You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Downloaded w2k20 a wrestling game. I haven't played a wrestling game for about 25 years so thought fuck it, I dont watch wrestling but i used to love the game, I just wish knockout kings was still a thing. Anyway so far this wrestling game is shit but it was yet another £13 buy. I'll persist as there's fuck all else out worth playing.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Went back to play far cry primal. 

Different from the other ones obviously, but I'm a far whack in and enjoying it. Its very repetitive like all far cry games

Can't tell if this is a good review or a bad one. 

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Can't tell if this is a good review or a bad one. 

Depends what you like in games really. 

Its not as good as 4 or 5 as the story isn't as good. But if you don't mind repeating similar quests over again its worth the cost, especially as it'll be really cheap now. If repetitive missions and item collection annoys you give it a miss

• 1 month later...

I've been playing Far Cry 6 and liking it so far. It looks really good and like they've pushed the PS4 to its limit to get it to look like it does. I also like the setting as it reminds me of Far Cry 3 more than anything since then and that was my fave of the series. Playing on an island with so much of it covered in trees/jungle type areas is easily the Far Cry setting I like the best.

I'm not really bothered about the main story like most games I play but in this I feel like I could easily end up playing for dozens of hours doing my own thing mostly (uncovering map, taking checkpoints, gathering items, upgrading stuff, fishing minigame, taking screenshots, etc) then occasionally stumbling into a story area and doing some of that before wandering off again like I did when playing it a bit ago.

It's a game that I'd definitely be fine with buying again for PC once it's reduced so I can be more immersed in playing the game with it looking better and also be able to go around taking loads of more detailed screenshots than I can on the PS4.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Guardians of the galaxy, loved it, really felt like a movie adventure and was great to play. Felt a lot like the films, the characters constantly in dialogue with one another. I think they nailed it with this one.

I have this, look forward to it. Its had strong reviews too. 

One review on GTA 3 Definitive Edition... 

"A game that is so undercooked they didn't release copies to the press for reviews," adds another. "Rockstar has clearly looked at CD Project Red's Cyberpunk 2077 and said hold my beer while I curl a bigger turd out."

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

One review on GTA 3 Definitive Edition... 

"A game that is so undercooked they didn't release copies to the press for reviews," adds another. "Rockstar has clearly looked at CD Project Red's Cyberpunk 2077 and said hold my beer while I curl a bigger turd out."

It sounds like a complete mess- https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-14-gta-the-trilogy-has-a-metacritic-aggregate-score-of-0-5

They've had to pull it because they included songs they no longer have licences for, so it can't even be launched at the moment through their shitty Rockstar thing.

I was playing Far Cry 6, Astral Chain and MTG Arena, then SMT V arrived on Sunday and none of those games have been touched again yet. I've mostly been away from the series for years now and to get back to it has been amazing.

The gameplay is something that hardly any games match for me with the JRPG/strategy style it has and the story that has elements of horror, occult, philosophy, sci-fi, cyberpunk, etc. You play a character that can have tons of different skills but you also have up to three demons (characters drawn from mythology, folklore, religion, etc) in your party too and there's over 200 to choose from, each with their own skills and resistances. You can also fuse demons together to get different ones. For anyone that's heard of/played Persona games SMT is the main series that Persona span off from and it's known for having a more serious/darker story and higher difficulty.

The difficulty spikes can be harsh but you don't always have to grind for hours to get past these points, one thing that makes the game so good is that sometimes if you go back shortly after with the right demons, skills, resistances and items you can get past them either easily or be able to last out the battles long enough to win. For those that don't like turn-based RPG's that have this happening though it's probably not something you'd be into, and if you ever lose a battle you get an ending scene and then back to the title screen to load your last save.

The only downside I've had is the graphics. They're hackable and the design of the characters and world are done really well but it's not playing at 1080p and the slight fuzziness the graphics have when they're not at least at that resolution is always something I have problems with (handheld could get rid of this being a problem mostly and is something I'll try at some point but I'm mostly sticking to the monitor for this game.) That's just graphics though and the rest of the game has been fucking brilliant for the most part so far, totally glad I got the Switch for it.

Looks like Battlefield 2042 is an utter disaster- 24% rating on Steam. Naturally PC Gamer (the home of the shill) gave it 80%. Some guy listed these as issues-

Core Features
No single-player story/campaign mode
No standard server browser
Fewer standardized game modes (Can't even play TDM or smaller scale modes without relying on community servers. Really?)
Fewer base game maps than any other title (even including portal the map count is only 13)
No persistent lobbies (seriously why do I have to matchmake after EVERY round?)
Fewer in-game assignments (none outside of cosmetic unlocks)
No class system
Less character customization options (than BF5)
No profile progress/stats page in the menu
No battle log/stats tracker for other players
No global leader boards
No end of round assignment progress screen
No dog tags (they still sort of exist I guess?)
No custom emblems
Fewer achievements
No medals
No cross-game profile screen (BF 4, HL, 1, and V were all linked by a menu if you owned them digitally, was a neat feature.)
No spectator mode
No permanent community servers (would be useful for clans and events)
No test range (this one is sort of compensated for with single payer servers vs bots)
Infantry Gameplay
Fewer guns (even including all the portal guns, BF4 still had more at launch)
Fewer infantry gadgets
No manual leaning
No diving while swimming
No high wall vaulting
No crouch sprinting
No backwards prone
No explosion knockback
No rolling after falling from heights
No ammo or health pickup off teammates
No scope zeroing
No thermal optics
No indirect fire gadgets
Less anti-tank launchers (Come on man only one?)
No lock-on launchers (The M5 works with the SOFLAM but that requires 2 people)
No AP mines/claymores
No suppression mechanic (This one I don't mind but I'm including everything)
No first person takedown animations (whether this is a downgrade is up for debate, but I think it is)
Vehicles
Fewer vehicle types (and separate vehicle progression per faction even though they are functionally identical... why???)
No naval vehicles (Except I guess the hovercraft technically)
No small transports (i.e. ATVs, motorcycles)
No vehicle gunner direction indicator
No lock on direction indicator
No vehicle enter/exit animations
No tank turret decoupling (This was so great in BF4!)
Less vehicle driver/pilot customization options
No tank zoom customization options
No tank gunner customization options
No heli gunner secondary weapons
No separate heli/fixed-wing controls
No control input while looking behind/free looking in aircraft (BF1 and V pilots, this one is gonna absolutely suck for you guys)
No joystick/non-generic gamepad support
Scoring System
No squad wipe scoring
No player damage points
No vehicle damage points
No vehicle kill assist points
No headshot bonus
No long-range kill bonus
No assist counts as kill bonus
No multi-kill bonus
No killstreak stopped bonus
No comeback bonus
No squad objective play bonus
Oversimplified teamplay scoring (i.e. healing a teammate always gives you a flat +5xp rather than being based on how much you heal them)
Squad and Teamwork
No commander
No special squad call-in abilities
No squad field upgrades
No in-game VOIP (coming soonTM)
Fewer factions (with almost nothing to give the 2 factions any distinction)
No cross-team chat
No "create new squad" option
No clans/platoons
No view of squadmates while in the spawn screen
No "Medic incoming" indicator in downed state (coming soonTM)
No rank names/icons, just a number.
Maps
Lack of persistent servers means poor map rotation (I played for 10 hours and never saw Kaleidoscope, Orbital, or Breakaway)
Fewer base game maps (not including portal maps)
No static weapon emplacements
Fewer destructible buildings
Very poor balance between vehicle and infantry gameplay
No infantry focused maps
No game changing evolution
Absolutely zero cover between capture zones
Poor spawn points (Constantly spawning in the open/visible to enemies)
No fortification building (given how open all the maps are, this could have been super useful)
Fewer urban areas
No naval maps
UI and Quality of Life
Less control customization options
Less UI customization options
No HUD/icon opacity customization
No HUD scaling customization options
No gunsight reticule customization options
No network performance graph
No individual player scoreboard
No ability to zoom in on the spawn map
Less detail in the 'who killed you' screen
Less ultrawide monitor support (hud ratio is locked in at 16:9)
Very poor friend joining system (Lack of server browser makes playing with more than 4 friends completely impossible)
Poor console aim assist (big fat f*ck you to console players there, dice. Hopefully this will come with the D1 patch)
No in game crossplay toggle option (you have to change your global console settings)
Audio
General consensus seems to be the audio design is bad, especially compared to both BF3 and BF1.
3D soundscape is almost non-exsistent

33 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

FM22? 

I'm still on 20 using update patches. Is 22 any good? Usually wait 6 months for them to fix the match engine "near post corner" or "20 offside goals a game" bugs. 

I bought it last night and then immediately downloaded the kits/logo's etc that are necessary. It's got good reviews on Steam for once so i took the plunge. I usually wait for the previous years version to go cheap on Steam but it's still full price.  

Haven't actually played it yet, mind you.

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

FM22? 

I'm still on 20 using update patches. Is 22 any good? Usually wait 6 months for them to fix the match engine "near post corner" or "20 offside goals a game" bugs. 

As the image suggests, it's a little unbalanced at the moment. I signed Mbappe and almost had a 100% season (lost one games where I just played the kids), no reloading or anything. Man utd came second with about 100 points.

Finished SMT V earlier after playing for 107 hours. It did end up getting grindy in places and I had other issues at times but mainly it was great to be playing an SMT game again and the more open environments stopped the grindy aspects from being too much of a problem.

I'm on a new game+ now which is usually where I'd drift off and leave a game for a while but there's still some sidequest stuff to do, new demons that have been unlocked for this playthrough, others that I didn't get first time and some dlc as well.

Easily the best game I've played this year and one of the best rpg's I've played in several years I think. Far Cry 6 and Astral Chain got totally dropped since this game arrived though so I'll probably alternate between SMT V and one or more of those two a bit now that the first playthrough has been completed.

That's a "please don't spoil it for it me" request, not a "you've spoiled it" moan. I am playing on the assumption that it's a tragedy, but as with Breaking Bad I'm looking forward to how they play it out.

The only spoiler I'm interested in is "where was the safe I have a code for and how recently have I gone into a room that won't let me go back for it?"