You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well Done Rafa & Kuyt

Red Nick

Sorry, i cannot give either credit, Kuyt is just about playing at an acceptable level, that's the minimum that should be expected.

As for Rafa, injuries or not this has been an abysmal season which has showcased abysmal management. Liverpool play the worst football i have seen for a longtime, away from home we are absolutely dismal and negative. Alot of the players just get the ball and make pointless passes, we are so bad that i actually hate watching us play football. So i am certainly not going to praise Rafa or Kuyt, they should be the ones praising the fans as at any other club neither of these two would still be there.

Fucking hell. And yet more arrive, ready to pray at the altar of Jose Mourhino.

Kut has dragged us out of the shit on a fair few occasions this season. Spurs for example.

Benitez, whilst admittedly not having his greatest season, has of late got us back to basics- not conceding goals. If you don't concede, you don't lose. Unfortunately, that has come at the expense of an attacking, eye-pleasing style of play. You cannot have it both ways- if we had turned up at Citeh playing 4-4-2, we would have been beaten. He played to avoid defeat, which is what we needed. We don't have the attacking options (or at least, we haven't had lately due to injury) to allow us to play attacking football. Of course, that could be seen as Benitez's fault for getting rid of Crouch, Keane and Bellamy, but that discussion isn't for here; you cannot change what has been.

Now that Benayoun and Torres are back, and that Johnson is due back soon, I fancy us to be a little more progressive and attack minded.

Well, one can only hope.

Kut has dragged us out of the shit on a fair few occasions this season. Spurs for example.

Benitez, whilst admittedly not having his greatest season, has of late got us back to basics- not conceding goals. If you don't concede, you don't lose. Unfortunately, that has come at the expense of an attacking, eye-pleasing style of play. You cannot have it both ways- if we had turned up at Citeh playing 4-4-2, we would have been beaten. He played to avoid defeat, which is what we needed. We don't have the attacking options (or at least, we haven't had lately due to injury) to allow us to play attacking football. Of course, that could be seen as Benitez's fault for getting rid of Crouch, Keane and Bellamy, but that discussion isn't for here; you cannot change what has been.

Now that Benayoun and Torres are back, and that Johnson is due back soon, I fancy us to be a little more progressive and attack minded.

Well, one can only hope.

Clearly you have low expectations....

Liverpool out of the league, champ league group stages, Fa cup to lower league opposition once again and out of Carling cup.

Additionally, we are playing terrible football and have looked like underdogs in matches even against the likes of Spurs at home.

Rafa's management has been a disaster and until us fans start to voice our dissaproval we are going to continue to be served this absolute crap and hear his media spin to detract the focus away from his shocking management decisions - i refuse to list them all, they are obvious to everyone who is not blinkered.

Kuyt is playing at a decent level but that is what is expected of him, i am not paying tribute to him now because he is playing ok as opposed to the dismal nature of his performances earlier season.

As for the Citeh game, you sometimes need to risk losing to win, thats the mantra every team that has won the premier league has, Rafa is too concerned with not losing and that's why we create 0 opportunities and play crap football!

Now if we are in a poor predicament that is down to Rafa - simple as. I am sick of hearing people defending him after an abysmal season, what less do people want? 4th place is not good enough me at all - 6 years at the club and we have regressed to the point that Spurs Citeh Villa are arguably just as strong as us.

In the summer would you trust this man to buy players that will help Liverpool move forward.

I am not calling for Jose but an appreciation of Rafa's terrible management, he doesn't deserve to be in charge after this season.

Darnells

Absolutely spot on in your post. Can't disagree with much of that to be honest. We've been absolute rubbish.

No way should Rafa keep his job beyond this summer. What was the rush in giving him a new 5 year contract? Still had a year left, could have seen if the 2nd place finish last season was a freak occurrence for him and the team (which it now appears it was)

Just because people don't think there are better manangers out there doesn't mean we stick with Rafa for another 5 years. His boring, defensive, negative tactics will never win us the league. We're better trying with someone else rather than giving him 10 years to keep making the same mistakes

Depends how you judge the season. If it means being in the title hunt and in the hunt for a decent cup then the season was over a long time ago. If you're happy with a tin cup and being in the race for 4th, then the season is alive

The season for me has been a disaster. Not only have we had poor results, but we've played some piss poor football too. Makes it even worse

Fair is Fair. We havn't completely fucked up yet. The seasons not over yet though.

But I just can't back up your feelings for Kuyt. He's been piss poor and even his "good" spell is nothing to be shouting about.

Just to explain better, I mean in relation to 4th place.

Everything else has been a monumental fuck up.

Well, one can only hope.

Kuyt has been shite most of the season and Benitez kept playing him.

You can't defend and attack?

You can stop it from happening again by sacking the man whos fault it is.

Ben, you do post some really funny stuff but I have a horrible feeling you're not joking here.

Put your hands up and step away from the opinion.

Kuyt is in double figures and our second top scorer this season – also second in the hallowed goals/game ratio.

He scored double figures last season and was third top behind Torres and Gerrard.

He has some major flaws, a shitty first touch, and is an inconsistent finisher. Still I reckon your obsession with him is blinding you a bit towards some much worse flaws in our team Stringy old bean.

Whats really beginning to piss me off personally. Is the fact that a significant number of people seem to think that Kuyt playing utterly dung week in week out can be excused by his ability to chip in with the odd goal.

I've always like Dirk. But at this point we really should be looking at getting someone else in at right wing. Dirk had a good season there last year but i'd be very surprised if he manages to hit those heights ever again.

Rafas had an unlucky season this year with injuries and some terrible bad luck(i.e Beach Ball) but we've played some seriously shit football and over the past maybe 2 years we've made some seriously bad signings which have significantly helped us to end up at this point.

In my opinion Rafa deserves another crack at it next year. But come this summer(if he has any money) and he pisses it away on another bunch of shit players then hes fucked.Because we'll get nowhere and he'll be out of excuses.

Because even in the eyes of some of Rafa's critics we could win it, so we need it to be as low status as possible.

LFC play football to win trophies. There's a lower level European trophy to win that we havent won yet, it will end a bad season on a high and it will help our coefficient (I think).

The only reason to diss it is to want us to lose on purpose to show how shit we are. That's plain wrong and childish.

I think a fair point is being made here. Around 6 weeks ago we were well out of it ('it' being the race for fourth - obviously we know this isn't where we want to be, but within the context of this poor season it is the battle we are fighting).

We have picked it up and fourth is a possiblity. I think we will do it if we have a good run in and Nando and Stevie start clicking again.

As ever, I'm waiting to the end of the season to judge properly.

Excatly and Zigactly makes very good points as well but nail on the head when you use the word context.