You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mendoza

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

The whole Smith family are a bunch of bellends. Rock dealt with it incredibly well.

Hope they have Gervais on next time, he'd roast Smith to within an inch of his life 

They bring it on themselves, him and his wife are always talking about how she likes banging other men and he just sits there doing nothing like Little Bill in Boogie Nights. She's also humiliated him several times on the subject now all of a sudden he's playing the Super protective husband.

Their son is a talentless attention seeking bellend as well. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I wouldn’t have taken kindly to somebody mocking my wife’s alopecia in front of a global audience.

Yeah, same. There's lots of praise for Chris Rock on this, but I don't see why. It was a tasteless jab at her. There seems to be a trend in these award shows that they have to mock people, I'm glad somebody had enough of it (if it wasn't a rehearsed stunt) and did something about it. Fuck it, I don't even care. I don't think it started with that unfunny cunt Gervais but it certainly seems to have been popularised by him. 

• Upvote 1

Few things at play here.

Rock does my head in, his voice goes through me and he's about as funny as having the shits while being on a five hour bus ride to Mexico city.

Smith, despite his veneer of affability, is supposed to be a twat. I've read stuff about him wanting to end cast and crew's careers because of perceived sleights.

I think he's wrong to have acted like that but also other people might not know what they've been through as a couple. For a woman to lose their hair is some next level psychological shit.

Also, I've never been that arsed about celebrities either way but they're starting to really grate. They pontificate endlessly about stuff like social justice yet live in gated communities. 

• Upvote 2

Gervais deserves slapping a lot more than Chris Rock.

I've said for years that all award shows are pointless, self congratulatory smugfests, where people get over-emotional about acting/singing/dancing (delete as appropriate) so this at least injected a welcome dose of entertainment to the proceedings.    

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I've said for years that all award shows are pointless, self congratulatory smugfests, where people get over-emotional about acting/singing/dancing (delete as appropriate) so this at least injected a welcome dose of entertainment to the proceedings.    

The arts a middle class grift and awards are there to make it all look like it's something that's too hard for ordinary people to do.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Americans love that shit though. They have a Hall Of Fame for everything.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

That's pretty much what Gervais pointed out, particularly in the last Golden Globes he did. He also speared the hypocrisy of pontificating on social justice issues while sucking up to or tolerating people like Epstein or Weinstein.

43 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think he's wrong to have acted like that but also other people might not know what they've been through as a couple. For a woman to lose their hair is some next level psychological shit.

That was my thoughts. We don’t know what they’ve been through.

Still, I wouldn’t have reacted like Smith did. I’d maybe of had a strong word with him afterwards. 

Just now, Funkasy said:

An actor/comedian assaulting another actor/comedian for a simple joke.

It wasn't a simple joke, it was a jibe at her alopecia. I thought it was quite underhanded. 

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

That's pretty much what Gervais pointed out, particularly in the last Golden Globes he did. He also speared the hypocrisy of pontificating on social justice issues while sucking up to or tolerating people like Epstein or Weinstein.

Yet takes the money for presenting them. Though I do have to declare my bias on this one, I fucking hate him. 

• Upvote 1