You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you boycott the match if needed?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott the match if needed?

• I am a Season ticket holder and will Boycott.
    • I am a Season ticket holder and will not Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will still go.
    • I wouldn't be going anyway.

Would it be a good idea to chant for a specific amount of time and then leave?

If theres a decent amount of people sat near each other, chanting we walk out til the yanks are out or something like that, would be pretty effective, especially being a monday game, on tv, lower attendance already, nice and quiet part in the game a load of people stand up chanting and walking out would get noticed.

I would make it sooner too give it more oomph. Maybe fifteen minutes in, twenty at the most.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie, if we chant at the start then it gets shouted down. There's not enough of us to keep it going.

Gav, good idea, maybe get them to keep it on the quiet though as if they advocate it it could be against their agreement, and there's less chance of it going smoothly if it's completely out in the open (I suppose it is now anyway)

Don't buy them. If any are already bought then we can just not go in. Unless people think a walk out on 25 minutes would be better?

I think a walk out might be better for this game.

A boycott would be ideal, but I'm not sure there would be enough people behind it. I think plently who are not as aware about cancer and aids would go if tickets are available.

But if people against H&G go to the game and walk out, people would notice (even if they are unaware of the situation), and more and more would join in if enough do it and make people aware beforehand. It would be easily picked up by the TV cameras, and it would get more people onboard with the protests.

Another possibility would be to buy tickets and go the the game. Considering not many people seem to be behind it (or aware of it), I don't think this would work as well, a few empty seets isn't going to get much media attention. It wouldn't really suprise anyone to see empty seets at a dead-rubber game on a monday night anyway.

The big advantage of the walk out is the visual affect it will have, both on TV and to fans around the ground, it would get people who are otherwise oblivious to join in.

In the future, a boycott without buying tickets is the best option. I just don't think it will work that well right now. A more visual protest will make people aware, so that a future boycott would be more effective.

So are you walking out? That would be a lot better, and would almost definitely get the cameras panning to the areas that people are walking out from during the match, instead of a few gaps here and there in the crowd. Also, that facebook group is saying not to buy a ticket if you're not a season ticket holder, but if there's a walkout surely it'd be better to buy a ticket and be one of those walking out? Yeah it's money spent for 15 mins in one way, but in another it might be money well spent if it means you're one of those walking out and helping to get coverage of it, instead of someone else buying your ticket and just sitting through it.

Are SOS speaking about this yet? If G&H are messing around and stalling with a bidder that could actually buy the club, something like this could finally decide it for them.

So are you walking out? That would be a lot better, and would almost definitely get the cameras panning to the areas that people are walking out from during the match, instead of a few gaps here and there in the crowd. Also, that facebook group is saying not to buy a ticket if you're not a season ticket holder, but if there's a walkout surely it'd be better to buy a ticket and be one of those walking out? Yeah it's money spent for 15 mins in one way, but in another it might be money well spent if it means you're one of those walking out and helping to get coverage of it, instead of someone else buying your ticket and just sitting through it.

Are SOS speaking about this yet? If G&H are messing around and stalling with a bidder that could actually buy the club, something like this could finally decide it for them.

Looks like walking out on 20 minutes will be a good plan.

What if they score early and everyone starts walking out?

It can be countered by having several of the leavers holding up anti G&H flags/leaflets or something. Or as many as possible anyway. Then it'll be obvious to anyone with half a brain why they're actually leaving.

It can be countered by having several of the leavers holding up anti G&H flags/leaflets or something. Or as many as possible anyway. Then it'll be obvious to anyone with half a brain why they're actually leaving.

Something like that needs to happen, just incase. Even though anyone who has a clue about what's going on will understand what's going on, we don't want to media twist things and portray it as some sort of protest against Rafa and the team.

I'm not expecting anything today with it being the day it is, but tomorrow, surely someone from SOS can say if they're planning on helping with this. If they move on it tomorrow there'll then be over 48 hours for as many people as possible to be told about it, and possibly even leaflets handed out mentioning what's happening around the ground before the game?

It's times like this I loathe not being in Liverpool, would love to help out with something like this.

I'm not expecting anything today with it being the day it is, but tomorrow, surely someone from SOS can say if they're planning on helping with this. If they move on it tomorrow there'll then be over 48 hours for as many people as possible to be told about it, and possibly even leaflets handed out mentioning what's happening around the ground before the game?

It's times like this I loathe not being in Liverpool, would love to help out with something like this.

I'm Emailing SoS later tonight, also now Emailed ESPN, Sky Sports, Chris Bascombe, David Maddock, Dom King, Henry Winter, Oli Kay and Rory Smith.

I'm Emailing SoS later tonight, also now Emailed ESPN, Sky Sports, Chris Bascombe, David Maddock, Dom King, Henry Winter, Oli Kay and Rory Smith.

Brilliant, it's very likely SOS will see this thread and post anyway though, but great with the rest. Have linked this thread on RAWK aswell, would've made a thread about it but I don't have enough posts.