You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

6 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Did you play it on PS5?

Yeah, it maintains 60FPS in most places but the bugs just wore me down, I hate having to redo shit so everytime I was forced to reload due to a game mechanic shitting itself or the game crashing I'd rage. The other issue I had was the blurriness, everything looked like I was seeing it through a pair of really dirty glasses, extended gaming sessions actually gave me splitting headaches. Supposedly this issue was sorted in a later patch but I'd packed the game back up for return by that stage so can't say if it fixed anything.

And unlike the Xbox Series X version the game is pretty much just the previous gen version with no graphical improvements, I couldn't be arsed with it in it's current state so will wait a year or so for them to hopefully iron out the bugs, make some QoL improvements and launch the next gen version of the game. I will however say if you went into the game with zero expectations and have not kept up with all the promises CDPR have made over the years re the content they would include in the game (which was definitely not included int the game) you will probably enjoy it, my brother is currently playing through it and loves it.

P.S Here's a proper review of the PS5 vs Series X performance so you can make up your own mind:

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Well, shit. That's massive as Sony are a bunch of tight bastards when it comes to refunds.

The emptiness and lifeless city is the biggest killer of the game for me. After the 2 patches the actual missions weren't to bad but everything else was insanely bad. 8 years working on that. Its going to take some top work to patch it up.

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The emptiness and lifeless city is the biggest killer of the game for me. After the 2 patches the actual missions weren't to bad but everything else was insanely bad. 8 years working on that. Its going to take some top work to patch it up.

That was a massive issue for me along with the NPC & police 'AI'. GTA 1 on the PS1 had better cop response. As for the NPCs, christ, I've seen better scripted NPCs in PS2 games. On the plus side I guess Microsoft get to claim this as an Xbox exclusive now.

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Doubt they'd give two shits about getting back into people's good books were it not for this

image.png

Yeah, they supposedly covered development costs with pre-orders alone, so it's not like they were in a financial black hole if they didn't release this side of Christmas.

Mismanagement and shitty behaviour covering it up. The next gen version wasn't ready, and nor was the current/last gen, so we ended up with the worst of both worlds, a current gen game that only works properly on next gen machines.

I'll wait for the update.

42 minutes ago, Elite said:

Amazon have refunded my physical copy of Cyberpunk, good bloke Bezos.

Buying Control instead.

Great game but it's best played on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X

Had a 17 gig update the other day. Seems to be running okay, although feels a bit sluggish though. The improved performance has only highlighted the weak points in the game. Pop-ins has caused a few accidents and the police seem to forget you exist if you keep driving. 

TBH, much more into Horizon at the moment. Just seems a better game in every way.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently started playing Vigor now that it's available on PlayStation. Had a little search on here and couldn't find any reference to the game in the TNF, so apologies if it has been mentioned previously and I've missed it in me search.

Free-to-play BR/Looter-Shooter/Survival hybrid set in post-war Norway.

There's a crafting/building element to the game too, that sees you upgrade your home base and specific item stations within your home base area. You upgrade these stations to farm food which can be donated for reward crates, and other materials which can then be used to craft weapons and consumables for use in the Encounters.

Link to offal site here - Vigor and a link to the Wikipedia page here.

Enjoying it so far. A nice blend of aggressive and stealthy gameplay required with good risk/reward mechanics.

3 game modes are available with the main mode being Encounters, which pits you up against squads of 1-3 players, with a maximum of 12 players per Encounter.

The other modes are Elimination (5v5 last man standing) and Shootout (traditional free-for-all). Both of these game modes have all players starting with the same random loadouts, so makes the modes all about gun skills and map awareness.

The game is available FTP on PlayStation, Switch and Xbox - It was an Xbox timed exclusive for a good while. I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5, and will be updating once the PS5 version is released later in 2021.

Anyone else played or playing it?

If you're a fan of looter shooters, then this is worth a look as a FTP title - It does have free season pass ladder, and an optional purchasable season pass that gives rarer cosmetic rewards per level, and a store where cosmetic items can be bought directly using the in-game currency - Crowns, which are earned in game, or can be purchased via the respective game stores.

On 20/12/2020 at 11:11, Bobby Hundreds said:

Playing saints row 3 on the switch, looks and runs better than cyberpunk on the ps4. City has more people and traffic.

I can't get into Saints Row at all - I was really looking forward to it as well. I just keep getting told to go to different places and spend half an hour shooting waves of baddies. Then die. 

Played the latest Assassin’s Creed and it was OK. Quite boring really with nothing new or exciting bar Vikings and they weren’t all that. The number of cut scenes is ridiculous too. I just skipped the lot, but they’d deffo account for several

hours if watched right through. 

Now on Immortals Fenix Rising. I

bought it for my son on Switch for Christmas and he loved it so I grabbed it for the PS4 too. It’s ace as it combines puzzles and combat. Great fun all round.