You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carra nodding the first on his debut against villa

stevie g coming on against celta vigo, even though 1 down (3 behind on agg) still tried to beat the keeper from 40 yards

kuyt's first touch in a liverpool shirt was a thirty yard shot against west ham

even though i cant stand the manc twat now, i remember owen scoring against wimbledon, but that was away, did he score in his first home game

This dates me badly, but I was at Kevin Keegan's home league debut in '71 against Nottingham Forest. He scored our first in a 3-1 and was otherwise an absolute revelation.

My choice also. Saw it in black and white on MOTD. Think he won a penalty as well. Over the previous few years, there had been a few players we had thought would be the superstar who would take us right back to the top. Some stayed on and became key players, others faded, but with Keegan you just knew this was something special.

An instant hit, and a title win the following season.

Have we checked out Scunthorpe's players recently? First we got Clemence from them, then Keegan. Even allowing for inflation and the fact that a big transfer fee in those days was anything over £100,000, the £18k and £35k those two cost were among the best bargains we ever had.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I have a theory that the world changed with Rob Jones's injury. I think it may have caused global warming, the Iraq war and the disappearance of Ladysmith Black Mambazo from the pop charts.

But I can't be sure.

Saw them in the Philharmonic last November, surreal night

Ronnie Rosenthal.

Fowler's debut was the first leg away at Fulham, the five goals came in his second game. Think he scored one in the away game.

To you who mentioned Collymore, were you at that game? I was and he was average at best I seem to remember. Won it with a thunderbolt, but that was about it as far as I recall. Apart from the temperature that day, tropical day in the Kop.

Correct. He waa having a poor game then scored a 30yd thunderbolt with his wrong foot. Sums up a lot of his career really.

defo go with that one! he was perfect that day

and for some reason bjorn tore kvarme springs to mind haha he was great against arsenal at highbury but i dont know if that was his debut or the first time i'd seen him play?

i thought he was going to be superb! hahahaha

Kvarme's debut was at anfield I think and maybe against Villa?? As I recall (could be totally wrong!) he had a shocking debut then looked really good for a while before turning out to be shit after all!

carra nodding the first on his debut against villa

stevie g coming on against celta vigo, even though 1 down (3 behind on agg) still tried to beat the keeper from 40 yards

kuyt's first touch in a liverpool shirt was a thirty yard shot against west ham

even though i cant stand the manc twat now, i remember owen scoring against wimbledon, but that was away, did he score in his first home game

I was hoping to be the first to remind people. He came on, received the ball from a throw on the left and leathered it at goal. Direct was just what we needed.

I was at Ow**'s debut as well at Wimbledon. We knew what we had when the previous season the whole ground cheered when he came out (last) to receive his FA Youth Cup winner's medal at half-time, but to see him out there (and giving Robbie a kick up the backside, to be honest) was fantastic. Or did he never play for us?

I remember Kvarme's too, and Stig "worship bowing" to him as they walked to the Kop after the game. He had played well to be honest. If he could do it, there's hope for us all.