You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lille home game a chance to turn things around

Jens

BUT if he is so aware of what the fans want why is he still playing Lucas?

why is not letting the players 'ff the leash' as he did last year?

cos there is too much at risk for him on a personal level - that's why

Rafa is all about looking after no.1 - people seem to think that he subverting the owners from the inside or something - i think that's a load of bollocks

he's being £6m a year - has complete control over EVERYTHING

he knows he is onto a great thing here and he doesn't want it to end

Ok, first of all, he's playing Lucas because he feels Aquilani isn't up to speed and we need the solidity first and foremost. He's pretty much spelled that out in recent interviews. I don't agree, I think we need that creativity in the centre of the pitch, but I can understand the rationale behind it.

It's impossible to let the players off the leash when they're so clearly lacking in confidence. If there is too much at risk for him personally to do so this season, why was there not last season?

He doesn't have complete control over everything. Recently posted was Hicks' quotes about the new deal Rafa signed. It does not say Rafa is now in charge of everything. Please read them. And calm down.

Of course he is on to a great thing, from one point of view. If I was manager of Liverpool, I wouldn't want it to end.

think some people would be better off creating a i want to suck rafa off thread.

beating lille will create a buzz, it'll be the most important game since athens. ffs

the only thing that rafa can do on the pitch that might provide a glimmer of hope is starting without lucas and kuyt but we all know he will never do this.

Ok, first of all, he's playing Lucas because he feels Aquilani isn't up to speed and we need the solidity first and foremost. He's pretty much spelled that out in recent interviews. I don't agree, I think we need that creativity in the centre of the pitch, but I can understand the rationale behind it.

It's impossible to let the players off the leash when they're so clearly lacking in confidence. If there is too much at risk for him personally to do so this season, why was there not last season?

He doesn't have complete control over everything. Recently posted was Hicks' quotes about the new deal Rafa signed. It does not say Rafa is now in charge of everything. Please read them. And calm down.

Of course he is on to a great thing, from one point of view. If I was manager of Liverpool, I wouldn't want it to end.

1. this 'rationale' is Benitez to a 't': safety first - however safety first does not win you the premier league

2. because the worst that could happen is that we finished 2nd and the best that could happen was that we actually managed to make up the 7 points diff we blew over the Mancs and win the league (we lost)

3. the only thing that riles me is unconditional support of Benitez when his faults are there for all to see

re: his contract - i'd be fucking well happy if i was the highest paid manager in the league also

1. this 'rationale' is Benitez to a 't': safety first - however safety first does not win you the premier league

2. because the worst that could happen is that we finished 2nd and the best that could happen was that we actually managed to make up the 7 points diff we blew over the Mancs and win the league (we lost)

3. the only thing that riles me is unconditional support of Benitez when his faults are there for all to see

re: his contract - i'd be fucking well happy if i was the highest paid manager in the league also

He's not the highest paid manager in the league. Don't make up stuff to back up your point; for that is the way of the Rash.

Believe it or not, people have different opinions, and some people still back Rafa. It's not the worst thing in the world and they're not cunts as a result. That doesn't mean that they can't see his faults, agree with everything he does or offer him unconditional support. No-one bar Paul Tompkins is going to argue he's done a bang-up job this season, for example.

He's not the highest paid manager in the league. Don't make up stuff to back up your point; for that is the way of the Rash.

Believe it or not, people have different opinions, and some people still back Rafa. It's not the worst thing in the world and they're not cunts as a result. That doesn't mean that they can't see his faults, agree with everything he does or offer him unconditional support. No-one bar Paul Tompkins is going to argue he's done a bang-up job this season, for example.

are you sure?

where have i said they are?

Benitez on the other hand....

we'll perform against the mancs as we normally do(win, lose or draw) mainly because rafa's job will be done for him in terms of motivating the players. all the players will be up for the mancs because its the mancs.

thats not really the point though is it? rafa , as manager of our club, is to get the players up for every single fucking game. just as taggart does when the mancs regularly stuff opposition they should be beating every week. this is a fundemental part of rafa's job and something that he's clearly not up to at the moment.

for those of you who disagree. can someone tell me exactly what our manager is doing to improve this situation. he's not doing his job and neither are the backroom staff that HE employed. rafa's comments on body language prior to the Lille game had no effect whatsoever. gerrard and torres were clearly shaking their head and pointing the finger again. (even dirk was doing it, the f*cking nerve!)

the issue we have is a complete refusal or inability from rafa to react to situations and games as they develop. its almost as if he visualises how each game is going to pan out in minute detail before every game. when things start to go tits up he simply doesnt have a plan b or have the bottle to try something new. he persists with zonal marking, he persists with playing lucas and masch in central mid, he persists with insua who looks completely out of his depth.

as a manager your ability to react is how you earn your money and he has a look of someone who is completely devoid of any new ideas at the moment.

DO YOUR JOB and if you can't then walk away.

The best we can hope for now is to achieve the best failure we can. Scraping into fourth would still be a failure - we should have been pushing for the title. Winning the Europa League would still be a failure - we should have been in the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Our season is so far past turning points and kick starts it's a joke. All we can hope for now is that it doesn't turn out to be an utter disaster, but sadly that's what it's looking like.

Still, Rafa has promised a come back and that's all that matter to me!

Ahem.

The defeat against the French could be a blessing in disguise for this club.

If we turn things around and go through to the next round, there will be a buzz around the club again.

This could be the most important game of Rafa´s since we lost to Milan in Athens.

You sir, are a twat