You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO of the Rehabilitation Clerks

Fowlers God

What do we do here. 15 year old boy kills two elderley people. Manslaughter at most. This is my hometown and have known the person is question since he was 8. He has been in and out of the cells since he was 10 and has had asbo after asbo.

BBC News - Two die following property fire in Rugby

A man and woman have died after a house fire in Rugby, Warwickshire, in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The man, 77, and a woman, also 77, were rescued from a property in Harold Cox Place at about 0250 GMT.

A 74-year-old woman was also rescued from a neighbouring property but she was not injured.

Warwickshire Police said the cause of the fire was currently "unexplained", but it started near a mobility scooter which was parked outside the building.

Checking CCTV

Both were taken to the intensive care unit at University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, where they later died.

Det Ch Insp Pete Hill said: "We are keeping an open mind as to how the fire started but until we can establish the cause it is being fully investigated by Rugby CID."

Officers are checking CCTV footage and carrying out house-to-house inquiries.

On arrival, fire crews found two properties ablaze, both of which had been fitted with smoke detectors.

The Rugby Observer - Teenager still in custody after fatal fire

DETECTIVES have been given more time to question a 15-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of murder after a fire which killed an elderly couple.

The teenager was arrested on Tuesday (March 2) on suspicion of murder and arson with intent to endanger life after two fires in Harold Cox Place, Bilton, on Saturday (February 27) and Monday (March 1).

Pensioners Albert and Kath Adams, both 77, died as a result of severe smoke inhalation after fire ripped through their one-bedroomed flat in the quiet cul-de-sac in Woodlands at around 3am on the Saturday.

Just two days later another fire broke out at the same council-run sheltered housing complex at around 1.30am. Two flats had to be evacuated but nobody was hurt.

Both fires started after mobility scooters outside the flats were set alight. Police believe the two blazes are connected.

Police are using Bluetooth mobile phone technology in Cymbeline Way and at Sainsbury's, on Dunchurch Road, in a bid to encourage witnesses to come forward.

Anyone at either location with Bluetooth activated on their mobile phone will receive an offer to download a message. If they accept, details of the crimes will be sent to them along with numbers to call if they have information about either fire.

The Bluetooth stations should be up and running over the next few days.

Anyone with information is urged to call Warwickshire police on 01926 415019, email police at opcuffley@warwickshire.pnn.police.uk

The Rugby Observer - Fatal fire: Heartbreak at couple's death

THE FAMILY of Albert and Kath Adams have spoken of their grief.

The couple, who had been married for 56-years, leave behind a son, Keith, and a daughter, Nicola.

The family statement reads: "Kath and Albert were a lot of things to a lot of people - parents, grandparents, brother, sister, friends.

"They were really loved by their family and were the rock that pulled everyone together. Their tragic deaths have left a massive hole in our lives - that pain will never truly fade.

"Their door was always open and their children and grandchildren knew that all problems could be solved with a spoonful of rice pudding and copious amounts of tea."

It has been reported that Mr Adams suffered from emyphsema and that Mrs Adams was his carer.

"Despite their ill health in recent years their cheeky sense of humour never left them - nor did Kath's love of shopping and Albert's love of football.

"They lived in a lovely supportive environment in Harold Cox Place and we had no knowledge of disruptive or anti-social behaviour. Between the family and their wonderful warden we would have known about it.

"Our lives will never be the same again. We are just comforted that they are at peace and are together. We ask that anybody that has any information to please come forward and to stop this tragic event from devastating other people's lives. We would hate for others to have to the children that their beloved grandparents had died in tragic circumstances."

The couple were founding members of the Rugby Thornfield Bowls club and both enjoyed success in the game, with Mrs Adams going on to become a national champion.

The Rugby Observer - Fatal fire: Yob problem reports are dismissed

TABLOID stories portraying Bilton as a yob-ridden area have been rubbished by people living there following the tragic deaths of an elderly couple in a suspected arson attack on their home.

The deaths of 77-year-old couple Arthur and Kath Adams after a fire at their sheltered flat in Harold Cox Place on Saturday (February 27) have led national newspapers to describe the area as overrun by gangs of young thugs.

Some stories have gone as far as to speculate the fire was started by yobs in revenge for challenges made by the couple against loutish behaviour.

But neighbourhood representatives and people living in the area have refuted such claims and urged people to dismiss any speculation - despite a second fire in similar circumstances on Monday (March 1).

Bilton ward councillor David Wright, who lives nearby on Longrood Road, said: "It's very difficult when the national media circus picks up on a story like this and sensationalises it. Everybody should be sticking to the facts.

"We haven't got any major issue with anti-social behaviour anywhere in Bilton, or indeed Rugby. We've haven't got a bigger problem than other parts of the country have.

"It's frustrating when the national media try to portray Rugby or Bilton as an area full of anti-social behaviour. Residents I've spoken to are remaining calm and we are doing everything we can to instill some reassurance in the community.

"It's scary but I think what we should be doing is to listen to what the police have got to say and listen only to the facts and the evidence rather than speculate. The police are going to keep a big presence and we can only hope that what happened will be a one-off."

One woman, who lives near Harold Cox Place but did not wish to be named, said: "It's awful that two people have died. This is a lovely quiet estate and we never usually have any trouble so it's dreadful to have two fires in a weekend."

Another woman, who also wished to remain anonymous, said: "It's such a terrible thing to have happened. I didn't know the couple that well but I'm so shocked by it."

The family of Mr and Mrs Adams, in a tribute to them, said: "They lived in a lovely supportive environment in Harold Cox Place and we had no knowledge of disruptive or anti-social behaviour. Between the family and their wonderful warden we would have known about it."

Guest TK-421

I think we should let the victims' grandchildren decide what is best. If the CPS have enough evidence to press charges they should hand the file over to the grandchildren. Then take it from there.

If it's proved, he should be held i custody indefinitely and without a release date. He has to prove he's ready for society and regrets his actions. However, there are obviously mental issues involved here, as "normal people" recoil in horror at these events. Someone of sound mind would be unable to commit such attrocities. Unless he receives such help (even that may not work), then he he should see out his days behind bars.

Unfortunately, the detaining of convicted criminals isn't an exact measureable science, and the logical thing to declare here would be that he should be put to death. However, I have no interest in a country that is able to murder it's people, regardless of their crimes. It's just not how a modern, progressive society should conduct itself.

Apart from societal blood lust, it's a useles punishment and in no way acts as a deterrent.

I think we should let the victims' grandchildren decide what is best. If the CPS have enough evidence to press charges they should hand the file over to the grandchildren. Then take it from there.

This is possibly the most mental thing I've heard since you last spoke about fo*tball.

Guest TK-421
This is possibly the most mental thing I've heard since you last spoke about fo*tball.

Why? :(

I'm sure they'd make the right decision.

Guest ShoePiss

They have to come down hard on this lad, a very long sentence. He's been arrested on suspicion of murder and hopefully he's charged and convicted with that.

Just saw this on the daily post site :-

Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - News - Liverpool News - Dog dead after being tied up on a Kirkdale football field and set on fire

A DOG was tied to a fence, had petrol poured over her and then set on fire on a football field in Liverpool.

The female Staffordshire bull terrier-cross was heard yelping as she burned to death.

People living nearby ran to her aid but nothing could be done to save her. She was put to sleep to end her suffering.

It happened on Tuesday at 8.20pm on a sports pitch just off Stanley Road, Kirkdale.

RSPCA chief inspector Simon Small said: "I’ve never had to deal with an incident like this in my nine years with the Society."

Anyone who thinks they can help should call the RSPCA 24-hour cruelty line on 0300 1234 999 and ask to leave a message for chief inspector Small. Calls are in confidence

They need to catch the sick person that did this, tomorrow he'll (yes it will be a lad around the age of 14/15) he'll be killing people.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Dog dead

To whom did this dog belong? Please tell me that it wasn't the dog of the father of Ken Dodd. And dead dog is a damned disaster, but I don't think I could take it if Ken Dodd's Dad's dog's dead.

They have to come down hard on this lad, a very long sentence. He's been arrested on suspicion of murder and hopefully he's charged and convicted with that.

Just saw this on the daily post site :-

Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - News - Liverpool News - Dog dead after being tied up on a Kirkdale football field and set on fire

A DOG was tied to a fence, had petrol poured over her and then set on fire on a football field in Liverpool.

The female Staffordshire bull terrier-cross was heard yelping as she burned to death.

People living nearby ran to her aid but nothing could be done to save her. She was put to sleep to end her suffering.

It happened on Tuesday at 8.20pm on a sports pitch just off Stanley Road, Kirkdale.

RSPCA chief inspector Simon Small said: "I’ve never had to deal with an incident like this in my nine years with the Society."

Anyone who thinks they can help should call the RSPCA 24-hour cruelty line on 0300 1234 999 and ask to leave a message for chief inspector Small. Calls are in confidence

They need to catch the sick person that did this, tomorrow he'll (yes it will be a lad around the age of 14/15) he'll be killing people.

Wasn't Old Skool Tom looking at getting rid of a staff a few weeks ago?

Guest ShoePiss
Wasn't Old Skool Tom looking at getting rid of a staff a few weeks ago?

Hmm, I just hope it's not Simon's.

Seriously though, the lad that did this will kill someone in the future. Clearly a psychopath.