broken the dominance of an axis in their own country, both inherited a dysfunctional club with some promising players, both looked like turning things around early on, but then floundered badly.

There was a potentially very illuminating stat which they mentioned on Sky's Spanish coverage last night but neglected to follow thru.

The richest club in Spain over the last 25 years is RM

The richest in the UK has been the Mancs.

The richest in Europe is very often 1 of the 2 of them, depending on such things as FX rates which are outside football's control.

The Mancs have had 1 manager in that period, supposedly the greatest of all time if you read the UK media.

RM have dysfunctionally had 24 different bosses.

Yet the actual outcome is almost identical

The Mancs have 11 titles & 2 CL, RM 10 & 3.

That the outcome can be so similar when the approach to manager is so completely opposite (indeed everyone in the UK would say that the Manc approach was unbeatable in that they stuck with the best out there whilst the RM was the worst) should suggest that way too much weight is placed on the boss in the UK.

It was true 40-50 years ago when there was relative spending equality, much less infomation so a gem could be plucked from the lower leagues & players could be held on cheap contracts so any value-discovery wasn't immediatedly removed by agents.

Increasingly i think that the world has changed & the relevance is very small compared to all the other factors.

(Sky won't cover this as it reduces their "personality view" & people can keep squabbling over something that doesn't really matter & ignore the real state of modern football)

A manager that is as passionate about the team as we are and shows it. A manager who gets angry when we lose and actually smiles when we score. Someone in tune with the red passion.

If ever a post summed up the Sky generation this is it.

His demise here is terminal, as I said months ago. The players have totally lost confidence in him. How many of them in their many interviews with the press have expressed any confidence in him?

How many times has that been said?

Players? Mascherano, Reina, Torres, Didi, Sami. Shall I go on?

A manager that is as passionate about the team as we are and shows it. A manager who gets angry when we lose and actually smiles when we score. Someone in tune with the red passion.

excuse me, say WHAT?

"Rafa out cos he doesnt smile when we score" strikes me as a poor reason to want a new manager.

Last year wasn't an improvement? :whoops:

If it was an improvement we would have won it. And don't forget we got lucky last year, very lucky in many games that we won when we shouldn't have.

So no we didn't improve overall. Only thing that improved was our final position in the table and nobody remembers 2nd place.

Guest Pistonbroke
Every time I type that Rafa should be given more time, members on this board reply with a "Who do you support, Benitez or Liverpool Football Club!?".

Let´s just straighten out what seems to be a massive misunderstanding. When I say that I want to give Benitez more time it is because I think that´s what´s best for my club, not for Rafa Benitez. He could do a lot better elsewhere I´m sure. It´s not about that.

It´s about that I think we would struggle to find a manager this good again. You can say all you want about his record here but the facts are there: the guy´s a winner. Just have a look at his CV.

I also reckon it comes a time when a manager has to go for the better of the club. Having brought us forward on a season-by season basis up until this one, I do think Rafa has more to offer to this club. Let´s also not forget that sticking with a manager is the best way to build a great side, just ask any Arsenal or Man Utd supporter. :whistle:

Can you guarantee this ? Of course you can't.

CV's mean fuck all if you aren't performing to the standards which got you that glowing CV in the first place: It's the same in any walk of life.

Rafa takes no risks

Rafa wont allow some of the better youngsters to develop in the first team

He'd rather play players out of position instead

If you said white Rafa would say black

he's too overly stubborn

He doesnt utilise the more creative players

He worries about opposition too much

That is why he fails

If it was an improvement we would have won it. And don't forget we got lucky last year, very lucky in many games that we won when we shouldn't have.

So no we didn't improve overall. Only thing that improved was our final position in the table and nobody remembers 2nd place.

So, what youre saying is, it was an improvment but without any actual improving?