You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no excuse for what we've seen on the pitch for almost 8 months. None at all.

Not giving any though. We've vastly under-achieved. But the hysteria that comes out when we don't twat some lower ranked side is borderline pathetic.

Point I'm making is that we could have very easily won tonight, and it wouldn't have been much different to what happened.

Not that we played well. Of course we fuckin' never but we was close to getting more from the game.

No, we couldn't. What match were you watching? That lot tonight couldn't string a couple of passes together, were the clumsiest Liverpool side tackling I've ever seen, and didn't appear to have even trained together.

Wigan outplayed us.

The time for excusing this dross has long passed.

No, we couldn't. What match were you watching? That lot tonight couldn't string a couple of passes together, were the clumsiest Liverpool side tackling I've ever seen, and didn't appear to have even trained together.

Wigan outplayed us.

The time for excusing this dross has long passed.

Nando makes a decent connection at 0-0 and we'd have won the game.

Not giving any though. We've vastly under-achieved. But the hysteria that comes out when we don't twat some lower ranked side is borderline pathetic.

We just lost to Wigan, who are in a stinking run of form. We had £64 million of talent on the bench, damn straight we should be beating them, or at the very least having shots on target. Hysteria, that makes me laugh, at what point do people have your permission to start getting more than a little worried about our predicament?

Point I'm making is that we could have very easily won tonight, and it wouldn't have been much different to what happened.

Not that we played well. Of course we fuckin' never but we was close to getting more from the game.

Is this a serious post???

Nando makes a decent connection at 0-0 and we'd have won the game.

But he didn't.

If Alonso had stayed......

Ifithadntbeenfer....

Excuses time is over. This has been a dreadful season full of dreadful Liverpool performances. There have been a few good ones, but the overall season has been bad. The simple fact is we're in a hole now, and the only way out is to stop digging.

We're stuck with the owners for God knows how long, which makes things more complicated. Rafa must go, because we are now regressing, but who chooses the new manager?

Don't know what the answer is. All I do know is we're going backwards and the football is horrible to watch.

Guest The Chimp

It's not just some though Ian is it? It's not simply one game taken in isolation as you rightly allude to. We've been very poor this season from the off (which I'll come back to in a minute). It would appear irrefutable that we've gone backwards at a truly astonishing rate and there's been nothing all season long to suggest that this slide can be/will be arrested. Indeed, it already appears that anything we do from hereonin is too little too late so far as this season and a top four finish goes.

I'm going off on a tangent here, but I do not - and never have - understood why we fuck about so much in pre-season. Play the core of the team and get them used to each other. Can we just once hit the ground running for fucks sake, develop a good head of steam and swat other teams aside (like flies Russ, like flies). Let them worry about us.

I've said before on here (once) that I think his time is up, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the good that's he done. IF he was to stay next season I wouldn't be unhappy as I'd love to be proved wrong, and could even envisage him doing well. That said, the more games I see like last nights the more I question the varacity of this. It's a quandary for me certainly as to whether he stays or goes, as as much as I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed, I'd kick myself for being so stupid and weak if next season mirrored this.

Edit. Just seen the follow up replies and I was going to delete this thread as it looks as if I'm wading in after the others simply to attack your viewpoint Ian - not the case at all mate.

Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?

We were outplayed. Simple as that. Under the form we are in nobody's expecting us to twat anyone this season, but to be outplayed by another "lower ranked side" is embarrassing.

This debacle of a season goes on, and although i've said all along that Rafa should be given the chance until the end of the season to turn things around, now i'm not so sure.

I can't comprehend why he keeps trying to fit our players into unfamiliar positions (whether they play there well or not) as this reduces our effectiveness every time.

Play to your strengths is a saying that has always rung true, so how does playing Mascherano out of position work?

Had Rafa decided to throw caution to the wind and throw in the youngsters he'd have been bollocked by some for taking risks, unless of course it had worked out (a la Moyes/Ferguson/Wenger) personally i'd have gone with it as at least it could construed as being seen to have a go and put some of the wastrels we have as "first team" players under pressure for their positions.

But I don't get the square pegs in round holes we saw last night in Kuyt and Mascherano when Johnson and Riera for instance were both on the bench. If you're fit enough for the bench, you're fit enough to start or you shouldn't be htere.

He's thinking far too defensively and it's killing us.

The players have to take some of the blame as well though as we should have given Wigan more of a game than we did regardless.