You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa opinion poll

Guest davelfc

What do you want?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want?

• Rafa sacked now
    • Rafa sacked at the end of the season
    • Rafa deserves one more season
    • Rafa needs to stay.

Guest davelfc

Over the past few months we've had (to my knowledge) two Rafa polls. Both times the fans were split but the vast majority wanted him to stay, stay until the end of the season or have another season.

Polls mean little if you cannot judge the mood and for that reason I think now that fourth place looks as good as out of reach. It's time for another test of the water.

I know I've changed my mind, my vote will definately be different this time. I'll be interested to see how many others have changed. I'd also be interested in people posting in this thread that have changed their mind since last time and what tipped you over. If you voted him gone last time I'm assuming you're not going to have changed your mind now.

My only hope is that we can stick to voting and leave the abuse out of the thread please.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets us 4th and strengthens the side I'd give him another season. If we fail to get 4th and don't win the Europa I'd like to see who's available to see if there's anyone better.

So I'm still in 2 minds. It's been a shit season though.

Guest davelfc
Probably not the best time to get a reasoned response/result.

True, but a good time to gauge how some fans might have changed their minds. I've been sat on the fence for a good few weeks now and have finally tipped over.

I don't think many fans would change from Rafa stays to Rafa sacked now after one game.

'Sacked' was a poor choice of words for the second option, 'out at the end of the season' should have been the wording. I too hate to see managers sacked, but sometimes (for some teams) it has to be done as they exist in their own tiny bubble and cannot see what is going on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If we don't qualify for the European Cup, then I think it will take a lot of faith and total lack of quality managers to save him.

Guest davelfc

Up until recently I was in the 'give him another year' camp. But this isn't getting any better is it? We're not improving and we're not even able to give a good account of ourselves against poor teams.

Part of me thinks if we gave him another year he could turn it around, but another part of me thinks we'll just have another poor season like this one and be even further down the league and probably lose a few decent players as a result.

Can I suggest a replacement, No. I think this club has a lot of problems and more to come. While we have these owners and no cash we will fail to attract a manager that can improve our situation or even want to take us on.

I also believe that Rafa deserves better. You don't achieve what he has here by being rubbish. I think he's lost focus with all the shite that has been circling the club for the past few years.

I've said before that one crap season does not make a crap manager. I'm sticking with that.

I honestly don't believe that there is anyone better for Liverpool right now.

There is no doubting Rafa is a top manager and will do a good job in his next job. But, do you not believe he has lost his way with this football club? I believe there is no coming back from this for him now, so a fresh regime under a new man is needed and that new man does not have to be as good as Rafa in every way - even though I don't believe Rafa offers as much as people on here believe. Yeah he can organise a team for Europe and a mean team to break down now and then but with two holding midfielders, Jamie Carragher & Pepe Reina, so could Steve Claridge. I would give the job to a young and upcoming manager. Someone like Laurent Blanc at Bordeaux.

Up until recently I was in the 'give him another year' camp. But this isn't getting any better is it? We're not improving and we're not even able to give a good account of ourselves against poor teams.

Part of me thinks if we gave him another year he could turn it around, but another part of me thinks we'll just have another poor season like this one and be even further down the league and probably lose a few decent players as a result.

Can I suggest a replacement, No. I think this club has a lot of problems and more to come. While we have these owners and no cash we will fail to attract a manager that can improve our situation or even want to take us on.

I also believe that Rafa deserves better. You don't achieve what he has here by being rubbish. I think he's lost focus with all the shite that has been circling the club for the past few years.

My biggest fear is losing Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Pepe, Johnson.

Guest davelfc
My biggest fear is losing Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Pepe, Johnson.

We don't know, a new manager might take us further down and we end up losing them anyway.

I'm only glad I do not have to make the decision. The worst part is I don't trust the people that do make that decision to handle it well or get a replacement that will make us better. We're fucked.

I can't for the life of me understand why some people want him sacked at the end of the season. I'd much rather see a new manager come in a learn the ropes so he could be ready for the summer's transfer window and next season.

I also think appointing an interim manager like Kenny og even Sammy Lee would leave us with more points than sticking with Rafa will.

I understand to a degree why people would want to give Rafa a chance to fix this mess but then we should let him start next season as well.

I think change is the way forward.

Is it that my expectations need to change? Are we not a title winning/challanging side? Do I as a fan have to accept this.

Or does the manager have to change. Personally the last poll I voted to keep him till the end of the season and see what happens. Today I have voted to change him.

My answer to my first question is to change the manager. Why should I have to change my expectations when we have the starting 11 we have? We should be challanging for the tittle. If we are not then the manager needs to go

If we don't finish 4th i think we need a change. If we finish 4th i would keep him and make the decision next Jan. If we are challenging then keep him, if not get rid.

If our best 11 is firing i think we are more than capable of winning the league and if he cant get them playing then he has to go imo.

Guest davelfc
I can't for the life of me understand why some people want him sacked at the end of the season.

I think a lot of us voting that way hope that somehow he manages to turn it around before then. But it's looking less and less likely.

I don't believe the club would sack Rafa before the end of the season no matter what happens.