You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Youtube pulls the original Rickroll!

Guest Super Sub

Guest Super Sub

"Never gonna give you up" has now been removed from Youtube for violation of the terms of use by Sony BMG what's the world coming to?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They must be taking the Rick. Just when you think you've got a good thing going, then they go and turn around and desert you.

Did you know that 95% of music downloads are illegal ?

Fighting a losing battle.

That just makes me sick, to see it in percentage terms like that, you have to question those people. I mean is it seriously that high a percentage ?, are you really telling me that there's, I can't believe I'm about to say this, 5 % of people still paying for music ? soft cunts.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That just makes me sick, to see it in percentage terms like that, you have to question those people. I mean is it seriously that a high a percentage ?, are you really telling me that there's, I can't believe I'm about to say this, 5 % of people still paying for music ? soft cunts.

If that number is correct then the amount of music being downloaded is virtually incalculable (well, it isn't but that sounds like a lot!). iTunes alone has sold over 10 billion. That's not counting places like Amazon and other rivals.

If that number is correct then the amount of music being downloaded is virtually incalculable (well, it isn't but that sounds like a lot!). iTunes alone has sold over 10 billion. That's not counting places like Amazon and other rivals.

I have paid for music from itunes, I have also aquired a hell of a lot more music by other means. To be honest since I started using spotify I have hardly bothered downloading, I reckon the ilegal downloading market probably dropped off quite a bit since Spotify came out. If the ilegal download market ceased, it wouldn't phase me in the slightest, I'd welcome it somehwat, but whilst music is readily available for free, the temptation is too great, for myself and billions of others. I have been saying for ages I wish movies were not leaked onto the internet, the last few years of my biggest passion movies has been ruined by watching early releases online instead of enjoying the cinematic experience. I just don't have the will power to be like Thants, who I do find is admirable on his stance towards piracy.