You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The RBS plan kicks off tomorrow night please Join. if you havent already.

Guest simon

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
AND made it clear your angst was a trifling matter as far as he was concerned.

Yup, a clean sweep. I particularly liked his use of "etc."...

Yup, a clean sweep. I particularly liked his use of "etc."...

haha true, that really is the twist of the knife ("I really can't be arsed enumerating exactly how unimportant you are"). Personally, I'd get rid if I were you, if he's not even savvy enough to disguise his contempt, he can't be up to much.

Mark Todd

Thank you for emailing the Committee.

We note the concerns expressed. However, the Committee cannot undertake new inquiries this side of the election. When a new Committee is appointed in the next parliament it will have to decide on its programme.

Seems like we're getting a default message.

PS I don't have a reply from my MP yet.

Dear TK-421

Than you for your e-mail - be in no doubt I am a great fan of football

and I genuinely hope matters can be sorted out both on and off the field at Anfield. However, the plight of Liverpool FC must be set against the more serious and pressing challenges (deficit, war in Afghanistan, education etc.)facing this County both at home and abroad.

Yours sincerely,

Charles Walker

Clearly he is too busy to get involved if his constituency has declared war on a sovereign nation, and is going bankrupt to boot.

I love the "I am a great fan of your soccball game". What a man of the people! Dave's got 'em primed for government!!

Got the standard one:

Thank you for emailing the Committee. We note the concerns expressed. However, the Committee cannot undertake new inquiries this side of the election. When a new Committee is appointed in the next parliament it will have to decide on its programme.

And one from my local MP:

Dear Red Badger

I shall look into this for you, and then get back... With every good wish

Michael

If I get any more I'll post here.

Dear TK-421

Than you for your e-mail - be in no doubt I am a great fan of football

and I genuinely hope matters can be sorted out both on and off the field at Anfield. However, the plight of Liverpool FC must be set against the more serious and pressing challenges (deficit, war in Afghanistan, education etc.)facing this County both at home and abroad.

Yours sincerely,

Charles Walker

Christ, some people have no sense of perspective! (incidentally, cost of one Tomahawk cruise missile = £379,776)

Regarding the stock e-mails, one of the ones I got was from what appears to be the Treasury Select Committee's dedicated e-mail address. This will be getting sent again the day after the election.

I've had a holding reply from my local MP's secretary - bearing in mind that I'm not in Liverpool, I'll await developments with interest.

Good work everyone that's sent it and those that are spreading it to other forums and so on. This is about two things - the action that we are asking for and awareness raising. Regardless of what happens with the first one, every e-mail sent contributes towards the second.

Edited by RoboRiise

Emails sent this am -

had this back -

"CROWTHER, Sybil" <CROWTHERS@parliament.uk>

30/03/2010 09:31

To

"***********

cc

Subject

RE: Royal Bank of Scotland - Financing

Thank you for emailing the Committee.

We note the concerns expressed. However, the Committee cannot undertake new inquiries this side of the election. When a new Committee is appointed in the next parliament it will have to decide on its programme.

Treasury Select Committee

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Liverpool FC fan calls on government to investigate club

Liverpool FC fan calls on government to investigate club

Mar 30 2010 by David Randles, Liverpool Echo

Comments (4)Recommend A LIVERPOOL FC supporter who brought about Tom Hicks’ son’s departure from Anfield today took on the club’s owners again.

Stephen Horner first came to the attention of the Hicks family in January after e-mailing parts of an ECHO article to then-club director Tom Hicks Jnr which discussed the challenges facing manager Rafa Benitez.

Mr Horner was staggered when he received an abusive, expletive-filled reply from Mr Hicks Jnr, a response which eventually led to the American’s resignation from the Anfield board of directors.

Now, Mr Horner has sent an open letter via email to the government’s treasury select committee, urging MPs to look into the financial situation at the club.

His message was also copied to The Royal Bank of Scotland, which is owed £237m by Mr Hicks and co-owner George Gillett, Liverpool FC and potential investor the Rhone Group.

Mr Horner highlights the club’s debt, referring to the situation as “completely unacceptable”.

Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett have until July to pay £100m off the outstanding £237m borrowed from the Royal Bank of Scotland and Bank of Wachovia.

Like many Liverpool fans, Mr Horner is concerned Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett will be allowed to refinance the debt and is asking the treasury select committee to put pressure on RBS to ensure that does not happen.

He is also urging other Liverpool fans to send the email via the Facebook group “Liverpool FC fans in protest against the Royal Bank of Scotland” and the Liverpool Way website forums.

From my Local MP Peter Bone

Thank you for your e-mail. One of my key roles as your representative in Parliament is to listen to my constituents and campaign on your behalf - in fact, this is the whole philosophy behind my "Listening to Wellingborough and Rushden" campaign.

You have raised some very interesting issues and I have accordingly forwarded on your e-mail in full to the Chancellor of the Exchequer so that your opinions may be fully taken into account and requesting an answer as a matter of urgency.

Should you wish to discuss these or any other issues any further with me, then please do come and see me at one of my weekly advice surgeries. Appointments can be made on 01933 .

Yours sincerely,

Peter Bone FCA MP

Wellingborough and Rushden