You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Asian consortium???

kopite1989

Morning all, I tend to take all this takeover talk with a pinch of salt but recently on other football sights some bloke has been 100% certain that we are being bought by Asian consortium for 460m for 100% stake in club, this is supposed to be done by end of June.... This isn't me tellin u because I don't know if I believe it, it's more asking if any1 else heard anything like it? What have ppl heard about take overs??? This fella wouldn't say sources or who was in consortium which made me question it... What u think?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he charge you double for luggage?

You've got to watch them, they drive round the block a few times like they're going where you told them. I know, my dad used to do it. He loved Lime Street pick-ups!

Did he charge you double for luggage?

You've got to watch them, they drive round the block a few times like they're going where you told them. I know, my dad used to do it. He loved Lime Street pick-ups!

Lol taxi drivers utd lol, god now they r doing it online as no1 will listen in the b

cab lol

What I would say is that the slide of UK Sterling in the last 4-6 weeks has been quite dramatic and will make UK assets more attractive to foreign investors especially those holding a lot of US dollars - another currency being printed like there is no tomorrow.

Analysts are predicting that the £ could dive to ~ $1.3 from $1.7 only 6 months ago if there is a hung parliament or if Labour maintains power - it has slipped below $1.5. This would imply a 25% discount for USD buyers, so £100m would be discounted from the £400m asking price for Liverpool FC through favourable currency appreciation - likely to be go cheaper though as we approach the debt renewal date.

So which countires hold an abundence of US dollars - India, China, Tiger Economies & most other Emerging Econmies who have sold commodoties and goods to the West in the last 5 years. So if I was a betting man I would say that the likely buyer will be from the East if Purslow does not fancy the cake for himself.

What I would say is that the slide of UK Sterling in the last 4-6 weeks has been quite dramatic and will make UK assets more attractive to foreign investors especially those holding a lot of US dollars - another currency being printed like there is no tomorrow.

Analysts are predicting that the £ could dive to ~ $1.3 from $1.7 only 6 months ago if there is a hung parliament or if Labour maintains power - it has slipped below $1.5. This would imply a 25% discount for USD buyers, so £100m would be discounted from the £400m asking price for Liverpool FC through favourable currency appreciation - likely to be go cheaper though as we approach the debt renewal date.

So which countires hold an abundence of US dollars - India, China, Tiger Economies & most other Emerging Econmies who have sold commodoties and goods to the West in the last 5 years. So if I was a betting man I would say that the likely buyer will be from the East if Purslow does not fancy the cake for himself.

Why the East ? Why not the US? might mean they get the $100m for a minority investment from a fellow yank more easily, couldn't it?