You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steve Nicol

20 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I mean even at first glance it's clear he's chatting shit, but when you look at the statistics it's even more clear. 

Thing is though, about 10 minutes before we scored the winner we took a throw in and launched it into someone at waist height who then gave the ball away.  Said to my mate.... "Have we still got that throw in coach"..... it was that bad.

3 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

Another ex red who digs out our club at every opportunity, can’t stand him.

What the fuck is it with our ex players? Maybe they are jealous of how we're doing now and without them. They've always been regarded as part of the great Liverpool teams and that is true but the club made them and they seem to forget that. Thommo never has a bad word to say, a true and respectful red they could learn to behave like him. 

• Upvote 1

I think most of our ex players are brutally honest, actually. It's only Murphy that seems to pick and choose his principles based on who's sitting next to him.

These are men who have generally had long term success in the game, in no small part due to their personalities, and probably feel they have the right to make whatever point they feel like making.

I've seen Nicol say plenty of positive things about us.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Butch said:

What the fuck is it with our ex players? Maybe they are jealous of how we're doing now and without them. They've always been regarded as part of the great Liverpool teams and that is true but the club made them and they seem to forget that. Thommo never has a bad word to say, a true and respectful red they could learn to behave like him. 

Some ex players are embarrassing, you wouldn’t think they kicked a ball for us.

Nicol actually said the other day he’d rather us go all season unbeaten in the league than win the treble.

He must be on crystal meth.

Watching that...it's disappointing. 

In largely unrelated news I once (2006) did a corporate trip to Dublin with Ronnie Whelan and he was great. Sitting in a hotel drinking tea talking to him about footy is something I look back on fondly. Also got to lift the European Cup with him and while I was with him he took a phonecall off Rushie. 

It’s not surprising that many ex footballers are very low-IQ & aggressive individuals. There’s a reason so few top players transition to management.

I ended up drinking with rushie, nicol and whelan on a random mid week in town when I was off work for a few days during the souness years when they were all out injured. They were all really down to earth and sound. You could sense they were all downbeat about how we were doing at the time but the real malaise hadn't yet set in.

Incredible that they were the three senior pros at the time and were all out on the ale. Different era  to be fair.