You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

As he was against Unirea, ManCity and Arsenal. His last 4 games were utter shite.

TBH you play down when Skrtel has a shit game, but can't wait to talk about Agger's poor games cos you love Skrtel and see it as some sort of contest between them and, for you, Skrtel must win.

Agger is the last one we should be worried about in our back four, I would get new players in for every other position before I started to worry about him.

I agree 100%. Now I'll go back to the Lucas thread so that I can feel normal again.

Agger has started 22 games this season the same as Benayoun, these are the players who have started more games than him.

Kuyt 37,

Carragher 37,

Reina 36,

Insua 35,

Lucas 34,

Gerrard 31,

Mascherano 30,

Skrtel 23.

I personally prefer Skrtel to Agger, but as a pair I think they can dominate together for years to come.

I think Carragher is a problem though, as he seems to be untouchable, which I don't think he should be.

Little bit off-topic, but what's your thoughts regarding Dirk in the same respect?

We should have signed the mighty Senderos to resolve our defensive woes! I don't think Agger is up to it and between the 2 of them Skrtel is a better option but for the time being, at least, it should be Carragher and Krygiakos as the 1st choice pairing.

Agger has started 22 games this season the same as Benayoun, these are the players who have started more games than him.

Kuyt 37,

Carragher 37,

Reina 36,

Insua 35,

Lucas 34,

Gerrard 31,

Mascherano 30,

Skrtel 23.

How about last season and the season before that? Agger can't be relied on to sustain a run of games, like Aurelio.

Kuyt 37,

Carragher 37,

Reina 36,

Insua 35,

Lucas 34,

Gerrard 31,

Mascherano 30,

Skrtel 23.

I find those stats useless in this debate. Unless you're trying to tell us that Agger's injury woes are behind behind him as of this season?

I think he is a very good player. I think he plays it intelligently and gets attacks going with sensible passes as opposed to trying to hit the man 65 yards away. I actually think he is very underrated. Now and again he does break, and he does it well. I don't know, maybe people feel a ball playing defender needs to be a player who has to get to the by-line to be called as such. Just by Agger going past one player and getting into the opposition half, allows the midfieders to support the attackers very well. He can get a bit sidetracked with his defending, but we've seen enough very good defensive displays to know that he is capable of it and just needs to learn control and positional play when getting back, and no better man then Carra to teach him how to defend.

I think he is a very important part of our future.

Agreed.

Danny Agger has all the attributes to be a monster of a player and I fully back the idea that he could potentially be among the best in world football.

It seems strange to regard a 25 year old as having potential, but the fact he's played so little football and has been hampered with injurys in his time here means that potential is still largely what he has.

He played his 100th game last week against Unirea, 100 games in 4years. Averaging 25 appearances a year, out of a possible what? 60ish? It's nothing.

He needs desperately to get a season free of injury and if he get's that I can see him developing in to a world class player.

It also doesn't help that our current cautious approach can hinder any expressive player, particularly a center back. We've clearly attempted to go "back to basics" when it comes to defending, something which has been a success as we have now shuck off our horrendous early/mid season form. That has been at the expense of the quality expansive football we ended last year on, but I am still hoping as confidence increases that may return.

I think the fact we fought for him to sign a new contract even despite his injurys shows how highly he is rated, and there would have been a queue of top clubs ready to snap him up on the cheap last season had he chosen to move on.

I think the fact we fought for him to sign a new contract even despite his injurys shows how highly he is rated, and there would have been a queue of top clubs ready to snap him up on the cheap last season had he chosen to move on.

Agger is obviously highly rated by Rafa, as he gave him a new contract. I'm not so sure that was a good idea considering Agger's fitness record.

Time will tell.

TBH you play down when Skrtel has a shit game, but can't wait to talk about Agger's poor games cos you love Skrtel and see it as some sort of contest between them and, for you, Skrtel must win.

If Skrtel plays badly I admit it always. And I don´t take it as Skrtel vs Agger.

I am just sick of the hype that comes with Daniel, who is called brilliant by some posters even if he is worst on the pitch.

I fully agree with Tom R in this. He is the most overrated player since I follow LFC...And the main thing nobody mentioned about him and I wonder ...he is fuckin´lazy.

If Skrtel plays badly I admit it always. And I don´t take it as Skrtel vs Agger.

I am just sick of the hype that comes with Daniel, who is called brilliant by some posters even if he is worst on the pitch.

I fully agree with Tom R in this. He is the most overrated player since I follow LFC...And the main thing nobody mentioned about him and I wonder ...he is fuckin´lazy.

Have you and Skittles got something in common, i wonder:whistle:

Related in any way..........ex-lovers, maybe......just wondering like

No offense now but it's just as obnoxious as the Irish going on about Keane.

Maybe I am Martin Skrtel.

If you look on it that way, then half of TLW must be bumming Agger.

Agger is ok, as is Skrtel, but they're just premiership centre halves, no more than that. It's safe to say that neither of them would be coveted by any team in the top 10, as they've probably got defenders of a similar or better standard. Agger has more potential, but then again he's more injury prone. You pays your money, you takes your chance.

Put it this way - who here would rather we kept sami for another year and binned off agger and his massive new contract?

With the money saved we could have bought Chopper Shawcross, or Chaill, or someone like that instead.

i know I would.

Are we talking about the same Sami who was offered a years extension on his deal and to become a coach after that but turned it down because he wanted to play a bit more before he retired ? That Sami ?

Looks like Rafa did and Sami didnt.

Just jokin´mate. ;)

But, but... That's what the real Martin Skrtel would say.

We need to make a test to make sure if you're Skrtel or not.

Situation: The ball is hoofed from Man City's defense and Jo jumps to receive it. Do you:

A: Challenge for the header hard but fair?

B: Stay on the ground and wait for a chance on the second ball?

C: Kick him in the back Bruce Lee-style?