You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David James

PaulMcC

I fucking hate him.

He stopped Roy Evans winning the league at least once. Nintendo or Playstation or whatever shit he was on about.

If we'd have won one of them leagues we'd have won a lot more.

Coventry at home was the worst. I was only about 15 or maybe younger but I'll always remember that game we lost 2-1 cos of him.

Less random than trying to stick up for someone who doesn't manage us everytime somone mentions him.

I don't know who you are talking about but surely it is less random to respond to someone on a topic already being discussed than to start a thread about a match we lost about 15 years ago...

For me, I thought the tipping point on here was when someone suggested that Keegan should be the new manager, we all saw that through with minimal damage, but I forsee a time, in the not too distant future when some blert suggests that we make an offer to re~sign James and that is the point where Dave should admit that the Bleasdale/Momo cover story was one thing and just shut the site down once and for all. Some of us know that Bleasdale is just a 'patsy' and Dave is the real Momo, but any suggestion of James coming back is beyond salvation.

Why blame the player? Was Roy Evans forced at gunpoint to continue selecting this clown? To be fair James started pretty well when Roy first took over. But when the Calamity persona took over Evans should've ditched the idiot.

I think he's reason we didn't win it and we had Tony Warner on the bench.

His admission that his concentration wasn't as good as it should be because of some games console makes him worse than most players.

I think he's reason we didn't win it and we had Tony Warner on the bench.

His admission that his concentration wasn't as good as it should be because of some games console makes him worse than most players.

Wasn't really an admission though was it?

I'm probably too honest and open to have PR help | David James | Football | The Observer

My worst media moment happened many years ago, during an interview with a broadsheet newspaper. We sat in the car talking for ages and, right at the end, I mentioned that I used to play computer games for up to eight hours at a time. Later on that day I phoned the journalist and asked if he wouldn't mind cutting that bit out. He said his editor really liked it so they'd rather not. I thought: "Oh well, sod it. What's the harm?" The next thing I knew it was being reported that I was addicted to computer games. That was 13 years ago and people still talk about it today. Even now I'll be in goal and someone will yell: "Oi Jamo, where's your Nintendo?" I've had to accept that it will always be remembered.[/quoteIT]

Couldn't agree more, what I can't stand about him is the fact he always smiles when he makes one of his many fuck-ups, but when you hear him interviewed he actually thinks he's a serious football man with some considerable standing in the game. He looked promising as a youngster but just turned into a fucking clown, the fact he's anywhere near the England squad is a national joke.

He's one of those people, like Richard Madeley, who isn't quite clever enough to realise that he's not actually very clever. I'll never forget a programme a few years ago when he was walking around an art gallery, pointing at Lowry sketches and saying things like, 'Ah, I could do that better. The perspective's wrong for a start. I think I would've used watercolours for that...' and generally reflecting on his own artistic oeuvre. A buffoon who, terrifyingly, now seems to think he's a kind of mentor and wise old head!

He's one of those people, like Richard Madeley, who isn't quite clever enough to realise that he's not actually very clever. I'll never forget a programme a few years ago when he was walking around an art gallery, pointing at Lowry sketches and saying things like, 'Ah, I could do that better. The perspective's wrong for a start. I think I would've used watercolours for that...' and generally reflecting on his own artistic oeuvre. A buffoon who, terrifyingly, now seems to think he's a kind of mentor and wise old head!

Absolutely brilliant, repped to fuck.

Yep.

He's a fucking tit. He can stick his Observer column up his arse. It irritates me when he's portrayed as 'the thinking man's footballer' when like you said, he's not quite clever enough to realise that he's in fact not very clever. Writing a column for a Sunday broadsheet about environmental issues and listening to Radio 4 does not make you intelligent by default. He always comes across as a prick as well when he's getting interviewed.

I really should move on but I suppose I am bitter to an extent about 96/97. I remember the first time I ever heard my grandad swear was when he dropped me and my uncle off after the Man Utd game and he told some young lad wearing a goalie top with '1 James' on the back to 'take that fucking jersey off now, he doesn't deserve to be a Liverpool player.' I think if you motivate my grandad to swear, then you're a cunt.

• 2 months later...

DAVID JAMES IN POMPEY FRAME

Portsmouth administrator Andrew Andronikou has confirmed he will be discussing the club's vacant managerial position with David James.

The south coast outfit are on the lookout for a new man at the helm following Avram Grant's resignation on Thursday evening.

Grant led the club to the FA Cup final, although he was unable to prevent their relegation after being hit with a nine-point penalty by the Premier League.

Andronikou knows James, who has been offered new terms, is keen on football management and intends to discuss the club's situation with him.

"I believe David wants to go into management one day, although I'm not sure if this will be too soon for him," said Andronikou.

"But he is one of the most articulate guys I have ever met and I shall be discussing the situation with him."

Football365 | All The News | Football News | DAVID JAMES IN POMPEY FRAME