You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you boycott the match if needed?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott the match if needed?

• I am a Season ticket holder and will Boycott.
    • I am a Season ticket holder and will not Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will still go.
    • I wouldn't be going anyway.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't a walk out be just as noticeable?

Supporters arrive at different times but once they are in the ground, they could all walk out together.

Perhaps 20 minutes before the end of a game as a tester?

As far as the colours thing goes, don't Madrid/Barcelona wave white handkerchiefs when they aren't happy with the teams performance? I know white tends to mean surrender in our culture but it'd be much more noticeable than black.

A pitch invasion would be reported in a negative light so i wouldn't go down that route.

Whenever someone invades the pitch the TV camera more often then not will focus elsewhere so as not to give the person the exposure they require.

Instead of just throwing idiotic ideas out left, right and centre, can people stop and think about the ramifications further down the road, especially in the media.

A pitch invasion is a fabulous idea. Maybe it can be against Forest. Possibly in Sheffield.

Get a grip of yourselves. Fuckin' pitch invasion ... ...

Whoa there sunshine! Don't fucking come that with me, I suggested it as a throw away line i.e. This would get us noticed.

Don't fucking go down that route okay?

Taking out the logistics, which I agree with you mean it is unworkable, fans do have the right to protest in this way, nobody need get hurt.

But don't go bringing Hillsborough into it.

If a boycott is to hit the yanks financially then season ticket holders wont make any odds as we've already give them our pound of flesh in the pre-season.

Not renewing season tickets will also play into the clubs hand because they'd like nothing more than to have someone new in my seat every week who will pay £40 a ticket, £20 in food and £100 at the club shop.

While I sit and listen to all of this back in good ol Watford its all obvious that everyone is trying to work for the cause of getting rid of these cunts once and for all.

So a protest is one thing and a boycott certainly will get press attention but if you are concerned it isnt gonna get enough momentum or support due to some section Of LFC fans who just wanna watch liverpool and dont give a flying fuck who owns us and what they do to this club then its simple.

Get a local business man who will pay for the tshirts in black to be made and do a deal where you wear his logo on the back and get the Yanks out on the front. That way he prints you 10 - 20,000 tshirts that you hand out to every supporter as they walk into the grounds - he gets free televised marketing and LFC Fans get a small but very important message to those cunts that their services are no longer required.

How about a local FUNERAL Parlour ??? RIP LFC circa 2010...

Guest TesticleOReilly
Whoa there sunshine! Don't fucking come that with me, I suggested it as a throw away line i.e. This would get us noticed.

Don't fucking go down that route okay?

Taking out the logistics, which I agree with you mean it is unworkable, fans do have the right to protest in this way, nobody need get hurt.

But don't go bringing Hillsborough into it.

I just did come that with you, and with everyone else who thinks a pitch invasion is a sound idea. Sonny.

Like it or not, Hillsborough is in it. Heysel is in it. Whinging Kopites. Thieving scumbags. Carm down, carm down, look at my perm. The public perception is that Liverpool fans are murderers, be it in Belgium or Sheffield, and any direct active action will be twisted as such.

You're telling me that if there's a pitch invasion, not one paper will run 2 photos on the front page, one of the crowd in 2010, and one of the crowd in 1989, with the headline 'Have they not learned anything?' No-one gives a fuck about LFC except the supporters. The media don't. "LFC supporters not happy" - boring headline, sells zilch. "LFC thugs storm pitch ... again!" - sensational. Sells shitloads.

Passive action is required, passive meaning not doing something.

For instance, I do not go to matches. Any of them, no matter how important. Any merchandise I buy is from the streets in Bangkok. A shirt costs me a fiver and fuck all of it goes to Stadler and Waldorf. I don't visit the website, don't have an e-ticket, changed my 'phone from Orange, cancelled my MBNA LFC credit card, and when people ask me why I'm canceling, I tell them!

Boycotting a match is a great idea, it's just the level that's lacking. Show a bit of ambition. West Ham? Good starting point, as a tester, but the real game is United, at Anfield. Broadcast around the world to 100 Million people. A game being played in relative silence.

Or, for an alternative protest, turn up, applaud the team onto the pitch, then 40,000 people turn their backs on the game, and the owners, from start to finish.

I just did come that with you, and with everyone else who thinks a pitch invasion is a sound idea. Sonny.

Like it or not, Hillsborough is in it. Heysel is in it. Whinging Kopites. Thieving scumbags. Carm down, carm down, look at my perm. The public perception is that Liverpool fans are murderers, be it in Belgium or Sheffield, and any direct active action will be twisted as such.

You're telling me that if there's a pitch invasion, not one paper will run 2 photos on the front page, one of the crowd in 2010, and one of the crowd in 1989, with the headline 'Have they not learned anything?' No-one gives a fuck about LFC except the supporters. The media don't. "LFC supporters not happy" - boring headline, sells zilch. "LFC thugs storm pitch ... again!" - sensational. Sells shitloads.

For instance, I do not go to matches. Any of them, no matter how important. Any merchandise I buy is from the streets in Bangkok. A shirt costs me a fiver and fuck all of it goes to Stadler and Waldorf. I don't visit the website, don't have an e-ticket, changed my 'phone from Orange, cancelled my MBNA LFC credit card, and when people ask me why I'm canceling, I tell them!

Boycotting a match is a great idea, it's just the level that's lacking. Show a bit of ambition. West Ham? Good starting point, as a tester, but the real game is United, at Anfield. Broadcast around the world to 100 Million people. A game being played in relative silence.

Or, for an alternative protest, turn up, applaud the team onto the pitch, then 40,000 people turn their backs on the game, and the owners, from start to finish.

Cant agree more... Manure would be the game to turn your back for sure the world press would go nuts for that now that would be sensationalism at its best. Look what they always say LFC has the best fans in the world etc how about all wearing black no red in sight and turning your back fuck me that would send shivers through me alone the owners well over 100 million wud tune in for this game... Imagine a slient anfield.... now that would be something to witness.

Cant agree more... Manure would be the game to turn your back for sure the world press would go nuts for that now that would be sensationalism at its best. Look what they always say LFC has the best fans in the world etc how about all wearing black no red in sight and turning your back fuck me that would send shivers through me alone the owners well over 100 million wud tune in for this game... Imagine a slient anfield.... now that would be something to witness.

Cant agree more... Manure would be the game to turn your back for sure the world press would go nuts for that now that would be sensationalism at its best. Look what they always say LFC has the best fans in the world etc how about all wearing black no red in sight and turning your back... fuck me that would send shivers through me alone the owners well over 100 million would tune in for this game... Imagine a silent anfield.... now that would be something to witness. Rafa will moan but will he care when he leaves in a few months with a fat cheque...

Perhaps we should run any protest though the 'media' first then eh?

It was a throw away suggestion, but the correlation between a disaster that occured due to Police incompetence and the disruption of a peaceful (yes it will be) demonstration will only be form in the mind of biggoted lost causes. And if you want to live your life and make your decisions based on the reactions of a shower of pricks who will simply look for other ways to confirm their suspicions then go head.

It was a shitty post and you know it, you are clearly not an idiot and you could have worded your post much, much better.

If you want to point out the connotations involved in invading the pitch (an action that I am not in favour of at all, I simply pointed out it would get us noticed) then do so. Got to be honest, I am not bothered about outside perceptions.

This is about our club and how we get rid of the parasites, not about how we are perceived in the wider public sphere. So long as we have a clean conscience then that is it.

But your point about United is correct, but start with West Ham, start with the Black and then move on, they ain't budging with words, and it won't happen because we boycott one match. We need to get as many fans as possible behind this, some will come half hearted give them the Black scarves etc, others will want to help, give them the boycott.

Guest TesticleOReilly

It wasn't a shitty post in the slightest. It was meant to make people stop, take a step back, and maybe think 'fuck, yeah, that could come across a bit iffy'.

"Run down that hill and fuck one o' them cows? No son, let's walk down and fuck 'em all" kinda thing, y'know.

An empty ST seat speaks volumes, Paulie.

There's still a potential 15000 seats to not sell. And te empty ST seats will make it have even more of an impact on the telly.

United are getting more publicity from turning up to games with Norwich scarf then they ever would by boycotting games. I honestly don't think that anything that we do as fans will make the Americans leave until they've got the money they crave.

Is there a precedent in the past where fans boycotting games has forced a change in a clubs hierarchy?

It wasn't a shitty post in the slightest. It was meant to make people stop, take a step back, and maybe think 'fuck, yeah, that could come across a bit iffy'.

"Run down that hill and fuck one o' them cows? No son, let's walk down and fuck 'em all" kinda thing, y'know.

I agree with that, I think we can do this.

As one of the women in my work has just said, she struggles to get tickets for her and her family (3 kids) so wouldn't look at a boycott and would take the tickets, which is part of the problem, but she would go the match wearing black scarves and black t shirts etc.

Given that part of the idea is to hit the yanks where it hurts i.e. the pockets, how about having a load of flares on the Kop for the Euro game Vs Lille....? I'm sure I read somewhere that after Istanbul the club got fined €xk per flare lit up after the final whistle in the Ataturk by UEFA. A similar fine would hit the Yanks pockets.

United are getting more publicity from turning up to games with Norwich scarf then they ever would by boycotting games. I honestly don't think that anything that we do as fans will make the Americans leave until they've got the money they crave.

Is there a precedent in the past where fans boycotting games has forced a change in a clubs hierarchy?

I don't think they are. I think this is our chance to get SoS(or just the fans, depends whether SoS agree) at a higher plane than MUST.

Given that part of the idea is to hit the yanks where it hurts i.e. the pockets, how about having a load of flares on the Kop for the Euro game Vs Lille....? I'm sure I read somewhere that after Istanbul the club got fined €xk per flare lit up after the final whistle in the Ataturk by UEFA. A similar fine would hit the Yanks pockets.

And potentially scar someone for life. That'd be an even bigger fine. Genius