Quantcast
Career Change - Page 12 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest LFD

Career Change

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Thing is, I answered disagree to a job involving speaking to a group of people so my career as actor will probably be over once covid restrictions stop and the audience are allowed back in. Can always retrain again I guess. 

You could always get some tips from Simon 

FTao @Alan Sex if you are still considering the cyber , some good free resources here for the next few hours, sign up for them all and then study for free at your leisure:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kalilinux/comments/koumup/learn_ethical_hacking_in_2021_with_these_free/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

obviously open to anyone else considering a career in the cyberz 

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2020 at 00:51, Alan Sex said:

The problem with driving bus for nearly 30 years is there aren’t too many obvious transferable skills, despite the obvious front line customer service angle!

Norway need more bus drivers. 

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

FTao @Alan Sex if you are still considering the cyber , some good free resources here for the next few hours, sign up for them all and then study for free at your leisure:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kalilinux/comments/koumup/learn_ethical_hacking_in_2021_with_these_free/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

obviously open to anyone else considering a career in the cyberz 

Nice stuff. I’d put everything on the back burner, but can’t beat that price so I’m in. 

cheers!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Nice stuff. I’d put everything on the back burner, but can’t beat that price so I’m in. 

cheers!

Best to take advantage of what is gratis mate, even if you only have a look at few it’s a step up.

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

What a great 18 months to have entered the teaching profession

Lazy cunt 

I really need a career change. Now that local rags are no longer an option the main option is PR, and I can think of fewer things I'm less suited to, sat in an office full of bimbos rimming people down the phone. Kill me now. 

I'd quite like to be a Mandalorian but don't know what the real world equivalent would be. Hermes delivery driver perhaps.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to change careers to retirement, but unfortunately I've got 13 years of incrementally impecunious limbo to go. 

• Upvote 2

On 02/01/2021 at 15:37, Paulie Dangerously said:

What a great 18 months to have entered the teaching profession

Nightmare, isn't it ?

I recommend getting a cat (or two). They are great on zoom lectures.

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I'm now a qualified Proofreader/Copy-editor. Yay me.

BTW, don't be fucking critiquing my posts. I'm off the clock when I'm on here.

Nice one, start critiquing the echo, if they take yer on ye’ll be employed for years with the shite they put out.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Nice one, start critiquing the echo, if they take yer on ye’ll be employed for years with the shite they put out.

Don't, I've been looking at our news websites down this end of the world. Fucking atrocious business.

5 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Anything over 80 words is a magnum opus these days.

You shouldn't need a lie down too often.

9 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I recently corrected the grammar in a document written by a young women in my office. When I tried to explain the difference between commas and semi colons she responded by saying “well for my generation Michael, I think all this stuff is a matter of personal preference “

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I recently corrected the grammar in a document written by a young women in my office. When I tried to explain the difference between commas and semi colons she responded by saying “well for my generation Michael, I think all this stuff is a matter of personal preference and if you say otherwise I'll scream and have you cancelled “

Fixed. Idiots today.

I'm currently trying to change careers from welder to design engineer.

I was lucky enough to finish my mechanical engineering BSc in May and came out with a 2:1 (found out my result on my 40th!); but with the pandemic buggering about with everything, it's taking a little longer to get to where I want to be.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

I'm currently trying to change careers from welder to design engineer.

I was lucky enough to finish my mechanical engineering BSc in May and came out with a 2:1 (found out my result on my 40th!); but with the pandemic buggering about with everything, it's taking a little longer to get to where I want to be.

Great work mate, it'll come.

Not so much of a change of career but made the move to become self employed a couple of years back. My five year business plan was/is as follows.

Year One: Stop having to work on a daily basis in the same place as a load of cunts.

Years Two to Four: Reduce the number of times I have to work with Clients who are a load of cunts.

Year Five: Work only with Clients who aren’t a load of cunts. 

It’s important to dream big. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I recently corrected the grammar in a document written by a young women in my office. When I tried to explain the difference between commas and semi colons she responded by saying “well for my generation Michael, I think all this stuff is a matter of personal preference “

I'd have reacted badly to that.

• Upvote 1