You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Career Change

Guest LFD

• 2 months later...

FTao @Alan Sex if you are still considering the cyber , some good free resources here for the next few hours, sign up for them all and then study for free at your leisure:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kalilinux/comments/koumup/learn_ethical_hacking_in_2021_with_these_free/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

obviously open to anyone else considering a career in the cyberz 

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2020 at 00:51, Alan Sex said:

The problem with driving bus for nearly 30 years is there aren’t too many obvious transferable skills, despite the obvious front line customer service angle!

Norway need more bus drivers. 

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

FTao @Alan Sex if you are still considering the cyber , some good free resources here for the next few hours, sign up for them all and then study for free at your leisure:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kalilinux/comments/koumup/learn_ethical_hacking_in_2021_with_these_free/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

obviously open to anyone else considering a career in the cyberz 

Nice stuff. I’d put everything on the back burner, but can’t beat that price so I’m in. 

cheers!

• Upvote 1

I really need a career change. Now that local rags are no longer an option the main option is PR, and I can think of fewer things I'm less suited to, sat in an office full of bimbos rimming people down the phone. Kill me now. 

I'd quite like to be a Mandalorian but don't know what the real world equivalent would be. Hermes delivery driver perhaps.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I recently corrected the grammar in a document written by a young women in my office. When I tried to explain the difference between commas and semi colons she responded by saying “well for my generation Michael, I think all this stuff is a matter of personal preference and if you say otherwise I'll scream and have you cancelled “

Fixed. Idiots today.

I'm currently trying to change careers from welder to design engineer.

I was lucky enough to finish my mechanical engineering BSc in May and came out with a 2:1 (found out my result on my 40th!); but with the pandemic buggering about with everything, it's taking a little longer to get to where I want to be.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

I'm currently trying to change careers from welder to design engineer.

I was lucky enough to finish my mechanical engineering BSc in May and came out with a 2:1 (found out my result on my 40th!); but with the pandemic buggering about with everything, it's taking a little longer to get to where I want to be.

Great work mate, it'll come.

Not so much of a change of career but made the move to become self employed a couple of years back. My five year business plan was/is as follows.

Year One: Stop having to work on a daily basis in the same place as a load of cunts.

Years Two to Four: Reduce the number of times I have to work with Clients who are a load of cunts.

Year Five: Work only with Clients who aren’t a load of cunts. 

It’s important to dream big. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I recently corrected the grammar in a document written by a young women in my office. When I tried to explain the difference between commas and semi colons she responded by saying “well for my generation Michael, I think all this stuff is a matter of personal preference “

I'd have reacted badly to that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I recently corrected the grammar in a document written by a young women in my office. When I tried to explain the difference between commas and semi colons she responded by saying “well for my generation Michael, I think all this stuff is a matter of personal preference “

How many goes did it take to break the desk with her face? 

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2021 at 08:38, Section_31 said:

I really need a career change. Now that local rags are no longer an option the main option is PR, and I can think of fewer things I'm less suited to, sat in an office full of bimbos rimming people down the phone. Kill me now. 

I'd quite like to be a Mandalorian but don't know what the real world equivalent would be. Hermes delivery driver perhaps.

Cut out the middle man and rim the bimbos