You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

It's a complete shitfest.

A hour into the game and I can't even equip my gun and am in a hostile environment with literally no way to fight my way out. So I'm going to have to start it all again.

I will wait another week or so for some more patches but make no mistake, it's a fucking disgrace and you should be able to refunds as it's a defunct product. Pissed off I paid £50 for the shit now and can't get my money back as I have it on disc.

• Upvote 1

Recently re-installed Silent Hunter 3 - an oldie but goody. Very immersive and the newer mods from the community really bring the graphics to life. It’s like a good game of chess with a hollywood action payoff, when it all comes together on a patrol.

18 hours ago, Elite said:

It's a complete shitfest.

A hour into the game and I can't even equip my gun and am in a hostile environment with literally no way to fight my way out. So I'm going to have to start it all again.

I will wait another week or so for some more patches but make no mistake, it's a fucking disgrace and you should be able to refunds as it's a defunct product. Pissed off I paid £50 for the shit now and can't get my money back as I have it on disc.

They have released a statement saying that they will refund for last-gen consoles. 

Apologies for my ignorance but how on earth can they release a game that is this unprepared, surely they test prior to release ? 

I never understood how a game is released and they have to send a patch less than 24 hours after. I understand the odd bug here and there but it seems every single version is completely unplayable. 

I only bought Witcher 3 approx 18 months ago, which was brilliant and whilst really looking forward to this game it seems the best thing to do will be wait until a get a PS5 (a long way in the future) then get this. 

After going past 31 hours now on Cyberpunk I'm really enjoying it. There was a while where I thought that with all of the issues the game clearly has I wasn't going to last much longer playing, then I started getting into the sidequests and several of them so far have had multiple parts and they've made the game way better for me.

There's still quests littered all over the map too.

I've wanted an open world game set in a cyberpunk city for years on end though and now that I'm playing it I think it's often brilliant. The city and the atmosphere it generates at times are so well done that I'm still regularly amazed at it and I like a lot of the music too which helps. Then there's all of the perks, cyberware, weapons and clothing, a lot of which can be upgraded, crafted, modded and so on.

It's filled with bugs right now but after playing Skyrim for years it's often kind of funny and I'm sure the patches will sort most of that. The biggest issue is that as an RPG it doesn't work as well, which was one of the main reasons I was so interested in this, and actually got the pc I'm now playing it on. The story seems to be linear and doesn't encourage multiple playthroughs so like I read in a review earlier, the only main reason for playing again could be to try different builds out.

I think it's like a weird mashup of GTA, Far Cry and Deus Ex though to an extent and I like it. It's not what I expected, but I never really stuck with the hype because no game could ever live up to that amount and I accepted that in the end it'd probably be a little style over substance too. I think the style is fucking great though for the most part.

If I was on a last gen console with bad fps problems, the game going down to 720p or whatever in resolution and textures failing to load all over the place along with all of the other bugs I'd not be happy at all though, so I can definitely understand that there's a lot of pissed off players out there that expected a lot better. Over the next couple of months I really hope that the patches seriously improve things for them.

Just installed it (was a present for me too, but after the refund story I thought I better check it out), doesn't seem too terrible yet, but I'm just through the opening 'scene'. 

Playing Corpo. Think I'm at the point where it's pretty much the same for everyone.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

For physical copies?

If you have a physical copy of the game, things get a little more complicated, as you might imagine. CD Projekt Red first tells unhappy players to try to return the game at the store they originally bought it from, but those who are unable to are prompted to email helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com for assistance in getting that refund. CD Projekt Red will respond emails sent to that address until December 21st, 2020, meaning you have a week to file your request with the studio.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

If you have a physical copy of the game, things get a little more complicated, as you might imagine. CD Projekt Red first tells unhappy players to try to return the game at the store they originally bought it from, but those who are unable to are prompted to email helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com for assistance in getting that refund. CD Projekt Red will respond emails sent to that address until December 21st, 2020, meaning you have a week to file your request with the studio.

I bought it from Amazon, so will send it back. Hopefully they accept it.

I'll buy the game in the future if they sort the bugs out but it will be a lot cheaper by then.

I'm not far off 40 hours in now on Cyberpunk and it's the sidequests that have added so much more to the game. The main story is only a part of it really, it's the sidequests that add way more life and meaning to the city. It looks like more people are starting to realise that now too, there's a good reddit thread here on it : An important observation i've made in 40 hours of gameplay.

A lot of players have got bored of the main Cyberpunk reddit and all of the negativity as well so there's now this one too that's been gaining thousands of new players each day : https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/

Once we're past most of the bugs this game could still turn out to be a great one.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Weird seeing them use the Witcher as their counterpoint. The detail and care put into side missions is what made that game so great.

I think you might be seeing a reply to the original post (I don't remember the op saying anything negative about the Witcher but a top reply does), for some reason the mods there have taken what I linked down. Maybe it'll be back up soon though if they resolve whatever the problem is.

I loaded up the first PS5 game yesterday, I think it's called AstroBoy or something. It's bundled with the console. It's spectacular. The controllers vibration is something totally unexpected. It's like 3D vibration. Immense.

Next I want to load up Miles Morales and see what that looks like.

51 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I loaded up the first PS5 game yesterday, I think it's called AstroBoy or something. It's bundled with the console. It's spectacular. The controllers vibration is something totally unexpected. It's like 3D vibration. Immense.

Next I want to load up Miles Morales and see what that looks like.

Astro's Playroom I think it's called. I'm looking forward to having a go at that myself at Christmas, sounds really interesting. 

Cyberpunk 2077 for the PS4/PS5:

2/10. A broken shitfest of a game. It gets 2 points only because of the large number of amusing videos of bugs + funny memes it's spawned.

I've returned the Collectors Edition of Cyberpunk I had ordered for the PS4. The game is a mess, fuck knows how it got the green light for release on consoles. Thank fuck for Australia's strong consumer protection laws as it looks like CDPR's 'apology' may have been a PR exercise first and foremost and others overseas are not having much luck getting their money back. Lesson learned, never, ever preorder games, even from companies that are supposedly "better than" or "different from" from the mainstream studios like EA/Bethesda etc.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/12/gamers-are-lucky-to-live-in-australia/

On 14/12/2020 at 01:08, Juniper said:

Desperate to eventually get my hands on Cyberpunk but reading this thread and the feedback online I may wait a bit, especially as I use a base Xbox One. 

Probably wise to wait for a few patches yet.

If you've got a base Xbox its not worth it mate, have a watch of this video and other reviews of the xbox version before buying it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

2/10. A broken shitfest of a game. It gets 2 points only because of the large number of amusing videos of bugs + funny memes it's spawned.

I've returned the Collectors Edition of Cyberpunk I had ordered for the PS4. The game is a mess, fuck knows how it got the green light for release on consoles. Thank fuck for Australia's strong consumer protection laws as it looks like CDPR's 'apology' may have been a PR exercise first and foremost and others overseas are not having much luck getting their money back. Lesson learned, never, ever preorder games, even from companies that are supposedly "better than" or "different from" from the mainstream studios like EA/Bethesda etc.

If you've got a base Xbox its not worth it mate, have a watch of this video and other reviews of the xbox version before buying it.

That’s me waiting a few months then. 

What a mess! 

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Did you play it on PS5?