You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Career Change

Guest LFD

I fancy a career change and need some inspiration.

Any ideas of some interesting careers? Or maybe just ways to make money?

Ideally I'd be a golfer, shame I'm rubbish at golf.

I was thinking about this a while back, and I reckon cricket commentator is the best job in the world. You get to travel about to places where it’s always summer, do 2 or 3 hours of work a day, where the work consists of watching a bit of cricket and telling a couple of anecdotes. Have a nice boozy lunch, then most likely go out on the piss of an evening as you only start work at 11am.

I was thinking about this a while back, and I reckon cricket commentator is the best job in the world. You get to travel about to places where it’s always summer, do 2 or 3 hours of work a day, where the work consists of watching a bit of cricket and telling a couple of anecdotes. Have a nice boozy lunch, then most likely go out on the piss of an evening as you only start work at 11am.

Yeah but you'd have to go to shit holes like Bangladesh or Pakistan.

Even worse meet loads of arrogant South Africans.

See it has already been proven that I dobn't start the most threads on here.

I work in Insurance. But it is dull and I would like to do something new.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
See it has already been proven that I dobn't start the most threads on here.

I work in Insurance. But it is dull and I would like to do something new.

Okay, so your main problem is the mundane, day-to-day banality of your job, right?

That at least gives you a direction in which to search.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Correct.

Good. Now, expand more and you'll be able to expect more sterling help. Do you have any hobbies, other than golf, that you would enjoy making money from?

I'd like freedom, I quite like the idea of being my own boss.

Don't mind working hard, when I know I'll reap all the rewards.

Don't fancy doing a trade though.

Don't you get paid for being a sperm donor?

I think so. But there are now rules that allow the child tyo find you if you are the donor and legally you do have rights of responsibility now. Also the moral obligation. I couldnt do it- knowing how much my little one means to me.

LFD- do you need an outdoors style job?

without being boring and bringing this thread down, sustainability and compliance is the industry i am in, and i enjoy it, but there is a great deal of potential to be self empliyed and earn decent money from the industry.

Climate change and carbon reduction is such a hot topic globally that the amount of work will only expand in the near future, and when the topic begins to die down if at all, there will be inevitable spin offs.

consider Code for Sustainable Homes assessments as a genuine possibility. PM me if you want any more info.