You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you boycott the match if needed?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott the match if needed?

• I am a Season ticket holder and will Boycott.
    • I am a Season ticket holder and will not Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will still go.
    • I wouldn't be going anyway.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best way to go about it, would be for supporters to walk out on the 15 minute mark, It really would get full exposure, especially the section in the Kop. We all know a boycott is not going to happen, so its time for people to put up or shut up.

I will walk out from my seat and so will my lad, how many others will? 5,000? would make a bigger statement in my eyes.

Probably the best we can hope for. To get the ball rolling at least.

Well I'm definately not going. Shame this wasn't put out to a wider fanbase, it was picked up on the est1982 and lfconline sites, but they're a bunch of negative fuckers.

I've missed two games all season including cups, and badly want to go, but I'm not buying a ticket. So I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face? If this at least makes people think about really getting it going for a Monday night game or league cup game EARLY next season then it has been worth it.

Really it needed to be done before the RBS deadline for investment, but LFC fans these days are just as bad as all the rest.

According to the LFC website tickets are on sale on Monday. Even if it doesn't get highlighted anywhere, if LFC fans at least discuss it around the city and at the matches, then common thinking can build it into something bigger next season. Even a few determined people can get the ball rolling.

if you're a ST holder at the match then protest like crazy, and if anyone shouts you down tell them to fuck off, they'll probably chant 'Liverpool' for all of two seconds and then go silent like they have been all season. Protest like mad and that'll get more momentum going.

DON'T BUY A TICKET!

Don't know why people would still be opposed to a boycott, its a dead rubber game, so more attractive to boycott than a pre-season friendly.

If people are still in delusions that the Yanks aren't holding the club back then they're livin on a completely different planet.

I'm not goin, and if they're still here next season, I'm gonna pick another favourable game to boycott next season aswell.

I wont be boycotting the game.

It doesnt make a difference to me but you only have to see the figures in this poll to see the effect wont be noticed. 47 people who actually claim to go say they wont be going. Its like a flea hitting a 100mph express train.

But, I think benitez is doing a wonderful job of making it easier for people to boycott it.

I wont be boycotting the game.

It doesnt make a difference to me but you only have to see the figures in this poll to see the effect wont be noticed. 47 people who actually claim to go say they wont be going. Its like a flea hitting a 100mph express train.

But, I think benitez is doing a wonderful job of making it easier for people to boycott it.

Look at the figures as a percentage though. 82%of those who go will boycott. If we can even get half of that figure then it will be a massive achievement.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PurpleNose
Walking out on half an hour would mean that they knew the stadium was empty for a reason, not just because of people not being bothered.

A monday night ESPN is the perfect place to start as there will be less people making the journey but also it's on the tv.

I think this is a better idea.

Otherwise I can see ESPN missing the point.