You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd effectively lose around a third of our match day seating and one assumes a third of our match day revenue. We simply cant afford it.

Personally, given the options of staying in a huge amount of debt or not being able to compete due to lack of funds, unless a benevolent owner comes in then sharing gets a better financial option by the day. Get the NWDC to build it and pay for it along with the local council, throw Tescos in for good measure, horrible, but if it means we get a 70k stadium and can financially stand toe to toe with Citeh, United and Chelsea again then hell, lets take it.

For good measure ?

You cannot be serious.

What's the definitive word on developing Anfield? It would cheaper to buy off the houses surrounding Anfield, demolish them and expand the main stand than building a whole new stadium. And remaining at a limited Anfield is preferable to ever sharing with the BS on a permanent basis.

We'd effectively lose around a third of our match day seating and one assumes a third of our match day revenue. We simply cant afford it. However, if we earn 1.5m a matchday, even if it took 3 years, it'd still be far cheaper to do up anfield than saddle ourselves with 400m debt.

I wonder if the issues are more to do with the current structure and how safe/unsafe it is. i seem to remember the top tier of the Anny road stand having problems after a celtic game once.

Personally, given the options of staying in a huge amount of debt or not being able to compete due to lack of funds, unless a benevolent owner comes in then sharing gets a better financial option by the day. Get the NWDC to build it and pay for it along with the local council, throw Tescos in for good measure, horrible, but if it means we get a 70k stadium and can stand toe to toe with Citeh, United and Chelsea again then hell, lets take it.

For good measure ?

You cannot be serious.

How far down the road of debt should we go before we have to take it seriously ?

Seriously, I thought we had reached consensus that, reluctantly we needed a bigger stadium, to make more money in order to compete and that was before the whole '240m' of american debt was on the scene. Surely its even more important now, than ever before, to ensure we maximise our matchday income.

We would be in our shiny new stadium right now if it wern't for the mis-management and lack of forethought of Moore's / Parry and co. As mentioned - Arsenal have already stolen a march on us, like the mancs did years ago with their stadia develpment The club has been and is in the dark ages. When we were at the top we stood still instead of looking to the future.

How far down the road of debt should we go before we have to take it seriously ?

Seriously, I thought we had reached consensus that, reluctantly we needed a bigger stadium, to make more money in order to compete and that was before the whole '240m' of american debt was on the scene. Surely its even more important now, than ever before, to ensure we maximise our matchday income.

Of course we need a larger stadium to compete better.

Naming rights is something that we will have to get used to but I'd like to think we can do a tad better than fuckin Tesco's. Wouldn't you ?

Personally, I think this is only a matter of time if G&H stay in charge. They won't ignore the financial benefits, and that's all they care about. They'll build a shared ground, sell the naming rights, and laugh all the way to the bank.

We'd effectively lose around a third of our match day seating and one assumes a third of our match day revenue. We simply cant afford it. However, if we earn 1.5m a matchday, even if it took 3 years, it'd still be far cheaper to do up anfield than saddle ourselves with 400m debt.

I wonder if the issues are more to do with the current structure and how safe/unsafe it is. i seem to remember the top tier of the Anny road stand having problems after a celtic game once.

Personally, given the options of staying in a huge amount of debt or not being able to compete due to lack of funds, unless a benevolent owner comes in then sharing gets a better financial option by the day. Get the NWDC to build it and pay for it along with the local council, throw Tescos in for good measure, horrible, but if it means we get a 70k stadium and can stand toe to toe with Citeh, United and Chelsea again then hell, lets take it.

I can't see it being as much as that. If we were to redevelop on a stand by stand basis the lowest capaicity i can see us having is about 35k.

Completely rebuild the Anny rd end first. we'd lose 9k in capacity but i reckon we could add about 6k to that stand capacity by adding a third tier and sorting out the shitty little upper tier.

when done that'd increase the capaity to about 51k. Then we'd decommission the main stand, losing approx 12k thus giving us a capacity of about 38-39k. Make that a huge 3 or 4 tier stand adding anywhere between 8-15k to the capacity.

and there we have our 60k+ stadium.

easy. jobs a good un. i'm off for a pint.

tbh i'm so sick of waiting for a season ticket and title 19 +........................i wouldnt mind as much as i would of done like i did in the past.knowing us though,itll be to small and under the 70,000 seater we need

it would be funny seeing the blue shite playing in a half empty stadium every week too!

But all of the money from the Super-Duper Dixie Dean Memorial Dome will go into G&H's pockets. So as well as being as skint as we are now, we'll be skint in bed with Everton.

Its short term nonsense to share a ground. EVERY team that has shared in the past regrets it 10 / 20 years down the line once the initial financial "win" has come and gone. How much do you think Liverpool would get for Naming Rights? How much would Everton get? Then how much would we get together?

What you are advocating is a cas cow for G&H and Everton. Nice one.

Everton and Liverpool FC meet for stadium talks

One option that may be examined during the meeting is the "football quarter" put forward by fans' group Keep Everton in Our City (KEIOC).

The KEIOC idea would see Goodison Park rebuilt – with a hotel and other developments around Stanley Park helping pay for it.

In a separate development Liverpool Labour leader Joe Anderson is writing to EFC and LFC to suggest they enter into a feasibility study with the council about the possibility of a shared stadium. He said the option needed ruling in or out once and for all, and that above all clarity was needed.

City council leader Warren Bradley has said he thinks the idea of a football quarter based around Stanley Park is a "cracking idea".

and our stadium would go where?... thats the part that worries me, with the blueshite searching for ground to build on and us having stanley park, not building because g+h are skint,the council will put more and more pressure on us to ground share, especially with the world cup in mind.... and g+h being the money grabbing cu*ts they are will probably love the idea, save on cost, maximise short term profit, then fuk off once they've ridden the 'cash cow' and leave us fuk'd with a shared stadium..

But all of the money from the Super-Duper Dixie Dean Memorial Dome will go into G&H's pockets. So as well as being as skint as we are now, we'll be skint in bed with Everton.

Its short term nonsense to share a ground. EVERY team that has shared in the past regrets it 10 / 20 years down the line once the initial financial "win" has come and gone. How much do you think Liverpool would get for Naming Rights? How much would Everton get? Then how much would we get together?

You could be right in what you say,the thing is they might not have much choice on the matter.

I been expecting the groundshare to come back in the spotlight since the bank became mentioned being involved with the club.

To me it is more likely RBS pushing or forcing them into a groundshare.

As much as I hate the yanks,this groundshare thing has bank written all over it for so many reasons.