You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He had one good touch today to set up the Benayoun "chance".

He wasted absoultely everything else that came his way. He tried this little flick thing on four ocassions. It only worked once and it got even more difficult to watch everytime he tried it again.

At least he ran around loads though, eh?

Now this is what I like to see. Not only having a go at a Liverpool player, but managing to belittle and have a go at Liverpool fans also.

Putting the mess we are in on one player, or one person involved in the footballing side is now pointless. We are in deep deep shite and it runs an awful lot deeper then tactics. Tactics don't make Gerrard pass the ball straight out of play and no where near a team mate. Or Kuyt make the pass for their goal. Or Torres control the ball further then most can kick it. The whole club is rotten and the players have lost the belief that we can challenge. I think last years almost title win have actaully made this season even worse in a way. They know another transfer window is coming up with a few freebies while City and Chelsea and the Mancs will get the top talent. Maybe Rafa has told them he is off to Juve? Either way, we are in the shit, and it's only going to get worse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is what I like to see. Not only having a go at a Liverpool player, but managing to belittle and have a go at Liverpool fans also.

Putting the mess we are in on one player, or one person involved in the footballing side is now pointless. We are in deep deep shite and it runs an awful lot deeper then tactics. Tactics don't make Gerrard pass the ball straight out of play and no where near a team mate. Or Kuyt make the pass for their goal. Or Torres control the ball further then most can kick it. The whole club is rotten and the players have lost the belief that we can challenge. I think last years almost title win have actaully made this season even worse in a way. They know another transfer window is coming up with a few freebies while City and Chelsea and the Mancs will get the top talent. Maybe Rafa has told them he is off to Juve? Either way, we are in the shit, and it's only going to get worse.

I haven't done that.

he has had max 2-3 good matches this year and he said "it has been hard carrying the team" HAHA

he is the biggest problem in our attack because he is the best defender the other team can have, he stops every single counter attack we make.

I haven't done that.

More of a general point and certainly aimed at the thread starter also. I think now blaming Kuyts pass, or Lucas, or Benitez, as the be all and end all problem, so if removed we are ok, is redundant. Last night I saw, again, a team that is in deep deep trouble and has lost love for football, the club, and everything. There is a cancer affecting everything at Anfield now.

I think everyone would agree that we are as a team performing very poorly. Kuyt gets it in the neck more than others because he is more consistently bad than the others. Lucas gets it because since he came to the club, he has been mostly poor. He has been improving, but from a pretty low base, and he seems to be treading water again. Insua, again, has been mostly poor, though again there are signs of improvement. These guys get less leeway because their 'mean' performance is not great, and they have a lot of improving to do before it would even be acceptable. In Kuyt's case, age will retire him before he could ever get to that mark.

Gerrard has been very poor by his own high standards, but his peerless contribution to the club cannot be ignored. He certainly appears to be lacking in motivation right now. Why? Could be injury - he's still receiving injections before each game, or it could be disillusionment with tactics, the manager, teammates, it could be something in his personal life, or it could be he's had his head turned like Rafa.

You get the impression after a performance like that last night that a number of players are 'distracted'.

Did you see the vision he had to find the space to release his defence splitting pass? Amazing.

Unfortunately, he created the chance for the wrong team. If he was doing it at the other end, we'd be 5 points clear now.

KUTGW though. Getting there, son.

Negged for:

a) singling out players in such a silly/spiteful way after a bad team performance

b) especially ones who have scored some very important goals for us in the past

c) creating a new thread unneccesarily

d) writing "KUTGW" + "son"

There - at least you know why I negged you.

if we drop lucas, kuyt and insua we would improve

rafa and his ever diminishing army of cocksuckers can try and confuse things all they want.

this isn't about gerrard, it isn't about torres. its about a a coward of a manager who favours his yes men ahead of players with talent.

he's finished here and the best thing for all of us is to get rid of him now.

he's too slow and incompetent to play in a central role. His first touch is apocalyptic as the wayne rooney puppet on setanta once said. If anyone else put in a performance like that last night they would never play for Liverpool again. I really like Dirk but when he is playing as badly as that there is no excuse for keeping him on the pitch.

Likewise Insua, he never got to grips with N'Zogbia last night and there have been too many performances like which makes me believe he will never be anymore than average and ceratinly not first choice. If that was stephen darby, Martin Kelly or Stepehn warnock playing that badly last night you know they'd never play for rafa again. I think we're kind of stuck with insua til the end of the season cos of aurelios injuries but we seriously need a new left back.

The one thing that strikes me Johnny is this, In my opinion you could sack Rafa right now and the difference in the players and style of play and results would dramatically improve.

You drop Lucas,Torres Kuyt we will stay the same,play the same and the results the same.

I would slate any player in that team If I knew they were not playing for the manager as people say, Lost the dressing room?, Cheeky bastards. I'd want them players out because they play for Liverpool FC and its supporters, But I dont know what the answer is to this bit.

So to me its the first part of my post that works for me.

Hard to disagree with you there Al. A new manager usually does bring a freshness. But not always. Look at Middlesborough (Who we might be playing a bit more, soon!!). But, the problem still remains that who do we get in. A quick fix with a brief upturn in form? But when they go with the begging bowl to improve the team they are told to sell to spend or get in free players, but you still have to sell to afford the free players wages? How will that help?

Rafa may very well have to go anyway. But my fear is we will still be battling it out in a real struggle to get 4th next year also depending on who we bring in. As I said, I think the whole mess is bigger then players and managers now and we are rotten to the core.

I think everyone would agree that we are as a team performing very poorly. Kuyt gets it in the neck more than others because he is more consistently bad than the others. Lucas gets it because since he came to the club, he has been mostly poor. He has been improving, but from a pretty low base, and he seems to be treading water again. Insua, again, has been mostly poor, though again there are signs of improvement. These guys get less leeway because their 'mean' performance is not great, and they have a lot of improving to do before it would even be acceptable. In Kuyt's case, age will retire him before he could ever get to that mark.

Gerrard has been very poor by his own high standards, but his peerless contribution to the club cannot be ignored. He certainly appears to be lacking in motivation right now. Why? Could be injury - he's still receiving injections before each game, or it could be disillusionment with tactics, the manager, teammates, it could be something in his personal life, or it could be he's had his head turned like Rafa.

You get the impression after a performance like that last night that a number of players are 'distracted'.

Tell me you are joking!!

If he is still having an injection before every game, that is a fucking disgrace from our management to even consider playing him.

he has had max 2-3 good matches this year and he said "it has been hard carrying the team" HAHA

he is the biggest problem in our attack because he is the best defender the other team can have, he stops every single counter attack we make.

Totally agree. I'd love to see the stats on how many attacks he breaks up though. In all honesty it has to be huge. He's prob got better defence stats than the entire Chelsea back four.

Negged for:

a) singling out players in such a silly/spiteful way after a bad team performance

b) especially ones who have scored some very important goals for us in the past

c) creating a new thread unneccesarily

d) writing "KUTGW" + "son"

There - at least you know why I negged you.

That should be the same point you neg happy so and so!