You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rather than love' date=' than money, than fame, give me a chartered standard stadium.[/quote']

That's the truth of the matter, if the objective is to compete with United, Chelsea, Real and the rest.

Now, if you'd said rather than love, than fame, than truth, give me chartered standard stadium, then you would have hurt!

That's the truth of the matter, if the objective is to compete with United, Chelsea, Real and the rest.

Now, if you'd said rather than love, than fame, than truth, give me chartered standard stadium, then you would have hurt!

United have always had a bigger following than us, they had a bigger following and more money when we were wiping the floor with them, Chelsea are a freak of nature and it still isn't confirmed that they can continue along their current path.

We don't have to compete off the field, we have to compete on it first, we won't fill a 40'000 stadium if we continue to starve the first team of investment.

See this new shared stadium, Where will we put the Flame, the Shankley statue, the paisley gates?

What colour will the seats be? Will there be two trophy rooms, two managers offices, two board rooms, two home dressing rooms, blue bars ,red bars?

Will there be a Kop? If so will 20,000 blues sit on it every other week.

When will play them as the away side to they get to shout at us from the Kop.

Will there be mementos from famous games past ie Rush scoring in the FA cup final against them?

It will not fucking work and would have to be a massive compromise from both clubs. Neither deserve that.

Our new home if we get one should be a shrine, a cathedral to all things Liverpool FC. Not some soulless white seated compromise were we have to walk past Dixie Dean to sit at the away end in our own ground.

From the same article, it shows that we are punching well below out weight in only one area. The stadium.

Shirt/Merch rev.

United: 70m

Us: 67m

Chelsea: 52m

Arsenal: 48m

TV:

United: 100m

Chelsea: 79m

Arsenal: 75m

Us: 75m

Now the real bitch, the Stadium:

United: 108m

Arsenal's new stadium: 100m

Chelsea: 74m

Us: 42m

I was quite surprised by those when reading the article cos the cynic in me assumed we would be quite a way back in terms of shirts sales, commercial income but we are up there with the rest. The stadium is the killer though

Exactly. There is definitely a way of filling seats for smaller games and getting big bucks for bigger games. As we can see, we sell as many shirts as United, we know we can rival their fan base but we can't match their 90k seater stadium. Arsenal are the stand out here. They get 100m just from their stadium's matchday revenue. A new stadium could see us get some real cash that would pay for the stadium in the short term (along with sponsorship) and lead us to be very well off and totally self sufficient in the long term.

What might happen if we get ourt own stadium is that they could allocate alot of seats to corporate hospitality suites etc to generate more income. One one hand it gest us more money but on the other hand it attarcts more prawn sandwich eaters.

Oh yeah' date=' the footy behemoth that is NUFC![/quote']

Mock all you want but the fact is Newcastle is a comparable sized city to Liverpool but doesnt have it`s populations loyalties split between two Premiership clubs.

We deffo need a bigger stadium tho and I hope we finally manage to get one but there`s no way we would fill 70,000 seats on a regular basis.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
no way we would fill 70,000 seats on a regular basis.

Based on what?

Oh, and Newcastle isn't anywhere near the same population as Liverpool. That's without counting all of the surrounding areas. It isn't even close.

List of English districts by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

As I said before we can sell out a 70,000 seater stadium it's just having different pricing structures.

If we can sell out Anfield at near £40 a ticket then sell 45,000 tickets at £40. Then sort out the rest, be it via new season ticket holders. Student tickets for local Uni's. Cheap lad and Dad tickets for local deprived areas, bunch of cheap tickets to local schools.

Not to mention you've got the corporates. We'll sell out easily, if mentioned we go about it the right way.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
As I said before we can sell out a 70,000 seater stadium it's just having different pricing structures.

If we can sell out Anfield at near £40 a ticket then sell 45,000 tickets at £40. Then sort out the rest, be it via new season ticket holders. Student tickets for local Uni's. Cheap lad and Dad tickets for local deprived areas, bunch of cheap tickets to local schools.

Not to mention you've got the corporates. We'll sell out easily, if mentioned we go about it the right way.

If only we had a decade long waiting list to fall back on. Wait a minute!

Not to mention that people, especially families, would come if there were better facilities and activities on offer. I don't mean activities in the coconut shy, cheerleaders way, either.

If only we had a decade long waiting list to fall back on. Wait a minute!

Not to mention that people, especially families, would come if there were better facilities and activities on offer. I don't mean activities in the coconut shy, cheerleaders way, either.

The list doesn't exist, that's not to say there aren't people waiting though.

Based on what?

Oh, and Newcastle isn't anywhere near the same population as Liverpool. That's without counting all of the surrounding areas. It isn't even close.

List of English districts by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liverpool 435,00

Newcastle upon Tyne 273,00

North Tyneside 197,00 total 470,000

I might be jockeying the figures to suit my arguement but the fact is Newcastle don`t have to share their heartlands with another local club we do.

Imagine how many fans we`d have if Everton didnt exist.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Liverpool 435,00

Newcastle upon Tyne 273,00

North Tyneside 197,00 total 470,000

I might be jockeying the figures to suit my arguement but the fact is Newcastle don`t have to share their heartlands with another local club we do.

Imagine how many fans we`d have if Everton didnt exist.

You are jockeying the figures. If you want to add in the rest of our close supporter base, we smash them out of the water. Not even close.

City will be finished within the next four years! Totally unworkable business plan. The others, United excepted won't be too far ahead regarding actual income, I don't think Chelsea have that many fans.

As Tom has said, there are no guarantees we will, bar the odd occassion, fill a 70'000 stadium, 60'000 is much more realistic, 50'000 a more realistic starting point.

If were as big a club as we think, we should be able to fill 60k each week, 65k at a push, with the ability to fill a 70k for the biggest games. If the Geordies can average 50k a season, we should certainly be aiming higher.

However, Id agree total capacity is not the main issue, whats key side from ensuring they have enough basic seats, is to have enopugh corporate boxes s, hospitality as that wher teh cash is. The Emirates holds less people than Old trafford, but Arsenal have more corporate facilities. Hence they took took just 6m less last season compared with United (United made 101m, Arsenal 95m). Cheslea made 74m from matchday whilst we took just 39m. So we took just 40% of Uniteds match day revenue.

* from this season deloitte rich list http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-Israel/Local%20Assets/Documents/Deloitte_FML_0708.pdf

So its not all about maximum capacity but who we get in the seats we do and the price variations across the ground. A higher max capacity would enable wide pricing bands, which would, hopefully, enable them to keep some seats cheaper whilst offering hospitality to the suits for alot more.

Quite frankly I would rather be dressed up in a R2D2 suit whilst Ashley Cole sticks mobiles up me arse' date=' with John Terry forcing my mouth open and tickling my tonsils with little bits of cat shit and the Neville brothers having a bukkake over me than share a stadium. Quite frankly.[/quote']

A floating voter then, what would make you commit one way or tuther ?

Could not make it Graham as I was selling dodgy t-shirts and scarfs, but Mick, yes Mick said it was a really good meeting.

Spoke with a few of the members upstairs in the club, and the presentation went down well with them, and there really good men so I was pleased something has been looked at.

Keep it going mate.

You seem surprised, should I not be saying anything positive Al ?