You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arda Turan ''I want to play for Liverpool''

PaulMcC

Arda Turan issues Liverpool FC come and get me plea > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

Arda Turan issues Liverpool FC "come and get me" plea

Galatasaray midfielder Arda Turan has issued a fresh come and get me plea to Liverpool, stating that it would be a dream come true for him.

The highly-rated midfielder was linked with a move to Anfield in the January transfer window with a part-exchange deal for the then out-of-favour Ryan Babel touted as the most likely option.

Cimbom captain Turan, 22, has received glowing references about the Reds from former players Harry Kewell and Milan Baros - both currently at the Ali Sami Yen Stadium.

The Turkey international is again considering his option elsewhere and has high hopes for a move to Merseyside, despite Rafael Benitez set to be handed a meagre transfer warchest this summer.

He said: “Of course I want to play abroad but it is our board's decision. As I always mention, Liverpool attracts me because of their tradition.

"In Europe, I am a Liverpool supporter, so if I go to play in Europe, I would like to play for them.

“My dream has always been to play for one of the top European clubs, but you shouldn't make concrete plans in your life because sometimes these plans cannot be achieved.

"This is my dream, but for now I'm just working on my football.”

Turan's comments come 24 hours after Palermo defender Simon Kjaer revealed that his preferred destination is Liverpool so that he can forge a defensive partnership with compatriot Daniel Agger.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen much of the lad, but from what I have seen he's been very impressive. An old mate of mine is Turkish, and he's been banging on about Turan for a good few seasons now. I'd definitely sell Riera and Babel to try and finance a move for him.

How depressing is it when quality players like him want to come here but we all know it won't happen.

All I need now is a Sergio Aguero 'come and get me' plea and I'll be sent right over the edge.

Aguero already asked us to buy him when he was at Independiente. I think the board wouldn't risk that amount of money a on a youngster from South America.

Why couldn't we sign him?

People seem to think we can't even compete for players like Turan and Kjaer.

I know we're skint but we could sell players to get them.

Although i doubt we can sell enough players for enough money to get all the players we need this summer.

Guest Dog Chaser

I think Turan has a good chance of making it in the Premiership, maybe with us. Would be refreshing to have a quick, skillful traditional style winger but not sure if he's Rafa's type of player.

Nice to see players talking about us in the press but makes things very depressing as we could get these players but cant afford them.

Foreign players want the cl and Rafa is exceptional, on the whole, in that tournament.

If we had money we could get some of the very best here.

As mentioned above surely riera and babel could fund him

Get him and Aguero while we are at it.

Sell - Riera, Babel, Kuyt and Degan to fund these purchases.

------------------------Reina-------------------------------

Johnson--------Skrtel-------------Agger------------Aurelio

Benayoun-------Gerrard----------Mascherano--------Turan

------------------Aguero-----------Torres------------------

We'd piss the league.

Get him and Aguero while we are at it.

Sell - Riera, Babel, Kuyt and Degan to fund these purchases.

------------------------Reina-------------------------------

Johnson--------Skrtel-------------Agger------------Aurelio

Benayoun-------Gerrard----------Mascherano--------Turan

------------------Aguero-----------Torres------------------

We'd piss the league.

With a different manager, maybe yeah.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
With a different manager, maybe yeah.

You smell like willy, Thomas. Big, cheesy, veiny, throbbing winkle. That's you that is.

Leave Rafa alone!

chris-crocker-cries.jpg