You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Crouch

Dracco

I was just thinking abou Crouchy....It´s a shame he left in summer 2008. When you count how many games has Torres missed during this 2 seasons, then Peter could start 20+ games every season with another 20+ sub appearences.

And he is better than anything we did put upfront in the absence of Torres (Kuyt, Ngog,Voronin) and I think upcoming signing Jovanovic won´t be a world beater either. Belgian league is poor, he is 28 and goals in WC quali?? David Healy was the best striker of Euro2008 quali with 13 goals.....

Bellamy and Keane also fall into that catagorie.

All 3 proven in the premiership as goalscorers but not in Rafa's eyes......i guess.

Playing Vorinon FFS instead.........Gaffer needs his head tested

Keane is shite. I'd rather play Kuyt or N'gog

I agree on Bellamy though. He would still play every game on the left even if Torres was fit.

Bellamy was sold to finance Torres though wasn't he?

Crouch should never have left

Maybe should be starting for England in the World Cup?

His International record is impressive and although it seems logical that he should be used as the 'plan b' - It is looking apparent that the 'plan b' of England is better than the 'plan a'.

He was stupid to leave the club for Pompey. I have nothing against him as a player but that was a move you'd expect from someone that has no ambitions other than their own self interest.

How was it stupid? At the time, Pompey were a good side who had just won the FA Cup. They had a manager that Crouchie obviously got on well with, and were signing some good players. He was never going to go to another top four club and start every week, and Portsmouth was probably one of the best moves he was going to get.

He moved to get regular games, and that meant moving to a lesser side. I don't see how that can be seen as stupid. By that analogy, would it have been ambitious for him to sit on the bench, just pick up his wages and be content with not getting games?

For a large part of his time here, the last season in particular he was never top of the pecking order. Kuyt and Voronin were often picked ahead of him (even if they were in poor form, and Crouch wasn't). What he did required a bit of bravery and ambition. In what possible way did it involve solely his self interests?

Yeah I thought it was a good move for Crouchie. I'd have him back but there's no way he'd want to go back to the bench again. And he must still be a bit peeved at the number of times Rafa preferred Voronin to him. Another one of Rafa's genius selection policy...

I've always been amazed by what rafa has said about how he would agree to crouch's terms and let him go to pompy. Now having seen whats happened to portsmouth I guess they must of been paying him a small fortune

Keane is shite. I'd rather play Kuyt or N'gog

I agree on Bellamy though. He would still play every game on the left even if Torres was fit.

Bellamy was sold to finance Torres though wasn't he?

Crouch should never have left

Replace the word Torres with Babel and you'd be correct.

Crouch is playing same role with Spurs as he was with us not the 1st choice but should play alot of games,problem with us was games he should have played(Athens etc) Rafa would never play him, and then he trusted Voronin more.If Crouch was with us last year at least 2 of those 11 draws would have become wins and 19 would be ours, have to say I loved the big fella when he was with us.

Crouch is a good, solid striker. No more no less. He wasn't prepared to sit on the bench here and wait for his chance, his fuckin' loss.

Of course he'd be a good option to have now but we could have better than him without doubt.

i have nothing but total admiration and respect for Crouchy.

Fucking love the guy, I remember watching an England friendly in Majorca a few years back and people at the bar booed him as he walked on the pitch.

I told them all to fuck off and walked back to my apartment, then met up with some Spanish fans who saw me in my CL Winners top and went all mental.

I fucking hate Chelsea fans

i have nothing but total admiration and respect for Crouchy.

Fucking love the guy, I remember watching an England friendly in Majorca a few years back and people at the bar booed him as he walked on the pitch.

I told them all to fuck off and walked back to my apartment, then met up with some Spanish fans who saw me in my CL Winners top and went all mental.

I fucking hate Chelsea fans

To be fair mate he's now the beaut that plays up to these blerts by doing the 'Robot' and the 'Rope' etc whenever the next unfunny comic asks him.

He was stupid to leave the club for Pompey. I have nothing against him as a player but that was a move you'd expect from someone that has no ambitions other than their own self interest.

They had david james , muntari , diarra, defoe and benjani at that time . That isnt too bad if you ask me