You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A German manager, the way forward?

Code

Just something I have been thinking about lately.

I cant think of any German managers having had the opportunity at the highest level in English football before, but maybe this coyuld be the way forward for us.

When I think about managers I would put on my shortlist as replacements for Rafa funnily enough a lot of German managers pops up.

Lets look at some of my candidates, I`m sorry I dont have much time now so I will add details later unless the discussion brings their managerial records into the frame before that.

In no particular order.

1. Joachim Low - Germany

joachim_low.jpg

2. Jupp Heynckes - Bayer Leverkusen

461571492-jupp-heynckes.9.jpg

3. Ottmar Hitzfeld - Switzerland

hitzfeld_zeigt_468345.jpg

4. Felix Magath - Schalke 04

magath_zeigt_468x345.jpg

5. Thomas Schaaf - Werder Bremen

HBLbSICX_Pxgen_r_467xA.jpg

• Upvote 3

I cant think of any German managers having had the opportunity at the highest level in English football before, but maybe this coyuld be the way forward for us.

When I think about managers I would put on my shortlist as replacements for Rafa funnily enough a lot of German managers pops up.

Lets look at some of my candidates, I`m sorry I dont have much time now so I will add details later unless the discussion brings their managerial records into the frame before that.

In no particular order.

1. Joachim Low - Germany

joachim_low.jpg

Scarf

Too old

Too old

magath_zeigt_468x345.jpg

Scarf

I like him.

I thought Heynckes was Dutch.

Magath looks funny but I think he is class....

Also Matthaus has done a great job with Partizan and Hungarian national team.... :wallbutt::wallbutt::eek: Best evidence that not all world class players can be good managers.

In no particular order.

1. Joachim Low - Germany

joachim_low.jpg

Shite.

Decent.

Shite.

magath_zeigt_468x345.jpg

Shite.

Not bad.

Fixed it for you.

I think we would do well to look at Magath ....but not sure if he speaks English which could be a big problem

Magath won the League & Cup double two seasons running with Bayern - was sacked in January 2007 cos Bayern were only 4th (and through to second stage of Champions League).

Moved onto unfancied Wolfsberg who he got into a CL place in his first season and then won the League with them in his second season.

He has since moved on to Schalke 04 who are currently second in the Bundesliga - he has a good record of sucess although his teams tend to work hard and rely on fitness and teamwork rather than flair (but I'd take a League title from any type of football please !)

Personally I would consider Magath but the question is would he want to come to our club given the chaos its in just now ?

I like Joachim Low. I like his scarf, I like the fact that he looks more like the Director of a low-budget art house movie than he does a football manager, I like his crisp white shirts, I like the way the German national team play, and last but not least, I like the fact that with him at the helm, the backpage headlines would be a dream.

I like him.