You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

21 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

World Class. I was always a PES guy and I haven’t had one of them for a good few years but I still know how to play footy games. I had one game on Semi-Pro and one on Professional but realised pretty quickly that all you had to do was give it to Salah and run on those levels. 

For now at least, I’m still struggling to get to grips with the defending on World Class. 

Yeah that's always been my issue. 

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Yeah that's always been my issue. 

I think I’m getting the most success by just maintaining everyone’s correct position. Don’t let your centre backs get pulled over to the wing, use the pressure button and try to use the midfielders to cut the passing lanes. 

Then you’ve obviously got to hope the computer doesn’t fuck you over, which it often does.  

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think I’m getting the most success by just maintaining everyone’s correct position. Don’t let your centre backs get pulled over to the wing, use the pressure button and try to use the midfielders to cut the passing lanes. 

Then you’ve obviously got to hope the computer doesn’t fuck you over, which it often does.  

Play with a DM and when the opposition attacks just control him, let the AI control the centre halves until you have no choice. And learn how to properly use right stick switching.

Most people struggle on the higher levels because they charge out of position. You have to accept that on World Class and above the other team will have a lot of ball, you have to defend patiently.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Play with a DM and when the opposition attacks just control him, let the AI control the centre halves until you have no choice. And learn how to properly use right stick switching.

Most people struggle on the higher levels because they charge out of position. You have to accept that on World Class and above the other team will have a lot of ball, you have to defend patiently.

I’m enjoying it after not playing footy games for a few years now. She’s just took the girls away to her mate’s for the weekend and I’m looking forward to putting a few hours in before they get back. 

I definitely get the “patiently” bit. Not got a clue about right stick switching though. I also need to practice free kicks and corners but when I put the game on I just dive into my career. I guess I’ll just pick it up as I go along. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m enjoying it after not playing footy games for a few years now. She’s just took the girls away to her mate’s for the weekend and I’m looking forward to putting a few hours in before they get back. 

I definitely get the “patiently” bit. Not got a clue about right stick switching though. I also need to practice free kicks and corners but when I put the game on I just dive into my career. I guess I’ll just pick it up as I go along. 

Right stick switching is just a quicker way to change player; helps massively with defending but takes a bit of practice to get right. Loads of YouTube videos on it if you can be arsed.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, redheart said:

I would like some recommendations on games for the PS5 that myself and my 7 year old can play together?

Fenyx Rising is great, not sure if there is a PS5 version but could play the PS4 one.

40 minutes ago, redheart said:

I would like some recommendations on games for the PS5 that myself and my 7 year old can play together?

It Takes Two, Unravel 2, Sackboy: A Big Adventure. A few there. Might have to help on slightly tricky sections but should keep you both occupied.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Fenyx Rising is great, not sure if there is a PS5 version but could play the PS4 one.

There is a PS5 version it's very good. Ratchet & Clank is boss as is Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

On 08/03/2022 at 15:20, redheart said:

Again - It takes two

Brilliant game, makes me sad that I can't play it for the first time again with my lad. 

You can't go wrong with the lego games, they cover so many IPs, just pick the lego version of whatever he's into. 

Cat quest 2

Rayman legends

Borderlands 1/2/3 will keep you busy for a long time if you play that with him, it's kind of violent but it's cartoonish and I think there's a setting to turn the blood off. 

Got a Series X last week and i've mainly been flying around on Flight Sim, in between that i've started Cyberpunk (decent if a little linear, so far), and have downloaded Guardians of the Galaxy, Forza Horizons 5 and FAR : Changing Tides on Gamepass. The latter is a lovely little game, reminds me a lot of the animation style used in the video for Pyramid Song by Radiohead.

I’ve been waiting and waiting to get a PS5 before buying the new Horizon game but still can’t get one at a price I’m prepared to pay. So, with a grim dose of Covid in our house this week, I went and bought it for the PS4 and it’s brilliant. Almost certainly has kept me sane (between the bouts of coughing and lying in bed feeling sorry for myself). 

• 4 weeks later...