You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tomkins latest effort.

Juan Galonso

@paul_tomkins Torres was playing awful all game v Villa in Dec and scored in the last minute? He can pull rabbits out of hats, Ngog can't. Can't wait for my reply, to be published in the form of a 6 part book series.

The greatest thing Tweeter ever did was limit the number of characters per tweet.

I did like this particular tweet from him:-

'Forwarding a Henry Winter tweet to me is like posting a shit through my door. Please, don't do it.'

Brilliant. The man has a sense of humour.

Thought Winter is a cunt, Tomkin's is only upset with him because he posted some critical stuff of Rafa there awhile back. Before that he was one of his favourite journo's.

• 4 months later...
I'll tell you much, when it goes tits up at the San Siro, Rafa will surely miss his propaganda skills.

Why "when"?

I doubt they'll repeat the success of last year, but I also doubt it will go "tits up" either.

I'll tell you much, when it goes tits up at the San Siro, Rafa will surely miss his propaganda skills.

I heard on newstalks sports show tonight, apparently Inters owners are struggling financially and theres not going to be alot of money available.

So he may have walked away from a team with no money expecting to manage a team with lots of money. But he actually might have fuck all. Hes bound to lose the plot eventually.

Edit: He might have last year actually.

Why "when"?

I doubt they'll repeat the success of last year, but I also doubt it will go "tits up" either.

He'll have some initial success but whenever it's his squad, it will implode badly. The fans also wont like losing their home record soon. Inter also won't dominate the financial game in Italy for long.

I personally hate that club and can't stand the corrupt bastards. So can't wait for it to happen.

Actually yes exactly like Valencia. Rafa is a great coach, a world class one even. He's fucking absolute dirt at spotting a player though.

Mongs? Yes child righteo

Took over in 2001.

Won La Liga.

Won La Liga and the UEFA Cup.

Surely after 3 years he could lay claim to it being his squad.

I'd say Reina and you'd say not a difficult spot to make.

I'd say Alonso and you'd say not a difficult spot to make.

etc. etc. etc.

Token mong.

I think he'll win the league this year. I'd say they'll make a good stab at the CL again too. His success depends on investment because that Inter squad has alot of players pushing on in years. Eto'o, Lucio, Maicon, Cambiasso, Samuel, Cordoba, Zanetti, Burdisso, Materazzi, Chivu, Mancini. There all nearly 30 or more. Rafa will get another 2/3 good years out of them. He'll need to be planning for the future and If they have no money he wont be able to replace all those players with top quality.

Edit: They have some good young players there, but not enough I think. They'll need investment.

Actually yes exactly like Valencia. Rafa is a great coach, a world class one even. He's fucking absolute dirt at spotting a player though.

Mongs? Yes child righteo

The same man who left us with a spine that included Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Masch and Torres. Who signed Xabi Alonso, Dirk Kuyt, Arbeloa, Crouch, Luis Garcia, Benayoun, Sissoko amongst others from relative obscurity.

Who was in for Dani Alves way before Barca, Pato, Aguero, Vidic and more before being stopped by Coco and the gruesome twosome.

He made some poor decisions in the last 2 seasons in high pressure situations, The Barry Alonso fiasco I will almost allow because Alonso was in poor form, Barry in great form and Barry would have been an adequate signing.