You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you boycott the match if needed?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott the match if needed?

• I am a Season ticket holder and will Boycott.
    • I am a Season ticket holder and will not Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will still go.
    • I wouldn't be going anyway.

I'm a ST holder but will boycott the game if it helps put pressure on those cunts. I also think we should start with the anti-Yanks chants during the games again. Who cares if it puts the players off? They've been shite all season and can hardly get worse just because 10,000 people are singing 'you lying bastards, get out of our club'.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a season ticket holder but can get my hands on a ticket quite readily. I haven't been for 2 years and will not be going again while the current regime is in charge. Would definately have boycotted this but am currently participating in my own boycott anyway.

I'm a ST holder but will boycott the game if it helps put pressure on those cunts. I also think we should start with the anti-Yanks chants during the games again. Who cares if it puts the players off? They've been shite all season and can hardly get worse just because 10,000 people are singing 'you lying bastards, get out of our club'.

Agree 100% this is what is needed from now untill theyve gone.

GREEDY LYING BASTERDS,

D L C dirty lying cunts.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Contacted SoS about it, and they said that while they don't think it will be worth it, because:

1. Only a minority would do it, and

2. Any tickets unsold would be snapped up,

I told them that we have nearly two weeks to get it out into the forums, facebook and the press, and that I don't think the game wil sell out, so 2000 tickets unsold would be just that. He then said that he'll try and get the idea out and guage the amount of the people that would be willing to boycott.

Just seen this. It's the same line, without any survey or other information to back it up, that they've been trotting out since their inception. Unless they get their full weight behind it and teams that picket and lock gates and all that, then no major impact will be made.

It's all very well putting up billboards to 'let them know they are not welcome', but a boycott, starting with one match and spreading across all games, will make their business plan crumble. Personally, I think that if the owners are not out by the summer, there should be a complete and utter boycott of the games and merchandise. It would give the organizers of the boycott the entire summer to advertise and organize ways to stop matches from going ahead.

They also need somebody who is well versed in rhetoric and propaganda. That's the key to boycotts.

Guest TesticleOReilly
As for the WHU game, it's usually the one league game I make sure I don't miss (what, with my missus being an 'Ammer and all) so this would've been a bit of personal dilemma for me.

This isn't having a go at you, AoT, it's just an example, you've just said what a lot of people do. There is no dilemma. A protest consists of personal sacrifice, the protest itself is a sign, public or otherwise, that the person engaging in it is prepared to suffer themselves for the greater good of the many.

What good do 76,000 Mancs do in Old Trafford by waving a few scarves? There's still 76,000 in the stadium! 76,000 tickets sold, 76,000 burgers and sarnies bought, 76,000 drinks sold, nothing has changed.

As for SoS, what the fuck has it got to do with them? I don't ask SoS if I can go to a game or not. I decide. What reason does Simon have to give in order to organise a mass e-mail protest to RBS? None. None whatsofuckin'ever. "Just make it clear it's not affiliated with SoS, tho', la, make it known it's not an official protest that we've organized." Fuck right off. Who decided SoS are to be the saviours? Who voted them to be the official voice of LFC? No-one. What difference do SoS make to my life and my decisions? None. SoS are the reason I would not put money in to this club if a fan buyout became reality.

Contacted SoS about it, and they said that while they don't think it will be worth it, because:

1. Only a minority would do it, and

2. Any tickets unsold would be snapped up,

I told them that we have nearly two weeks to get it out into the forums, facebook and the press, and that I don't think the game wil sell out, so 2000 tickets unsold would be just that. He then said that he'll try and get the idea out and guage the amount of the people that would be willing to boycott.

Just for NN.

I really don't know. I normally use a season ticket and go one anormal if i'm not using that.

Depends what sort of numbers were involved.

Good point, it would feel like a pisser if you missed the opportunity to go and the message was lost due to lack of numbers, but you just gotta have conviction. A small start can lead to bigger things if enough people think along the same lines.

It's a lot to ask 20 odd thousand not to turn up, but if we got under 40,000 going like the Reading FA cup game, and Dominic King reported why the ground wasn't full - thats's an achievement right there.

First season from 75 I have not been to a home game and will not until they are gone. Not that it makes much difference but it all I can really do.

Seeing something you love being dragged through the mud is hard to take and I cannot find it in myself to give those two cunts one penny of my money.

I think the boycott is a cracking idea and it is things like this that need to be done. Well in and I hope you get the support it deserves.

so far its 85% of people that would be attending willing to give it a miss. If the other forums can give a similar reaction (it needs to be put to them), then surely this is a goer.

The real problem though, it how easy it is to say it on hear, compared with actually following it through.

Just like the merchandise boycott, as soon as it actually requires a sacrifice, most are too selfish.

I'm a season ticket holder, and if this gets full head of steam, I'm defintately in. Absolutely no point if I'll be the only fucker missing out though.

Good point, it would feel like a pisser if you missed the opportunity to go and the message was lost due to lack of numbers, but you just gotta have conviction. A small start can lead to bigger things if enough people think along the same lines.

It's a lot to ask 20 odd thousand not to turn up, but if we got under 40,000 going like the Reading FA cup game, and Dominic King reported why the ground wasn't full - thats's an achievement right there.

Unless we stopped 20 thousand people going, no on would believe it was a boycott.

We got 33 thousand for Pompey in Houllier's last season, and not much more for our first CL group game under Rafa.

Everyone would just say we're not going cos the team is playing shit.

Unless we stopped 20 thousand people going, no on would believe it was a boycott.

We got 33 thousand for Pompey in Houllier's last season, and not much more for our first CL group game under Rafa.

Everyone would just say we're not going cos the team is playing shit.

If tonight is a near sell out then they couldn't really say that. Both Monday nights, both shit team and both when we're playing shite.

Plus, something needs to happen. Ideas need to start to convert into action imo.

so far its 85% of people that would be attending willing to give it a miss. If the other forums can give a similar reaction (it needs to be put to them), then surely this is a goer.

I was hoping SoS would have put it to them by now, they've had two days to start a simple thread. Anyone seen anything?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I was hoping SoS would have put it to them by now, they've had two days to start a simple thread. Anyone seen anything?

It is pretty clear from past conversations that they don't want to boycott games.

It is pretty clear from past conversations that they don't want to boycott games.

We had a vote on a boycott at our mass meeting in September and it was massively voted against. Obviously it can be put to members again.

Also, on the particular suggestion of the West Ham game, you would need to check whether its the West Ham or Fulham game which would have the minute silence for Hillsborough. If its West Ham then nothing can happen at that game. Could then survey it for another game then if you wanted.

We had a vote on a boycott at our mass meeting in September and it was massively voted against. Obviously it can be put to members again.

Also, on the particular suggestion of the West Ham game, you would need to check whether its the West Ham or Fulham game which would have the minute silence for Hillsborough. If its West Ham then nothing can happen at that game. Could then survey it for another game then if you wanted.

It'll be Fulham. They do it the weekend before not after in my experience.

Just a thought on how to sweeten the deal of boycottin the game:

Any chance, on the night of the game, set up a few pubs around the city with reds legends in to watch the game and have a chat with them (sort of like a meet and greet). Means you can watch the game and have a laugh with a hero while not puttin money into those pricks pockets.

Just a thought on how to sweeten the deal of boycottin the game:

Any chance, on the night of the game, set up a few pubs around the city with reds legends in to watch the game and have a chat with them (sort of like a meet and greet). Means you can watch the game and have a laugh with a hero while not puttin money into those pricks pockets.

The hard thing about that is getting the legends to give up their free tickets.