You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Anyone tired the Doom Beta yet? 

I downloaded it but it doesn't seem like many people have because I can't get a lobby at all. 

It was all right, think I'll be picking either that or Overwatch up depending on the final look of it. Really hope they have an old-school weapon placement multiplayer mode to go alongside the boring loudout-based setup. If they do the multiplayer is more Quake than Doom, but that's a good thing imo.

This may sound really stupid but I am playing with the idea of buying dark souls 3 as it has great reviews.

I bought and played dark souls 2 and thought it was shit. It wasn't the amount of times I died more the fact it seemed very unplayable. Will dark souls 3 be very similar to 2 and as such would you advise against me buying it?

This may sound really stupid but I am playing with the idea of buying dark souls 3 as it has great reviews.

I bought and played dark souls 2 and thought it was shit. It wasn't the amount of times I died more the fact it seemed very unplayable. Will dark souls 3 be very similar to 2 and as such would you advise against me buying it?

It'll be similar so I wouldn't buy it if I was you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Upgraded hitman from the intro pack. It's fucking ace.

Tempted to buy doom as well.

Doom is very good indeed. I feared the worst when it was announced as I loved the originals but this pays tribute to the originals and adds modern ideas to the mix. It gets better and better the more you go in. It's keeping me off Uncharted 4 at the moment and I bought the PS4 knowing that would be released one day!

Doom is very good indeed. I feared the worst when it was announced as I loved the originals but this pays tribute to the originals and adds modern ideas to the mix. It gets better and better the more you go in. It's keeping me off Uncharted 4 at the moment and I bought the PS4 knowing that would be released one day!

I am nearly done with uncharted so will get this. Is single player good?

I am nearly done with uncharted so will get this. Is single player good?

Yes the single player campaign is fantastic. I haven't even touched the multi player because the campaign is very challenging and although the story is a little silly the action and set pieces are very exciting. Well worth the time.

Yes the single player campaign is fantastic. I haven't even touched the multi player because the campaign is very challenging and although the story is a little silly the action and set pieces are very exciting. Well worth the time.

Next on my list then. I bet MP will be ace too.

Any playstation players who haven't yet, pick up Table Top Racing on PS Plus.  It starts off pretty shite, but once you start getting some upgrades things become a lot more fun. 

I quite enjoyed it. Fairly simple game but pretty decent with a few people you know online as some fairly non serious gaming.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a few as I'm relatively new to PS4 so still playing catchup.

CoD Black Ops 3 = Shite. Not worthy of a number, the only thing I could say in it's favour is that it's maybe not as bad as AW or Ghosts? But that's not really praise. The series just seems to get worse all the time. I'm not even vaguely entertaining giving the new one any play time at all. They'd have to give it to me for free for me to even consider it. 

Fallout 4 - I've liked it so far but not got a huge amount of time in yet, not quite so immersive as 3 but enjoyable none the less.

Assassins Creed Unity,  I know it got pretty crappy reviews and had a load of bugs on launch but I found it pretty enjoyable, the movement doesn't feel as fluid as the earlier games to me but overall I really liked it and as ever the setting looked amazing. 

Drive Club, in the middle really seems half way between realistic and arcade handling the social features could have been quite interesting. It's OK and reasonably entertaining without really excelling at anything.

Star Wars Battlefront - Not put a huge amount of time in, it's been fun playing it online with a guy I know and his kid but I currently feel like I have no idea what is going on at the moment when I  play it.

NBA 2k16, probably decent if you know more about basketball than I do (which basically means knowing more than the fact Jordan was very good at it) but the lack of any real tutorial side to it just left me feeling like I had no idea what to do with it. So I'd say based on it as a total noob it's shit but accept that I could be wrong if you know what you're doing with it. 

Also on PC, Dirt Rally. I love it, it's not without flaws but it's great fun and the car sounds are near perfect. It's not a pick up and play game like the older McRae / Dirt games have been, a lot more difficult and has a steep learning curve but is better off for it in my opinion. 

Got a few as I'm relatively new to PS4 so still playing catchup.

CoD Black Ops 3 = Shite. Not worthy of a number, the only thing I could say in it's favour is that it's maybe not as bad as AW or Ghosts? But that's not really praise. The series just seems to get worse all the time. I'm not even vaguely entertaining giving the new one any play time at all. They'd have to give it to me for free for me to even consider it.

Fallout 4 - I've liked it so far but not got a huge amount of time in yet, not quite so immersive as 3 but enjoyable none the less.

Assassins Creed Unity, I know it got pretty crappy reviews and had a load of bugs on launch but I found it pretty enjoyable, the movement doesn't feel as fluid as the earlier games to me but overall I really liked it and as ever the setting looked amazing.

Drive Club, in the middle really seems half way between realistic and arcade handling the social features could have been quite interesting. It's OK and reasonably entertaining without really excelling at anything.

Star Wars Battlefront - Not put a huge amount of time in, it's been fun playing it online with a guy I know and his kid but I currently feel like I have no idea what is going on at the moment when I play it.

NBA 2k16, probably decent if you know more about basketball than I do (which basically means knowing more than the fact Jordan was very good at it) but the lack of any real tutorial side to it just left me feeling like I had no idea what to do with it. So I'd say based on it as a total noob it's shit but accept that I could be wrong if you know what you're doing with it.

Also on PC, Dirt Rally. I love it, it's not without flaws but it's great fun and the car sounds are near perfect. It's not a pick up and play game like the older McRae / Dirt games have been, a lot more difficult and has a steep learning curve but is better off for it in my opinion.

If you like the fallout games, then you should really try Witcher 3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Transformers Devastation - Tough one as I loved the cartoon but the gameplay is that hack 'n' slash that you get in Devil May Cry and is something I can't really take to. It only cost me £15 new a few months ago so it was cheap and cheerful. If you like Bayonetta, DMC and Transformers then you'll love it. If you're a fan of one or the other, it's probably not for you.