You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tomkins latest effort.

Juan Galonso

Guest PurpleNose
He might not have won trophies but he has done more, he saved a club from relegation and got them to the UEFA Cup final. Why can't anyone see what an immense achievement that is?

Rafa's biggest achievement came with a squad left to him by Houllier with 2 added pieces.

Find it very difficult to compare Benitez and Hodgson.

They've managed at different ends of the scale. Hodgson has done great work saving a club from relegation, improving fairly poor European nations, and winning trophies in fairly poor leagues.

Benitez has won league titles in one the best leagues in Europe, and won both major European trophies.

They've both done well. But I think its slightly telling that Benitez' last three jobs have been Valencia, Liverpool and Inter Milan.

Why do big clubs, in major leagues, appoint him?

Find it very difficult to compare Benitez and Hodgson.

Why do big clubs, in major leagues, appoint him?

Nail on the head.

We removed him for Roy Hodgson. Why didn't Moratti move for Hodsgon instead of Benitez?

Why has hodgson never won a major trophy. He's achieved more with less than Rafa? WrongIslander, please, do fuck off. You're a tard, how has Roy achieved more than Rafa's 2 La Ligas, Champions League, UEFA Cup and FA Cup. He hasn't won a single trophy that compares to any of those.

It's a calamity disaster of an appointment. For your Glen Johnson, I give you Arbeloa, for your Aquilani I give you Alonso, for your Keane I give you Torres.

Kevin Davies anyone? Roy took Blackburn in a similar situation to us and got them relegated.

Brilliant fans we have here getting on the manager's back after two games of the season yet they were the same fans who were content with a manger who failed for three years and dropped plenty of points due to his crazy decisions.

Keep it up guys.

I'm pretty new on here and don't really want to get into a row but almost evry post I see from you is slagging of Benitez in some way. Did he refuse to sign an autograph for you at some point?

Nail on the head.

We removed him for Roy Hodgson. Why didn't Moratti move for Hodsgon instead of Benitez?

Why has hodgson never won a major trophy. He's achieved more with less than Rafa? WrongIslander, please, do fuck off. You're a tard, how has Roy achieved more than Rafa's 2 La Ligas, Champions League, UEFA Cup and FA Cup. He hasn't won a single trophy that compares to any of those.

It's a calamity disaster of an appointment. For your Glen Johnson, I give you Arbeloa, for your Aquilani I give you Alonso, for your Keane I give you Torres.

Kevin Davies anyone? Roy took Blackburn in a similar situation to us and got them relegated.

Thats why its all so depressing. The best we can hope for with roy is top 4. Hes a lovely bloke but really doesn't have what it takes to win major honours and the people that employed him know that.

Nail on the head.

So now who Morrati signs as manager is the be all and end all ?

Quick get Verdelli, Mancini and Zacheroni on the phone!

Are you so simple that you can't understand that Rafa won trophies at BIGGER CLUBS than Fulham with MORE MONEY?

Hodgson took Inter from 6th (same kind of shit morale we have now) to 7th to THIRD in 2 seasons and the UEFA Cup final. He was wrongly sacked despite the improvement and replaced by an Italian who kept the same team and won the UEFA Cup the next season. Roy's Inter lost it ON PENS. You know the same way we won the CL on PENS, that lottery.

The best players Rafa had in Valencia were given to him by Hector Cuper before he left. Ayala, Albelda, Canizares, Baraja, Vicente and he even had Mendieta to sell. Rafa inherited a team that had been to TWO Champions League finals, still had the players that had been there and were ready to go to the next level with the right moves. We're not talking a team that had been there twice 5 years ago and 3 years ago we are talking about a team that lost in back to back finals on PENS.

You are giving me players that Rafa had the money to spend on and for all that I give you Poulson and Joe Cole for 5m because that's what Roy's had to spend you tit.

Blackburn were in a similar position as us were they? Fuck me, if you had a brain you'd be dangerous.

Yeah Blackburn were in a similar position for us, Roy never finished 3rd with Inter and both times he inherited a class side and screwed up compared to Rafa who didn't after Hector Cuper.

Fulham were a top 10 team and Roy finished below that standard last year, Roy may have money but doesn't know any players above Fulham's level and doesn't know his own budget and so on. Naive honest man.

Yeah Blackburn were in a similar position for us, Roy never finished 3rd with Inter and both times he inherited a class side and screwed up compared to Rafa who didn't after Hector Cuper.

Fulham were a top 10 team and Roy finished below that standard last year, Roy may have money but doesn't know any players above Fulham's level and doesn't know his own budget and so on. Naive honest man.

96-97 under the guidance of Roy Hodgson Inter Milan finished third and lost the UEFA Cup to Schalke on pens.

Blackburn were nothing like in the position we are now. I don't know how you can even begin to say that. Hodgson bought well as well. Davies didn't work out but he has since proven to be an important player, Sutton and Henchoz were quality buys.

Fulham were a top 10 team? They were the worst team in the league when Roy took over! He used what little money he had brilliantly and completely turned them from a team that were going to the Championship to a team that would go on to compete in the UEFA Cup.

All of that is fact and yet you continue to ignore it and have the audacity to tell me I'm naive.

Roy doesn't know any players above Fulham's level? Well he managed to sign Hangelaand who's better than any defender Rafa has signed for a kick off and he did that on a budget of half a curly wurly.

Of course Roy knows players above Fulham's level he just CAN'T AFFORD them.

96-97 under the guidance of Roy Hodgson Inter Milan finished third and lost the UEFA Cup to Schalke on pens.

Blackburn were nothing like in the position we are now. I don't know how you can even begin to say that. Hodgson bought well as well. Davies didn't work out but he has since proven to be an important player, Sutton and Henchoz were quality buys.

Fulham were a top 10 team? They were the worst team in the league when Roy took over! He used what little money he had brilliantly and completely turned them from a team that were going to the Championship to a team that would go on to compete in the UEFA Cup.

All of that is fact and yet you continue to ignore it and have the audacity to tell me I'm naive.

Roy doesn't know any players above Fulham's level? Well he managed to sign Hangelaand who's better than any defender Rafa has signed for a kick off and he did that on a budget of half a curly wurly.

He didn't buy Sutton. He bought Nathan Blake for about the same price Kenny paid for Sutton..

He was a disaater at Blackburn when he had big money to spend.

He done a good job at Fulham to finsh 7th one year and get to UEFA Final in his next. And done well at Scandanavian clubs.

He didn't have a good enough record to get the Liverpool job, though.

Er Hangeland, better than Agger, Skrtl? Not really it's easy to be a big fish in a small pond, he's completely unproven at the top level the other two have been playing at. Roy has never come out and said he couldn't afford anyone, you made it up.

As for Fulham being the worst team in the league, er not by a longshot mate, that's why they weren't relegated the year before, he would have got Blackburn relegated and they are probably the best comparison I can think of to where we are now a good team on the slide who just need a good enough manager to work with the players and compete at the same level again but sadly lacking due to a bad appointment, come back when Roy has won us the league mate, that's in real life and teach me a lesson. Remember that man sat in the stands and what he did with virtually the same Blackburn team, that man Rafa brought back can't recall his name now, was sat next to that legend Purslow the other day while we were getting Naseem Hammered by Man City FFS!

Fulham relegated, haha, he got them a UEFA cup final, get over it mate, its all he's had to shout about for the past 30 years and if you think it's good enough to bring up one season wonders for LFC who are not even operating anywhere near at the top level and have a solid track record of failing at it and making bad signings then you really don't get it.