You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A German manager, the way forward?

Code

Guest Pistonbroke
In fairness to Code, I've got a mate in Germany and he told me that Low's got a big reputation there for being very tactically competant. He took Stuttgart to a European final while he was there and that was his first managerial job. The general consensus is that Kilnsmann was more of a figurehead and Low was the man with the plan for the German team, which is how come he was promoted to manager of the national team on the back of relatively little club management experience. His results since then seem to back that up as well.

I live in Germany and the general consensus is pretty well split down the middle regards who masterminded the 2006 German World Cup team. Plus many are of my own opinion that the German team underachieved in that tournament apart from the victory against Argentina. The German team have never failed to get to a quarter final of a World Cup since 1938 and they have a depth of talent to call upon. Bit different now and the amount of none German players is evident that the Bundesliga is suffering the same as the premier league in that aspect. I still believe he is overrated and has achieved little at club level. The Stuttgart team he inherited was heralded as a pretty good one and he did well enough in winning the DFB pokal and getting to the cup winners final but underachieved in the league and was sacked.

Second time today I agree with everything Code wrote. Germany play excellent football, Loew has been by far the most impressive manager in the World Cup. His way of playing is that of future, and I'd love to have him on a long term contract to get the whole club, from youth teams to 1st team, playing according to his philosophy.

loew.jpg

"Rafa would only have dreamed of this mop. It takes time to perfect this style, lads..."

Volksgemeinschaft.

Bam Bam has a class hairdo there too. Am sure I remember him from Inter, great player.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Guest PurpleNose

Bam Bam has a class hairdo there too. Am sure I remember him from Inter, great player.

Chileans, in general, have quite sexual hair.

Just something I have been thinking about lately.

I cant think of any German managers having had the opportunity at the highest level in English football before, but maybe this coyuld be the way forward for us.

When I think about managers I would put on my shortlist as replacements for Rafa funnily enough a lot of German managers pops up.

Lets look at some of my candidates, I`m sorry I dont have much time now so I will add details later unless the discussion brings their managerial records into the frame before that.

In no particular order.

1. Joachim Low - Germany

joachim_low.jpg

2. Jupp Heynckes - Bayer Leverkusen

461571492-jupp-heynckes.9.jpg

3. Ottmar Hitzfeld - Switzerland

hitzfeld_zeigt_468345.jpg

4. Felix Magath - Schalke 04

magath_zeigt_468x345.jpg

5. Thomas Schaaf - Werder Bremen

HBLbSICX_Pxgen_r_467xA.jpg

Tom Hicks seemed to think so anyway...

Every time I see this thread title it still baffles me by its sheer fucking stupidity.

We don't need a German manager. Or an English, Spanish, French or Martian one. We need a good manager.

(But first, of course, we need to cure the two diseases.)

Well your obviously not used to thinking outside the box are you.

Germany is one of the great football nations both when it comes to club and national football.

The clubs in the PL have and still are crowded with foreign managers from countries like France, Spain, Italy, Holland etc, but a top German coach have never really been given the chance even if there are a few absolute superb candidates out there.

Bundesliga is probably the most "healthy" league in Europe right now and the we see more and more exciting football from the German teams combined with a winning culture and dicipline.

Germany as a football super power have had its downs but are now back on the top level both with the national team and club football.

The produce talented young players and they give them a chance you can see this in the current german team and if you look at youth football its even more impressive.

Germany are currently defending European U-21 champions, U-19 champions and U-17 champions.

Maybe a German coach could bring with him some of the ideas they use in Germany when it comes to youth football and implent them at the acadamy to bring through a few local kids instead of just searching through Europe for whatever half average talent there is out there.

Every time I see comment like the one you started your post with it baffles me by its sheer stupidity and ignorance, but there are always hope.

So have a read here and you might change your tune, not that it should be needed, the suggestions I posted are more than good enough just by their name and credentials, not these other positives they might bring with them.

DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V. - *Talent promotion at peak