You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Banner Saga - Heavily stroy driven turn-based RPG/strategy game. Love it so far, real high-fantasy bollocks but well done with a deep world and more characters than I can get a handle on - but when one fucks off or dies you miss them because you fucking need them for the battles - which are tough. A good game to chip away at when you get a quiet hour.

Hitman - picked up the intro/Paris pack. Never played one of these before but it is class - I kind of feel you should get a little more intel before the mission and then a little less during it, but otherwise it's a great showcase of how complex environments can be on the PS4.

8/10s

I picked up Assassins Creed Syndicate for £17.99 from Base.com after a mate recommended it. I'd gone off the franchise completely after the disaster that was Assassins Creed III, but I'm about a quarter of the way in to this and am very much enjoying it. I'm loving running around Victorian London and doing missions for the likes of Charles Dickens, Alexander Graham Bell and Charles Darwin. Also, they've introduced a new toy to make the climbing of buildings and running from rooftops much faster and easier.

I'd recommend it to anyone who like me used to be a fan until Ubisoft started rushing them out before they were properly finished and full of bugs (this one has crashed just the once on me up to now).

• Upvote 1

I picked up Assassins Creed Syndicate for £17.99 from Base.com after a mate recommended it. I'd gone off the franchise completely after the disaster that was Assassins Creed III, but I'm about a quarter of the way in to this and am very much enjoying it. I'm loving running around Victorian London and doing missions for the likes of Charles Dickens, Alexander Graham Bell and Charles Darwin. Also, they've introduced a new toy to make the climbing of buildings and running from rooftops much faster and easier.

I'd recommend it to anyone who like me used to be a fan until Ubisoft started rushing them out before they were properly finished and full of bugs (this one has crashed just the once on me up to now).

Mate, if you've never played Black Flag you need to get on it. Far and away the best game in the franchise.

I want UFC 2 but i end up so bored playing sports games. Sick of every bloody game beibg pushed towards online play. I want a good bloody single player game. Also where the fuck are the GTA DLC and whens the new Red Dead out (it better not be online)

Quantum Break is the game that Xbox One are advertising heavily at the moment. Released on April 5th.

The game also comes with full game download of Alan Wake (inlcuding 2 add on packs, The Signal & The Writer).

Alan Wake was one of my favourite games on the Xbox 360. I'm looking forward to the reviews of Quantum Break as Remedy normally make exceptional titles (Alan Wake, Max Payne titles among the best).

Single player games are becoming rarer which is a real shame. But hopefully Uncharted 4, Doom and Quantum Break will redress the balance.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Humble Bundle with a whole lot of Telltale Games, very good value for money

https://www.humblebundle.com/telltale-bundle

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of them I have to say. I played their addition to the Monkey Island series and the Back to the Future game a while back and found them fairly mediocre. That werewolf game is supposed to be really good.

There is a Humble Bundle with a whole lot of Telltale Games, very good value for money

https://www.humblebundle.com/telltale-bundle

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of them I have to say. I played their addition to the Monkey Island series and the Back to the Future game a while back and found them fairly mediocre. That werewolf game is supposed to be really good.

Good value that. I've played a few of them and they are worth the time.

Just about finished Fallout 4 - I'd give it 6 Legendary Alpha Deathclaws out of 10.

The crafting is good, the combat is satisfying, and in the early hours it can feel like a proper survival game, scrabbling round in old buildings for a rusty toy car so you can get enough screws to build a new part for a 10mm pistol. But the quests are so ridiculously monotonous that beyond experience points and the free roaming nature of the game, it hardly seems to qualify as an RPG. Unless the role being played is Wasteland slaughterer.

90% of the missions amount to "Go to X and kill everything", which means your sole choice in the matter is whether to bother or not.

The lack of real distinction in the dialogue system only further hammers home just how shallow any options open to you are. They seem to have more effect on whether your companion likes you than the person you're actually talking to.

I've still put in a fair few hours (no idea how many, as it doesn't count them properly on PS4 during rest mode), but the lasting impression is one of fatigue with this formula. Bethesda really need to step up with the next Elder Scrolls, as their current trajectory with these titles is starting to put me off.

• 2 weeks later...

The Banner Saga - Heavily stroy driven turn-based RPG/strategy game. Love it so far, real high-fantasy bollocks but well done with a deep world and more characters than I can get a handle on - but when one fucks off or dies you miss them because you fucking need them for the battles - which are tough. A good game to chip away at when you get a quiet hour.

Hitman - picked up the intro/Paris pack. Never played one of these before but it is class - I kind of feel you should get a little more intel before the mission and then a little less during it, but otherwise it's a great showcase of how complex environments can be on the PS4.

8/10s

I haven't purchased The Banner Saga yet. 

Banner Saga 2 just released and it looks decent. Available on Steam for £15