You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Not sure about Steam but it was 50% off on Humble and GOG. You can set up a wishlist on GG deals that will give alerts for a set price or reduction. 

It's currently got a 20% discount on Humble but nowhere else. I'll keep a look out for it as it's available on all systems. 

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It's currently got a 20% discount on Humble but nowhere else. I'll keep a look out for it as it's available on all systems. 

If you have a Humble subscription it's probably always 20% off. Think it was 50% off before that last month. 

Now I've bought it it's pretty much guaranteed to turn up in the new Humble Bundle or on Game Pass. 

I've got Assassin's Creed Valhalla now. Getting used to the combat and controls has been a bit frustrating after being so used to how Odyssey works but that will hopefully get easier to deal with once I'm more used to it and my character has better stats, skills and equipment. After arriving in England and then having the map fully open to explore though I think overall it's amazing so far.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I've got Assassin's Creed Valhalla now. Getting used to the combat and controls has been a bit frustrating after being so used to how Odyssey works but that will hopefully get easier to deal with once I'm more used to it and my character has better stats, skills and equipment. After arriving in England and then having the map fully open to explore though I think overall it's amazing so far.

I've got my eye on Fenyx Rising which looks different enough and is getting great reviews.

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I've got my eye on Fenyx Rising which looks different enough and is getting great reviews.

I saw a clip of that not long back but I prefer realism in games so I never really looked any further. One game I put that aside for recently though was Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. It was great from what I played of it and a huge open world with tons of stuff to do, it wasn't much of an improvement on the original though so it still seems dated. If they'd remastered it instead of improving a few things here and there it could've been awesome. Hopefully I'll go back to it at some point though because despite that it still seems like a well made rpg.

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I saw a clip of that not long back but I prefer realism in games so I never really looked any further. One game I put that aside for recently though was Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. It was great from what I played of it and a huge open world with tons of stuff to do, it wasn't much of an improvement on the original though so it still seems dated. If they'd remastered it instead of improving a few things here and there it could've been awesome. Hopefully I'll go back to it at some point though because despite that it still seems like a well made rpg.

I quite enjoyed the original, it was solid as you say, played well and looked nice. The main problem was that it was almost an MMO in single player form with all the FedEX and 'go here and kill ten of these' 'quests' and it got pretty boring very quickly. I'm surprised it got a remake as the original developers went bust.

9 hours ago, Mudface said:

I quite enjoyed the original, it was solid as you say, played well and looked nice. The main problem was that it was almost an MMO in single player form with all the FedEX and 'go here and kill ten of these' 'quests' and it got pretty boring very quickly. I'm surprised it got a remake as the original developers went bust.

Yeah I read about those problems when looking at comments of reviews recently. It could've done with some more time spent on it and enough modders to improve things on pc as well maybe but I don't think there's many mods for it either. Some dlc is coming out next year for it though so maybe that'll help improve things instead.

On 15/11/2020 at 07:34, Bobby Hundreds said:

Assassins creed valhalla. Its pretty much a reskinned origins and odyssey with tweaks here and there like a homebase and things. Very large and samey not a patch on the earlier Assassins creed games but during lockdown A huge time filling game is just what I need. 

Is it next to the ASDA?

I thought Days Gone was great too. Currently on the latest Assassins’ Creed and it feels very repetitive. The story is boring as fuck too. As a game, it’s diverting enough, but it’s not in any way what you could call compelling. 

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PS Now. Enjoying it so far, although the story is only just beginning, a lot of the side quests feel like busywork as most characters say pretty much the same thing.

The Witcher and Zelda have, between them, ruined most open world games. Tried fallout 4 and just couldn't get into it.

38 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PS Now. Enjoying it so far, although the story is only just beginning, a lot of the side quests feel like busywork as most characters say pretty much the same thing.

The Witcher and Zelda have, between them, ruined most open world games. Tried fallout 4 and just couldn't get into it.

The cut scenes are pants in Horizon but the gameplay is ace.

7 hours ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, I enjoyed Horizon for the combat and the environment, but the side quests are 99% filler. Can't be dealing with glorified fetch quests these days.

On 07/12/2020 at 17:29, Paul said:

I thought Days Gone was great too. Currently on the latest Assassins’ Creed and it feels very repetitive. The story is boring as fuck too. As a game, it’s diverting enough, but it’s not in any way what you could call compelling. 

I'd level that at a lot of the recent AC games. They look great, but there's something lacking that makes me want to go back repeatedly 

• Upvote 1

On 08/12/2020 at 19:34, RedKnight said:

I shithoused the sawmill horde in Days Gone. Hid behind a big pile of tree trunks and lobbed loads of attractors, molotovs and napalms at them. Only about 30 chased me in the end and I polished them off on my bike.

I did that first time round then went toe to

toe on the replay. 

20 hours ago, Paul said:

I did that first time round then went toe to

toe on the replay. 

I had the fuckers chasing me round for about 2 hours thinking what the fuck am I supposed to do.

Great thing about the game was getting to a camp and thinking ahhh im safe and then you had to venture out again on your bike and think oh shit.