You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The RBS plan kicks off tomorrow night please Join. if you havent already.

Guest simon

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received this from my MP.

Dear Mr Bradburn

Thank you for your message. I have a number of similar requests. However I must advise you that I have taken up this matter with the government in the past. The response which I have received is that although the government has a controlling interest in RBS and concerns itself with general policy on loans to business it does not involve itself in the micromanagement of individual transactions. The bank is expected to make such decisions on the basis of the financial credentials of applicants.

Yours sincerely

Eddie O'Hara

Just received this from my MP.

Dear Mr Bradburn

Thank you for your message. I have a number of similar requests. However I must advise you that I have taken up this matter with the government in the past. The response which I have received is that although the government has a controlling interest in RBS and concerns itself with general policy on loans to business it does not involve itself in the micromanagement of individual transactions. The bank is expected to make such decisions on the basis of the financial credentials of applicants.

Yours sincerely

Eddie O'Hara

I emailed him but he hasn't bothered his arse to reply to me.

I've posted this on the thread regarding Fit and proper.

Would it be worth sending all the responses to one person so they can all be tracked i.e. have the mp's bothered, are they consistent and ultimately to compare to when we take action again after the election.

This may give us more ammunition?

What do others think?

I've posted this on the thread regarding Fit and proper.

Would it be worth sending all the responses to one person so they can all be tracked i.e. have the mp's bothered, are they consistent and ultimately to compare to when we take action again after the election.

This may give us more ammunition?

What do others think?

If you wouldn't mind keeping any replies you've had in your inboxes for now, there will probably be some information appearing in the next week or so about a central point that they can be forwarded to. I'll also be hoovering up any that are posted in the thread, which is one of the reasons I asked people to post them up.

I've also e-mailed my thanks to Jim Cousins. I was aware before I wrote the e-mail that regardless of whether the committee as a whole was able to act, individual members could take forward issues that were of particular interest to them. He's really gone the extra yard here though, top bloke.

Reply from Carl Arnold at George Howarth's office;

Dear Mr *******,

I do agree with your analysis of the situation faced by Liverpool FC, particularly as regards the ownership of the club.

You may recall that a year or so ago some colleagues and I tabled a House of Commons motion (EDM) on the subject, calling on RBS not to renew the loan.

In view of your email, I will talk to colleagues to see if we could do something similar and will get back in touch.

Thank you for contacting me.

Carl

Dear Cris Frost

Thanks for your email.* I signed that EDM as I feel as strongly as you do, but not just about Liverpool Football Club.* This is the whole process that has been destroying British ownership of British industry where cowboys come along, borrow money to take over firms, split up the firms and then leave the debt with the least attractive part of the divided package.

I have been pressing for a tax reform which would mitigate against these rip offs.* At the moment people are allowed to offset interest against any profits.* My little change would insist that interest is paid after company taxation.* If the Government had conceded this ten years ago much more of British industry would have been owned by people in this country.* I will also return to the banking issue but I think it will have to be in the new parliament as my guess is that we have only got two days left.

With best wishes

Frank

Office of The Rt Hon. Frank Field MP

Dear Mr *******,

I do agree with your analysis of the situation faced by Liverpool FC, particularly as regards the ownership of the club.

You may recall that a year or so ago some colleagues and I tabled a House of Commons motion (EDM) on the subject, calling on RBS not to renew the loan.

In view of your email, I will talk to colleagues to see if we could do something similar and will get back in touch.

Carl

Got the same reply myself. Fair play.

Reply from Nigel Griffiths MP received the other day:

Dear Niall,

Thank you for your letter. Would you like me to put you letter to the Chancellor?

Your sincerely,

Nigel Griffiths

-----------------------

Dear Mr Griffiths,

Many thanks for your prompt response. I would appreciate you forwarding my letter to the Chancellor if you feel that this is the most appropriate course of action. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the issues which I have outlined, as they are of the utmost significance to me at present. Would you be prepared to attach a note to the Chancellor when forwarding my letter, indicating your concern and support in this matter, and highlighting its importance; such action, if possible, would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you; best wishes,

Niall

---------------

Dear Niall,

Thank you for your further email. I am happy to forward your letter to the Chancellor, but the specifics of who is fit or not fit to run Liverpool football club are not something I am qualified to assess - it must be up to the fans and any shareholders to take wahtever action they feel is appropriate.

Best wishes,

Nigel Griffiths

Dear Mr *******,

Carl

Dear Cris Frost

Thanks for your email.* I signed that EDM as I feel as strongly as you do, but not just about Liverpool Football Club.* This is the whole process that has been destroying British ownership of British industry where cowboys come along, borrow money to take over firms, split up the firms and then leave the debt with the least attractive part of the divided package.

I have been pressing for a tax reform which would mitigate against these rip offs.* At the moment people are allowed to offset interest against any profits.* My little change would insist that interest is paid after company taxation.* If the Government had conceded this ten years ago much more of British industry would have been owned by people in this country.* I will also return to the banking issue but I think it will have to be in the new parliament as my guess is that we have only got two days left.

With best wishes

Frank

Office of The Rt Hon. Frank Field MP

Reply from Nigel Griffiths MP received the other day:

Dear Niall,

Thank you for your letter. Would you like me to put you letter to the Chancellor?

Your sincerely,

Nigel Griffiths

-----------------------

Dear Mr Griffiths,

Many thanks for your prompt response. I would appreciate you forwarding my letter to the Chancellor if you feel that this is the most appropriate course of action. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the issues which I have outlined, as they are of the utmost significance to me at present. Would you be prepared to attach a note to the Chancellor when forwarding my letter, indicating your concern and support in this matter, and highlighting its importance; such action, if possible, would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you; best wishes,

Niall

---------------

Dear Niall,

Thank you for your further email. I am happy to forward your letter to the Chancellor, but the specifics of who is fit or not fit to run Liverpool football club are not something I am qualified to assess - it must be up to the fans and any shareholders to take wahtever action they feel is appropriate.

Best wishes,

Nigel Griffiths

Obviously I can't endorse (or condemn) Frank Field's tax policy proposals but other than that, fair play to all three of these. Thanks for posting those lads.

Reply From Mark Todd:

Thank you for emailing the Committee.

We note the concerns expressed. However, the Committee cannot undertake new inquiries this side of the election. When a new Committee is appointed in the next parliament it will have to decide on its programme.

Mark Todd MP

Haha that interview is fucking brilliant!

Absolutely superb work from Mick. Nothing but huge respect from me towards Mick. He made Gillett look like an absolute fucking whopper. Especially the bit where he gets really angry (Gillett that is) around the 17 minute mark.

Quality - I hadn't heard the full version myself until now.

Didn't want to mention it earlier but now that the site has gone public, obviously that's where I'm intending some of the responses from MPs are going to end up - I'm gonna wait to see what comes from Jim Cousins' letters and what Alistair the Badger has to say for himself and then put something together.

Bookmark it, there will be more to come.