You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Die hard - PC Engine. 5/10. Got bored after a while of aimless wandering and shooting the same bad guys.

Batman the Movie - PC Engine. 5/10. See above. Looks nice though..

Sensi Soccer - Megadrive. 10/10. Still brilliant.

Fatal Fury 2 - Neo Geo. 6/10. Still yet to find a fighting game I really like. I'm shite at all of them, got my arse handed to me on this.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Wii. 10/10. What a joy of a game. Looks beautiful.

91tc1+9QCpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Die hard - PC Engine. 5/10. Got bored after a while of aimless wandering and shooting the same bad guys.

Batman the Movie - PC Engine. 5/10. See above. Looks nice though..

Sensi Soccer - Megadrive. 10/10. Still brilliant.

Fatal Fury 2 - Neo Geo. 6/10. Still yet to find a fighting game I really like. I'm shite at all of them, got my arse handed to me on this.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Wii. 10/10. What a joy of a game. Looks beautiful.

91tc1+9QCpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The Takeover on Switch is currently on sale, cheap and decent.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Baldur's Gate 3 off gog the other night and think it's ace. Bugs all over the place because it's early access, still enjoying playing it though. And it's good to know it's a respected company behind it (Larian who made the Divinity RPG's) so I can have confidence that it's being worked on by people that know what they're doing.

• Upvote 1

On 08/10/2020 at 21:51, Red Phoenix said:

I got Baldur's Gate 3 off gog the other night and think it's ace. Bugs all over the place because it's early access, still enjoying playing it though. And it's good to know it's a respected company behind it (Larian who made the Divinity RPG's) so I can have confidence that it's being worked on by people that know what they're doing.

Cool, I loved BG1 and 2, especially with the mod that combined them into a single game. I'm going to wait until it's released though, I always get the feeling I'd be bored of an early access game before it gets finalised. Is it quite different to the Divinity Original Sin games? It looks very similar which is a bit disconcerting.

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Anyone played Control or The Outer World's? My next game after I finish TLOU2 which is surprising long.

Control is brilliant with a really good story. I did play The Outer Worlds but although it's humorous it didn't grab me. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Control is it then. I was hoping The Outer World's would be like Fallout: New Vegas but evidently not.

Void Bastards is a brilliant game which has a lot of similarities to Fallout, Outer Worlds not so much.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:33, Mudface said:

Cool, I loved BG1 and 2, especially with the mod that combined them into a single game. I'm going to wait until it's released though, I always get the feeling I'd be bored of an early access game before it gets finalised. Is it quite different to the Divinity Original Sin games? It looks very similar which is a bit disconcerting.

This is the first Baldur's Gate or Larian game I've played so not sure about it being similar to Divinity. I know that Divinity was liked by a lot of rpg players though so it makes me feel better about the chances of the game being developed properly seeing as they did early access for Divinity too.

It's not the usual style of game I play where you point and click to move around, the camera works like it does and it being turn based in combat, but for some reason it seemed interesting and I ended up getting into it easily. I can understand people wanting to wait until it's finished so the game isn't spoiled too. I'd play any game like this though and would be glad if it happened more often, as long as it has good replayability anyway which is what good rpg's shouldn't really have issues with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been on Watch Dogs: Legion and Yakuza: Like a Dragon recently. Watch Dogs has an amazing game world and the ability to recruit almost any npc makes it a lot more interesting. I have little interest in the main story but it's the type of game I could play around in for hours doing side missions, collecting items, recruiting npc's and doing other random stuff. It might not be good for people who favour main story/characters (which would explain a lot of the mixed reception) but can be great for those not needing that.

Yakuza has been awesome. Story parts can take a while to get through but I've often liked them and the characters too. The turn-based fighting works well and there's other full on rpg elements including a job system, crafting, a big underground dungeon-type area that you can spend ages in with several levels to it and plenty of side quests and minigames. I think the graphics seem fairly average but the version of London created by Ubisoft is one of the best cities I've ever seen in a game and it was the last thing I played before it so no big surprise. Yakuza seems way more complete though and is one of my fave games this year I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back on Assassin's Creed Odyssey again because I got it on pc a while back but couldn't be doing with uplay, changed my mind a bit ago though and glad I did. It looks amazing with this mod and the better image quality on pc compared to the ps4 (I don't have a pro so image isn't that clear on there) : https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedodyssey/mods/6

I haven't reached the quality in those screenshots and probably can't with my pc but it still looks a lot better and glad to be back playing it.

I'm currently playing the return of the Obra dinn on the switch. What a weirdly different and brilliant game, im loving playing it. Essentially you are sent to a galleon ship that's returned after being missing to find out whats going on. You find dead bodies and with a special stop watch you can go to the moment in time that person lost their lives and walk around that moment looking at the people stuck in time, seeing where each one is what they are doing. Your aim is to find out each dead person's name, how they died and who or what killed them.  Its a mystery story told in a different way and the graphic style is pretty much detailed line drawings. Its great, not for everyone but right up my street.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm currently playing the return of the Obra dinn on the switch. What a weirdly different and brilliant game, im loving playing it. Essentially you are sent to a galleon ship that's returned after being missing to find out whats going on. You find dead bodies and with a special stop watch you can go to the moment in time that person lost their lives and walk around that moment looking at the people stuck in time, seeing where each one is what they are doing. Your aim is to find out each dead person's name, how they died and who or what killed them.  Its a mystery story told in a different way and the graphic style is pretty much detailed line drawings. Its great, not for everyone but right up my street.

Good recommendation, it's well reviewed too. A little pricey but added to my wish list on steam/switch so I'll look out for a sale. 

4 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Good recommendation, it's well reviewed too. A little pricey but added to my wish list on steam/switch so I'll look out for a sale. 

Not sure about Steam but it was 50% off on Humble and GOG. You can set up a wishlist on GG deals that will give alerts for a set price or reduction.