You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you boycott the match if needed?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott the match if needed?

• I am a Season ticket holder and will Boycott.
    • I am a Season ticket holder and will not Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will still go.
    • I wouldn't be going anyway.

I too am a season ticket holder and would boycott, but I do feel for a boycott to be effective then those who normally buy tickets would have to do so, otherwise someone else will just buy the ticket and it will end up being left to season ticket holders.

I do like the idea of alternative colours actually, something that can be more noticable as time goes on, it is what we are noted for and I think black flags, black t shirts on kop would be noticed.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think the boycott is a good idea especially one on TV (shame its ESPN and not SKY).

Anfield is known throughout the world and to see if half full would make an impact.

As regards wearing black i doubt if it would be that noticeable as we have a black away kit.

One colour you know would get noticed but would never get worn is of course blue

Guest TesticleOReilly

Ticket-buying punters make no odds in a boycott, LFC are one of the biggest clubs in the world, there will always be people who snap up the general sale tickets. The way forward is to contact all ST holders, by whatever means necessary, and explain the situation. 30,000 empty seats at Anfield.

However, in all fairness, who gives a fuck about West Ham? On a Monday night? On ESPN? This should be used as a dry run for boycotting a much bigger game, with a global audience: United at Anfield next season.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not yet. Going to do it over the weekend it we get enough support today. Contacted a couple of journos who will hopefully reply today.

Let me know what they say, mate. If PeeG or any of the other fellas are on here, would you share your views?

Match boycotts are the only real way to hurt the owners. However, I think it needs to be well planned, picketed, chains tied around entrances, ticket offices sabotaged. I'm sick of hearing 'what's the point, people will buy tickets anyway'. Well, they won't - not if it is well planned and well promoted as possible. Media, banners and even billboards.

Then again, I'm a militant cunt who thinks we should take war to the owners if we are not going to get a group of professionals in to work against them in other ways - which we're clearly not.

Ticket-buying punters make no odds in a boycott, LFC are one of the biggest clubs in the world, there will always be people who snap up the general sale tickets. The way forward is to contact all ST holders, by whatever means necessary, and explain the situation. 30,000 empty seats at Anfield.

However, in all fairness, who gives a fuck about West Ham? On a Monday night? On ESPN? This should be used as a dry run for boycotting a much bigger game, with a global audience: United at Anfield next season.

Chelsea at Anfield would be a decent shout too.

Guest TesticleOReilly

No match is as big in the English league as Liverpool vs United. The domestic TV coverage is enormous, the paper coverage runs for a week, and that follows around the world (except that daft country where they play netball for giants). Chelsea are only big in certain parts of Africa. LFC and United are huge the world over.

Not yet. Going to do it over the weekend it we get enough support today. Contacted a couple of journos who will hopefully reply today.

Rory Smith from the Telegraph just replied, he'll report it before and after it, so that people find out. Also gave a few brilliant ideas such as get a slogan and having people at the entrances educating why we're doing it.

It needs to be on other forums.

Hopefully when SoS are contacted, they'll spread the word. Facebook too.

This is the problem facing SOS when people say what are they doing.

During the mancs game against Milan which was a huge game with a global audience they sung songs about the owners all game and their banners got maximum exposure.

You try singing about the owners at Anfield and your instantly told to shut up or if you put a banner/scarf up your told to put it down because its blocking the view.

We are supposed to be the most knowledgeable fans in the country yet it seems we are burying our heads in the sand regards this issue.

A boycott is a good idea but for me the best impact of all would be a full Anfield just singing Hicks and Gillett out all game.

That's why the West Ham match is a perfect oppurtunity. Tickets dont go on sale yet, and people will be less likely to fly over from Ireland or Norway.

I suggested that in another thread, and that if the West Ham match gets publicity maybe we could lower the attendance by another 10000 for Chelsea.

That's why the West Ham match is a perfect oppurtunity. Tickets dont go on sale yet, and people will be less likely to fyl over from Ireland or Norway.

I suggested that in another thread, and that if the West Ham match gets publicity maybe we could lower the attendance by another 10000 for Chelsea.

10,000 seems a while lot for some reason.

A boycott is the only thing that could work. It should also mean a lock out so fans unaware or unwilling to participate were kept from entering the ground.

I wouldn't be going to the West Ham game anyway, so it's easy for me to say. I still really really hope the regular match goers get something like this organized.

I'm not talking about black t shirts alone, I am talking about black flags, black scarves, billboards will pictures of the fans in black T shirts 'Red is our colour, not your's'.

You will notice on a European night, a kop full of black flags, black scarves being swung around. It has to be something visual, something that gets people questioning why? Once the fans are mobilized then you can start on boycotts, get those 10'000 up to 20'000 and say to the Parasites 'This is what we have and we will use it'.

Let's be honest, invading the pitch on a televised match will get us noticed!

I'm not talking about black t shirts alone, I am talking about black flags, black scarves, billboards will pictures of the fans in black T shirts 'Red is our colour, not your's'.

You will notice on a European night, a kop full of black flags, black scarves being swung around. It has to be something visual, something that gets people questioning why? Once the fans are mobilized then you can start on boycotts, get those 10'000 up to 20'000 and say to the Parasites 'This is what we have and we will use it'.

Let's be honest, invading the pitch on a televised match will get us noticed!

You need the appropriate scenario. Last home game of the season to Chelsea; if we are out of the race for fourth completely and nothing to play for, a pitch invasion with people wearing black t-shirts with a simple message stating the yanks out would go along way. At least this way, if they decided to punish us with a point deduction we would not lose anything valuable. Maybe they would give Chelsea the points too. Probably not if it affected Uniteds chances of number 19.

Even if it was only five or six men, the message would get through.

Edited by Goffraidh

Let's be honest, invading the pitch on a televised match will get us noticed![/QUOTE]

You need the appropriate scenario. Last home game of the season to Chelsea; if we are out of the race for fourth completely and nothing to play for, a pitch invasion with people wearing black t-shirts with a simple message stating the yanks out would go along way. At least this way, if they decided to punish us with a point deduction we would not lose anything valuable. Maybe they would give Chelsea the points too. Probably not if it affected Uniteds chances of number 19.

Even if it was only five or six men, the message would get through.

Chances are, the owners would be there, too.

And if it meant Chelsea winning against us to win the league, I'd quite happily contribute to getting the match abandoned.

Thing is, this needs to be bigger than these web sites.

A majority of our fans are ignorant of our owners, or just so beligerant towards them.

If we manage to do this, would we go as far as trying to stop the scabs who cross the line and try to get in, or would we put a flee in their ear as they go past? How far do we go with it?

We need to get the message of this out there, into the general domain, so that joe public know and understand what's happening, otherwise people will just snap up the empty seats.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Instead of just throwing idiotic ideas out left, right and centre, can people stop and think about the ramifications further down the road, especially in the media.

A pitch invasion is a fabulous idea. Maybe it can be against Forest. Possibly in Sheffield.

Get a grip of yourselves. Fuckin' pitch invasion ... ...

I would back anything bar a pitch invasion, we may be playing shite football, have a shite manager, need a new ground, pinning all our hopes on the Europa league, out the league title, in a battle for 4th, 5th, 6th and 7 th spot, but we are NOT Everton, er, hang on.....

Birmingham and Everton are very close to us. If we draw gainst Portsmouth and lose against United, youd be suprised where we would be. Saying that Birmingham and Everton are playing this weekend.