You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The RBS plan kicks off tomorrow night please Join. if you havent already.

Guest simon

From my Local MP Peter Bone

Thank you for your e-mail. One of my key roles as your representative in Parliament is to listen to my constituents and campaign on your behalf - in fact, this is the whole philosophy behind my "Listening to Wellingborough and Rushden" campaign.

You have raised some very interesting issues and I have accordingly forwarded on your e-mail in full to the Chancellor of the Exchequer so that your opinions may be fully taken into account and requesting an answer as a matter of urgency.

Should you wish to discuss these or any other issues any further with me, then please do come and see me at one of my weekly advice surgeries. Appointments can be made on 01933 .

Yours sincerely,

Peter Bone FCA MP

Wellingborough and Rushden

Encouraging that mate.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you follow the instructions and take out the first paragraph about the treasury select committee?

Guess not.

There was one line near the end that said something like "I urge the committee and my MP..." but even with that left in, it shouldn't have given him a get out clause. I thought about posting up the full text of the e-mail I sent to my local MP as well, but the post would have been ridiculously long and it only had a couple of lines different.

Send it again Andy mate but change the first part to this:

I am a fan of Liverpool Football Club and am writing to you regarding the club's current ownership.

I have copied this e-mail to members of the senior management teams of the Royal Bank of Scotland, Liverpool Football Club and the Rhone Group, as the issues below relate directly to the state-supported bank's continuing involvement in extending credit to the owners of Liverpool Football Club. These issues are cross-party and highlight a concern that has often been in the spotlight of media attention in recent months, namely the increasingly unsustainable business models of several Premier League football clubs including Liverpool FC.

Then find the third paragraph to last and replace it with this:

I urge you as my MP to bring whatever pressure you can to bear on the Royal Bank of Scotland to reconsider its decision to extend further credit to the owners of Liverpool Football Club. The club is not in safe hands, the owners of the club have a track record of failed investment in sports clubs and UK taxpayer's money should not be used to underwrite the loans which are currently being used to extend their failed reign beyond its natural lifespan.

and thanks for getting involved.

From my Local MP Peter Bone

Thank you for your e-mail. One of my key roles as your representative in Parliament is to listen to my constituents and campaign on your behalf - in fact, this is the whole philosophy behind my "Listening to Wellingborough and Rushden" campaign.

You have raised some very interesting issues and I have accordingly forwarded on your e-mail in full to the Chancellor of the Exchequer so that your opinions may be fully taken into account and requesting an answer as a matter of urgency.

Should you wish to discuss these or any other issues any further with me, then please do come and see me at one of my weekly advice surgeries. Appointments can be made on 01933 .

Yours sincerely,

Peter Bone FCA MP

Beautiful. Vote for this man.

Did you follow the instructions and take out the first paragraph about the treasury select committee?

I'm nigh on certain I replaced the first section, but possibly not the 3rd to last paragraph.

I've replied with the fully amended version, so lets see where it goes... :)

I'm nigh on certain I replaced the first section, but possibly not the 3rd to last paragraph.

I've replied with the fully amended version, so lets see where it goes... :)

Sound. If he's not having it this time, let me know and I'll put a special version together for him; no words with more than two syllables, set out in bright primary colours and with a few pictures to keep him interested.

Pretty quick reply:

As you may know, I am standing down at the next election and so I cannot influence future events. In any event I do not see this as a legitimate matter for someone such as me.

Yours sincerely,

Syephen Hesford MP

Sounds like a right dickhead

Will give him another chance. My reply:

Dear Mr Hesford,

Thank you for your speedy reply, especially at this late time of night.

I do note that you are standing down at the next election (and as such may feel that you are unable to help in this situation), but I also note that you are a member of Lancashire County Cricket Club; a club with a tradition - alike Liverpool FC - of strong finances and shrewd management.

Though LFC may not be particularly close to your heart, I hope that - from one sports fan to another - you will appreciate the bond a fan may feel to their local club, and the helplessness they feel when that club is not shown the due care expected of its current custodians.

A fellow Liverpool supporter contacted his local MP with the same mail I sent to yourself and was met with the following reply:

Yours sincerely,

Peter Bone FCA MP

If you feel that you can in any way campaign in this way on my behalf, I would be most appreciative.

I sent this to my MP to massage his ego a bit.

Dear Mr Bone,

Firstly may I thank you for your reply and secondly may I thank you for the way you are dealing with this issue. You may or may not be aware that this a national campaign by Liverpool supporters against the owners of LFC and RBS. There are number of fans who have contacted their local MP's and your reply has been the most helpful and constructive to date.

I would also like to add that this makes me feel proud to be in this constituency as it shows that my MP is listening to his constituents issues especially when some of the replies that fellow fans from other towns have had is nothing short of a disgrace.

EDIT - This was his out of office reply. Shortly after I received this

Thank you for your e-mail. Parliament is in Recess as of the 30th March 2010. Parliament is likely to go into Dissolution shortly thereafter.

At that time, there will be no Members of Parliament until a new Parliament reassembles after the general election.

I am therefore unable to deal with your e-mail until after the general election and only if I am re-elected.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I then sent the following as the above now seems to be a fob off.... (EDIT - I didn't know this was his out of office and thought it was his reply, damn gmail but hey what the hell)

Mr Bone,

Can you please forward on the response from Chancellor of the Exchequer when you receive it?

Kind regards

Edited by Vivaldo

Mark Todd fobbed me off but Jim Cousins is a legend!

Thank you for contacting me about Royal Bank of Scotland’s role as a lender to Liverpool United.

It will be up to the next Parliament to set up a Treasury Committee. And that Committee will decide what to investigate.

In the meantime, I have written to Stephen Hester the Chief Executive of RBS and Robin Budenberg of UK Financial Investments (UKFI) who is the Government’s ‘shareholder’ for the investments in RBS, Lloyds, HBOS, Northern Rock etc.,

It is possible that the loans in Liverpool are one of those protected under the Asset Protection scheme with RBS. The Government guarantee is run by the Asset Protection Agency. I have therefore written them as well.

I am a season ticket holder at Newcastle United and a member of the Newcastle United Supporters Trust. I realise dodgy ownership is possible in a football club!

Jim Cousins

Labour MP for Newcastle upon Tyne Central

P.S. I understand that you have contacted me as Member of the Treasury Select Committee, but hope you appreciate that it won't be possible for me to continue an e-mail dialogue with the large number of supporters who have contacted me.

JIm Cousins just sent me this :

Thank you for contacting me about Royal Bank of Scotland’s role as a lender to Liverpool United.

It will be up to the next Parliament to set up a Treasury Committee. And that Committee will decide what to investigate.

In the meantime, I have written to Stephen Hester the Chief Executive of RBS and Robin Budenberg of UK Financial Investments (UKFI) who is the Government’s ‘shareholder’ for the investments in RBS, Lloyds, HBOS, Northern Rock etc.,

It is possible that the loans in Liverpool are one of those protected under the Asset Protection scheme with RBS. The Government guarantee is run by the Asset Protection Agency. I have therefore written them as well.

I am a season ticket holder at Newcastle United and a member of the Newcastle United Supporters Trust. I realise dodgy ownership is possible in a football club!

Jim Cousins

P.S. I understand that you have contacted me as Member of the Treasury Select Committee, but hope you appreciate that it won't be possible for me to continue an e-mail dialogue with the large number of supporters who have contacted me.

Jim Cousins

P.S.* I understand that you have contacted me as Member of the Treasury Select Committee, but hope you appreciate that it won't be possible for me*to continue an e-mail*dialogue with the large number of supporters who have contacted me.*

Got this from Lowry, Roger (Group Comms) (Roger.Lowry@rbs.co.uk)

I am currently on annual leave. If you need to reach me urgently please call (he provided his mobile number).

If anyone wants to bell him send me a pm and i'll send you his mobile number.