You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shared stadium is a no no,bayern and 1860 share however that is about to change.when the new stadium was built they had something like a 50/50 share of it,however 1860 started to have money problems so sold a 25% of there stake in the ground to bayern.there money problems grew worse so they sold the last 25% to bayern and agreed to pay them rent to use the ground but that hasn't helped them and they are now going back to the original home because it makes better financial sence.

I'm sure Purslow will deny he attended any groundshare meeting, while instructing his footstool John Thompson not to run with anything in the Echo.

I have a vision of Puslow being like the Red Queen in the Alice in Wonderland trailer. "I need a pig here! I love a warm pig belly for my aching feet." Thompson slides into view on his back, coming to rest underneath Purslow's feet.

Edited by Anubis

The same people crying about a shared stadium are probably the same cry babies complaining about Rafa not been given any money.

The truth is out there and unfortunately it isnt very nice.

The reality is the Owners need a new stadiium to realise there profit goals and will do whatever it takes to achieve it.

BTW its March the 1st

Share a stadium with the cunts who that on a weekly basis sing songs about the 2 biggest tradegy that our club was involved in , I'd never step foot in it and to be honest I'd say that'll be the end of football to me. How the fuck some people are even warming to the idea is shocking.

I just want those 2 cunts to die now and it might sound Ironic given the start of the post but I'd gladly sing songs about G&H croacking it.

Only one club wins if we share a stadium' date=' and it aint our club.[/quote']

It depends which perspective you look at it from

Hicks and Gillett wouldnt consider it if it didnt suit there agenda.

However what happens when Everton default on there loan payments, do we have our ground repossessed?

If it were to happen I can at least thank the two cunts that run our club for making one of the hardest decisions of my life easy. I would give up any association with LFC.

I hate everything about modern football but I love this club. It becomes more and more difficult to reconcile the two. This would solve it for good.

How does a shared stadium help twit and twat? Surely they'd want ownership of the place for them to make the club a more attractive product when they put it up for sale. It won't happen.

Another reason why it won't happen is that I am planning to kill all the main advocates of this monstrous idea. First Broomhead, then Andy Burnham, then Purselow, Kenwright and then this little twat who drinks in the Royal Standard on Leyfield Road in West Derby. He's got no views on a shared stadium but I just don't like him.

It depends which perspective you look at it from

Hicks and Gillett wouldnt consider it if it didnt suit there agenda.

However what happens when Everton default on there loan payments, do we have our ground repossessed?

How it's in there interest to groundshare is beyond me.Infact I would say it is the last thing they want,unless they have a buyer for the club who insists on a new stadium being part of the deal of there buying of the club.

The big money earner for them is on the naming of the stadium and also on the leasing of outlets.Then there is the hiring out of the ground for events etc.The potential revenue of owning there own stadium is the big cash cow for them.

Another point why I dont think the groundshare is down to them unless they have a buyer in place is the fact they wont be here if it did go ahead.

There is a small matter of a £100 million to be found by summer.

They can't refinace without reducing the debt by that amount with RBS.Thats why they have been trying to get another party to invest in the club.

They wont put there own money into us,because they dont have the funds to build the new stadium,so any money they could put into the club for players would not be in there interests one bit.

That's why Rafa had to get as much as he could for Alonso to allow himself to buy players.That's why he couldn't buy in january window because the bank will only sanction us buying players through either the owners using there own money or through the sale of players.

Hence my feeling of why if we are going to buy players for next season,is for him to sell players or a top player we already have.Which my gut feeling is the chief being the one.

I could be wrong but that's why I can not see the groundshare being on there agenda in anway at all.

Anfield could be re-done up to about 65,000 I reckon.

Massive new Main Stand like Man United's huge one and a bigger dragged back Anny Road.

Wont happen though, it would take seasons to do and we'd have to play at a reduced crowd for some of it.

Pity you never made it to the Union AGM yesterday. You'd have seen a presentation that disagreed with your pessimism.

Purslows number one priority? I thought it was finding a buyer. If were not interested in groundshare, then why have we attended?

Al, not certain if you were at the AGM yesterday but this is part of the discussions that have started about refurbished stadiums and a Football Quarter not ground share.

Although I agree we need to be very wary about it drifting in that direction.

You only need to see Arsenal reducing there debt to show we need a ground and we need it now.

if we all agree that, then however much it hurts, the joint stadium has to be discussed.

Its no good sticking our fingers in our ears. We are standing still, which in premier league terms means were falling back, we have to arrest that now, another couple of seasons and it will be too late.

It would also be much more attractive for potential investors if we agree this. It cant hurt to talk and explore the possiblity. Shared building costs, shared overheads, but with our own gate receipts (ie we keep what we make on our matchdays) makes clear financial sense.

I guess it depends what people find more palatable, a mid table side or a share with Everton and a better team able to compete ? Surely it cant hurt to explore the possibility ?

My only caveat, as it is to most of these things, is, not whilst the currrent owners are in charge. Id not want them to stay and benefit.

Only one club wins if we share a stadium' date=' and it aint our club.[/quote']

Why Mick ? Why do we lose ?

We cannot compete now, financially, we will not be able to compete financially in the future unless we get a new ground.

I agree Everton will gain more, but then isnt it better to have two strong teams in Liverpool, than two weak teams ?

What would we lose ? We'd share building costs and once built the running costs, gain a greater grant from NWDA and possibly the council. We'd gain a bigger naming rights as its for two clubs, twice the exposure etc

So we'd halve our building and running costs, get more from a naming deal, get more in grants, which would all reduce the burden on our club to finance the deal, thus freeing up more money to put into the playing side, which of course is what matters. Where do we lose ? i not want it now, with twit and twat, agreed, but once they are gone, itd be mad NOT to look at it.

Surely we need to ask what we need for the club and the best way to achieve it, rather than dismiss things out of hand because of prejudice and pride ? (do you see what I did there?)

If we do share a stadium then perhaps we can do what Sporting have done and have multi coloured seats to effect a full stadium when in fact it is empty! We will have to do something because we won't be able to draw any attention to the fact it is the home of Liverpool Football Club.

A line has to be drawn somewhere and this is a long way past that line, if sharing a stadium is the price we pay for the league title then I am out, we don't want it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Can any of the resident SoS committee members tell me their official position on a new stadium v redevelopment of Anfield.

I hope that you guys haven't got an anti new stadium agenda that you're going to be pushing, have you?

I think we should just jack it all in and turn Liverpool FC into a chain of restaurants.

I can remember my first visit to the re built Stamford Bridge in 2000 and laughing as their fans were queing to get into the club pubs outside the ground to watch the match, standing their with tickets for the pub!

It's getting that way, we'll be watching Liverpool in the Odeon before long in fucking 3D!

Can any of the resident SoS committee members tell me their official position on a new stadium v redevelopment of Anfield.

I hope that you guys haven't got an anti new stadium agenda that you're going to be pushing, have you?

Do you not think in the absence of huge investment, then re-building the Main stand and increasing the attendance to 50 thousand is not a plausible option?

See how we go and then look to the Anfield road and filling in the corners would add another ten thousand to that, should the need arise. It's certainly worth considering, certainly a lot more than a ground share.