You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2

Only skated the Warehouse so far while I shake off the cobwebs.  Playing with the d-pad because nothing else felt right.  Weird being able to manual in the first one.

I picked it up and agree it feels a little weird, I’ve forced myself to use the stick but maybe i should try d pad or change the dead zone or similar. 

It looks great though and I’m enjoying it, first time Superman came on was like a flashback to my youth. 

3 hours ago, paddyberger said:

I picked it up and agree it feels a little weird, I’ve forced myself to use the stick but maybe i should try d pad or change the dead zone or similar. 

It looks great though and I’m enjoying it, first time Superman came on was like a flashback to my youth. 

The soundtracks were brilliant on those early games. I might get it when the price drops just for some nostalgia.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

The soundtracks were brilliant on those early games. I might get it when the price drops just for some nostalgia.

The controls feel lively, I set mine to delayed on the stick and getting better results. It’s pretty cool and the nostalgia value is still there.

The soundtrack is mostly there, some missing, some new ones.

4 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

The controls feel lively, I set mine to delayed on the stick and getting better results. It’s pretty cool and the nostalgia value is still there.

The soundtrack is mostly there, some missing, some new ones.

Are the levels still small like on the original games?

Fucking hell just reading about EA and UFC 4. They've really fucking took the piss. A month after launch they've added in game full adverts. 

Apparently its in the new NBA game, so I'd expect it in Madden and FIFA aswell. EA saying you don't have to watch them but the give you in game benefits so it's less intrusive. 

Taking the fucking piss, it's not a free game so fuck off with adverts. Just a way of getting that micro transaction money back. EA are massive cunts. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Fucking hell just reading about EA and UFC 4. They've really fucking took the piss. A month after launch they've added in game full adverts. 

Apparently its in the new NBA game, so I'd expect it in Madden and FIFA aswell. EA saying you don't have to watch them but the give you in game benefits so it's less intrusive. 

Taking the fucking piss, it's not a free game so fuck off with adverts. Just a way of getting that micro transaction money back. EA are massive cunts. 

Yep. These mega-publishers either need to start controlling their budgets, or charge realistic prices for their games. Chopping the game up and releasing half of it as DLC, forcing gambling mechanics on games for kids or shoving in adverts just isn't acceptable any more.

EA have just started selling EA Play on Steam, their catalogue is laughable, a handful of well worn franchises that they churn out year after year, riddled with micro-transactions and gambling. Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

They have the monopoly on most sports naming rights which gives them full control of the market. They are a huge reason why the sports game genre is pretty dull.

What they do with micro-transactions and now adverts will hopefully backfire on them. Utter greedy cunts.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

They have the monopoly on most sports naming rights which gives them full control of the market. They are a huge reason why the sports game genre is pretty dull.

What they do with micro-transactions and now adverts will hopefully backfire on them. Utter greedy cunts.

Apparently they added in adverts after the review embargo had passed. They know very well it will go down terribly but do it anyway.

The only way it stops is if FIFA, UFC and the other licenses do to EA the same as Disney did over the Star Wars loot boxes.

Yeah i  couldn't care about FIFA, i normally buy it about 2 out of 3 years but only when its about £20. I do normally end up buying Madden though but reckon i'll be waiting for that as the reviews have been scathing about it. UFC went shite in my opinion when they took over, the grappling has been fucking shite and i cant get to grips with it at all. 

EA has now removed in-game ads from UFC 4 after fans flooded the company's social channels with complaints. In a statement to Eurogamer that was also posted on Reddit, EA said: "Earlier this week, the team turned on ad placements in EA SPORTS UFC 4 that appeared during the “Replay” moments in gameplay. This type of advertising inventory is not new to the UFC franchise, though we have typically reserved displaying ads to specific main menu tiles or Octagon logo placement.

"It is abundantly clear from your feedback that integrating ads into the Replay and overlay experience is not welcome. The advertisements have been disabled by the team and we apologize for any disruption to gameplay that players may have experienced.

"We realize that this should have been communicated with players ahead of time and that's on us. We want to make sure our players have the best possible experience playing EA SPORTS UFC 4, so ad integration in the Replay and overlay experience will not be reappearing in the future. Thank you for your continued feedback on EA SPORTS UFC 4."

6 hours ago, Mudface said:

Saints.

And now about incorporating gambling mechanics in kids' games?

Unfortunately I think the kids like it. Apparently one of my nephews plays FIFA and he loves buying the packs. It's obviously a scam but try telling the kids that when they are telling their mates the best players they are getting.

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Unfortunately I think the kids like it. Apparently one of my nephews plays FIFA and he loves buying the packs. It's obviously a scam but try telling the kids that when they are telling their mates the best players they are getting.

Yeah, it's very addictive. My two used to watch Youtube videos of people opening the packs and wanted to start their own channel doing the same. Some governments have actually started to crack down on them, having a proper rating system and making the games 18+ only would be a start.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, it's very addictive. My two used to watch Youtube videos of people opening the packs and wanted to start their own channel doing the same. Some governments have actually started to crack down on them, having a proper rating system and making the games 18+ only would be a start.

It has to be regulated. By making it an 18+ it puts the onus on the parents to take responsibility for it. At least then there will be some element of control. When I was younger I used to work in a couple of video games stores and when the classification system came in, it definitely changed the way games were sold and purchased. No doubt it would be the same for FIFA. As soon as their sales figures are hit, they'll definitely change it.

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It has to be regulated. By making it an 18+ it puts the onus on the parents to take responsibility for it. At least then there will be some element of control. When I was younger I used to work in a couple of video games stores and when the classification system came in, it definitely changed the way games were sold and purchased. No doubt it would be the same for FIFA. As soon as their sales figures are hit, they'll definitely change it.

Not sure about PEGI (for the EU) but the ESRB (for the US) is a self regulatory body formed by games companies, they're not going to rock the boat. That's a real problem with tech firms in general- we've allowed them to self-regulate and basically write their own codes of conduct.

Finally got back into GTA5 after a long lay off and finished the main story last night. Other more recent games have probably done parts of this better with controls and shooting mechanics etc. but this was a great game. A whole lot better than RDR2 for me, most likely because you aren't riding a horse over a much larger map and it's still a very funny satire. 

The days of Sony fan boys shouting about exclusives might be taking a massive hit. Microsoft on the verge of buying ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda studios. 

The deal will give Microsoft’s Xbox games division ownership of top-selling games including “Fallout,” “The Elder Scrolls,” “Doom,” “Quake,” “Wolfenstein,” “Prey” and “Dishonored.” Microsoft plans to add Bethesda’s franchises to its Xbox Game Pass cloud-based service, which has over 15 million subscribers.