You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

No mate you're wrong again,I was brought up on Ron Yeats,Thompson,Smith and co,Agger is neither here nor there to to me.I just thought that someone might come on with an interesting story.But within two seconds,we get Rodgers is a genius,I told you so,I'm right every body else is wrong,Klopps a cunt,there I told you so.You are the cunt mate,and if you don't like the way Liverpool fc is run, or you don't like the New manager,why don't you follow your darling into oblivion and support Celtic,or better still go and play on the motorway.

Wow, I should stop supporting the club because I'm not happy with the signings and because the manager didn't win me over last season.Why didn't all of you who didn't like he last manager leave when he was here, he was trolled mercilessly and people called for him to be sacked daily, I haven't said that once about Klopp.Looking at the transfer thread it seems most have the same opinion about the transfers this summer as me, are they all cunts?

I didn't say any of the things you said I've said, I have no problem with a manager picking and selling the players he wants to and that was what happened with Agger.If anyone had a problem with what Rodgers did then surely they have the same problem with what Klopp did with Skrtel.

Now I remember why I stopped getting involved in the debates about Rodgers, people can't accept facts.People are taking the piss out of things Ive said and are saying the same thing, it seems people on here listen to the majority even when the facts tell them the majority is wrong.

I feel these comments will come to define Agger as a man and cement his proper place in LFC lore - the same can be said for Rodgers who captivated and inspired all around when he uttered that one famous word:

"Whatever."

'Respect your families' was even more cringeworthy in the pep talk prior to his first game in charge (lost 3-0 to WBA).

I remember watching it on We Are Liverpool and the way Pepe looked at him as soon as he said it.

I know mate, some people are obsessed.No matter what I say all they think about is how I supported the last manager.People are taking the piss about things and then are saying the same things themselves, laughable.

Plural ?  Is that your subsersive way of owning up to alt accounts ?

I never really got the Dagger appreciation to be honest. Was neat and tidy, but was often over powered by big opponents. I didn't dislike him in any way, but didn't particularly like him either. It's one of those weird ones where you can't see the value in 99.9% of other people's opinion. It's frustrating too, as you're thinking to yourself "What am I not seeing here?!"

• Downvote 1

He was a proper ball playing CB, people love to see that, like Sakho. I think he was held back by not having a top class CB partner for long periods, as he often had to readjust to compensate for Skrtel's (and some poor fullback) positioning.

The Torres forearm probably elevated him above his broken level in fans' eyes, but I'd argue even without that he was a great player to watch, both on the ball bringing it forward and off it as he had a good reading of the game.

Ultimately, I just think he was a smart CB, and there are too few of those.

• 1 year later...
Guest Pistonbroke

It seemed to me that he relied on his natural talent more than taking it overly serious at times. I wonder how good he could have been if he had been the complete professional. He certainly enjoyed his private life. 

• 5 months later...

Pepe Reina; "You cannot say NO to Barcelona."

Luis Suarez; "It will be difficult to say No to a club like Real Madrid."

Daniel Agger; "I can say NO to just about any club in the world

as long as Liverpool Football Club want me to stay."